GUILTY TX - Jami, 48, & Mallory Evans, 15, murdered in their Aledo home, 4 Oct 2012

The part where he is worried this is going to mess up his future and he's concerned he might suffer nightmares Thud. The kid is a psychopath.

We already have a thread on Jake:

TX- Parker County teen held in slayings of mother and sister - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm not sure how thread merges are done, but I'll contact a mod :)

It's a fascinating case, isn't it?!

Some psychiatrists (on TV somewhere, sorry!) think it could be from an organic cause, like a brain tumor. I hadn't even thought of that, but I'm not up on the kind of behavior that can come from a tumor from a psychiatric point of view. He did say he'd been seeing an allergist because of headaches. Hmmmmm.

Also, Nancy Grace totally mangled this story, imho. It was yesterday, maybe? Her paraphrasing of what she'd heard and read was waaaaay off. She has him drawn and quartered already, I think! I'll wait till the MRIs come in, myself. It's certainly an odd situation, and of course terribly sad and disturbing :(

I'm not waiting for anything. I'm ready to toss away the key.

This ones a psychopath IMO

Lengthy Daily Mail look at the confession, etc.

'I made sure my mom was dead and shot her again in the head': Teen killed his mother and
sister after Halloween movie inspired him to murder his family 'with ease and with little remorse'

• Jake Evans, 17, wrote a chilling four-page confession describing in detail the night of the killing
• Said he watched Halloween movie three times that week and stole his grandpa's gun
• He said his family were turning into 'people he hates' and his sister was racist
Tons of pictures too, plus a Rob Zombie 'Halloween' and a 911 call sidebar. And two videos.

Well I hope that now he is among people he really likes.
:jail:

So scary . Terrifying I hope we find answers
Or plausible explanations . Ugh

Has anything come out yet regarding his intellectual ability or developmental level? He sounds kind of spacey and child-like when he talks about thinking it would be like it was for the guy on the movie... and, I don't know, like surprised that it wasn't like that?

Wouldn't most people of normal ability realize that without having to do it? He obviously needs to be locked up for the safety of others, but I actually got really sad listening to the 911 call. Like it was a 6 year old on the other end of that line.

Why were he and his sister taken out of school?

Why would it take LE 25 MINUTES to get there??? He could have taken out his Grandparents and the neighbors! I would be nervous if I were one of the neighbors! What a great 911 operator!!

I think they had trouble with the gated community... but that couldn't have taken THAT long. Who wouldn't give them the code if there were a bunch of police cars?

Unprepared LE needed backup to get out? Is this a small town?

I don't know, 25 minutes surprised me too. I can only imagine the preparation going into a situation with a known gunman.

Here we go with the 'Hollywood made me do it' defense. Gmafb.

I'm over these freaks. How about we find 2 islands. One for pedos and one for psychos. Let them have at it.

Such a very sad and tragic situation. Teen lived in a $500,000 home, had a mother who was a teacher and assistant principal so she should have known children pretty well and should have been pretty good at handling them. I would think she would know the signs if something was wrong mentally with her son. Family was Christian and are reported to have been nice to people. The boy had never been violent before. He must have been sensitive if racist comments and bullies disturbed him. He had a pleasant relationship with his grandparents it appears. So what went wrong? He thought about the killing for quite awhile before he did it. Afterwards, he talks about its effect on him but says nothing about that he's going to miss his mom and sister or about that his family has been destroyed. Yet, listening to him on the tape I can almost feel sorry for him a little bit. He's destroyed his own life along with killing his mom and sister. He didn't want visits from family and his dad said he won't bail him out of jail. I feel so bad for the father. He lost his wife and his daughter and now pretty much his son too. He must be wondering why, what went wrong. A lot of kids grow up in rotten homes and don't end up killing people, and it appeared that this teen had a good home. Just so sad.

Considering his sister is dead and can not defend herself, I am not going to accept his claims as a fact.

His family annoyed him. He viewed them as disposable objects. He was worried what effect murdering them would have on him. No remorse, no fear. It was all about him even immediately after killing them. Then to make himself look better he accuses his sister of being a racist..? He claims he didn't want them to suffer? He said sorry to his sister when he put an end to her suffering? Eyeroll...

The kid is a psychopath IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so strange; the best I can do is think this kid is really a freak. He's not like a normal psychopath because he doesn't sound all there, and he is childlike but also so amazingly self-centered that it's not just that.

I seriously think he's one of those 'off' folks who start wanting to kill people (years ago, maybe). I bet he was always a little off. People just thought it was harmless and felt sorry for him, I bet. And I bet he did hide his real thoughts about things, obviously.

He walks into the room trying to gear himself up to kill his sister, and when he stands there too long to be normal, he throws a pillow at her and starts a pillow fight, which she enjoys, apparently. OMG. No, I think it sounds like what he was thinking being hidden compared to how he acted was something he's had a lot of practice at.

I don't think he was ever truly connected to anyone. He's very off and strange, unless that confession was the symptom of something new in his mental health. Folks would have noticed something new like that, I think, though. They didn't notice because it's not new, imho.

Very strange confession, though. I'm so surprised he got along normally with people before this, unless they did think there was something off about him (and maybe pitied him about it). I wonder how honest folks are being about that, not that we've heard many details. Maybe that's why the home-schooling started. He does mention hating bullies, so maybe folks did notice how strange he seems.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/10/6191539/competency-of-parker-county-teen.html?rh=1

Two years after 17-year-old Jake Evans called 911 and said he had killed his mother and 15-year-old sister inside their Parker County home, the case is on hold as his mental competency is questioned.

Larry Moore, Evans’ court-appointed attorney, filed a motion Sept. 12 requesting that a jury determine whether Evans, now 19, is competent to stand trial. In an affidavit, Moore said the defense had Evans examined by a forensic psychologist who concluded that the teen is not competent to stand trial. Moore wrote that his own observations and dealings with Evans lead him to believe the same.

On Sept. 18, state District Judge Graham Quisenberry ordered that Evans be examined by Dr. Jim Womack to determine competency.

4 months in a mental hospital really?! Has his father made any statements about the sentence? The

From April 2015:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article19949325.html

A teen who fatally shot his mother and 15-year-old sister inside their Parker County home was sentenced to 45 years in prison Thursday in a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Jacob Ryan “Jake” Evans, who was 17 at the time of the 2012 slayings, pleaded guilty to two counts of murder. As part of the plea, the state waived a capital murder charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back