TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deputies trying to figure out where Texas St. student went after mysterious disappearance

ETA
Investigators say his last digital footprint at the intersection of Austin Street and Magnolia in Luling, Texas.

His car was found wrecked in the 2300 block of Salt Flat Road, about five miles away.

We're told more details will be released by the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office. If you have any information, you can call them at 512-398-6777.
I have no idea where cell towers are located here or whether it would have been reasonable for hi cell phone to have pinged in this area.

Last edited:
Thursday, law enforcement sources tell us they now need help to figure out what happened during the 67-minute window between the time they last have a digital footprint of Landry and where his vehicle was found crashed just after midnight on the Dec. 14.

Investigators say his last digital footprint at the intersection of Austin Street and Magnolia in Luling, Texas.
_________

This is very interesting information released by CCCS.

The intersection of Austin St & Magnolia is actually the traffic light intersection where JL should have turned right/south on 183 to connect to the HI-10 interchange.

This report tells us that from the time his phone pinged at this intersection to the time his vehicle was located crashed in the ditch on SLR, about 67 minutes elapsed.

The question now is what was JL doing for nearly an hour from the time he passed the intersection to the time his crashed vehicle was spotted by the passerby?

The distance from the intersection to the crash site is about 5 miles and 11 mins by car:

11 min (5.0 miles) via Salt Flat Rd

From the San Marcos Hwy, continuing east on E Austin St toward N Magnolia Ave:

Continue straight to stay on E Austin St - 0.2 mi

Continue onto Spruce Ave - 0.5 mi

Continue onto Salt Flat Rd - 4.2 mi

End at the approx crash site: 2365 Salt Flat Rd - Luling, TX 78648

Google Maps

Thursday, law enforcement sources tell us they now need help to figure out what happened during the 67-minute window between the time they last have a digital footprint of Landry and where his vehicle was found crashed just after midnight on the Dec. 14.

_________

The intersection of Austin St & Magnolia is actually the traffic light intersection where JL should have turned right/south on 183 to connect to the HI-10 interchange.

This report tells us that from the time his phone pinged at this intersection to the time his vehicle was located crashed in the ditch on SLR, about 67 minutes elapsed.

The question now is what was JL doing for nearly an hour from the time he passed the intersection to the time his crashed vehicle was spotted by the passerby?

The distance from the intersection to the crash site is about 5 miles and 11 mins by car:

Google Maps
Well what does 67 minutes tell us without telling us the exact time it pinged?
He could have been crashed for up to an hour before his vehicle was spotted, could he not?

_________

Google Maps
So I’m confused here....does this mean that his phone was not pinging for 67 minutes? Or is this some kind of other info that is coming out? Not real sure what to make of this....

So I’m confused here....does this mean that his phone was not pinging for 67 minutes? Or is this some kind of other info that is coming out? Not real sure what to make of this....
My understanding is that it pinged in Luling town 57 minutes before it was found crashed.
I have no idea if it pinged after that.
Suggests they have GPS data from his phone already, maybe.
I'm speculating.

My understanding is that it pinged in Luling town 57 minutes before it was found crashed.
I have no idea if it pinged after that.
Suggests they have GPS data from his phone already, maybe.
I'm speculating.
Ok but we know he was there or rather his phone and car were there as his car was crashed about 5 miles from there and his phone was in the car...I’m not understanding how this is new info?

Ok but we know he was there as his car was crashed about 5 miles from there and his phone was in the car...I’m not understanding how this is new info?
I'm not either.
No doubt his phone pinged off every cell tower he passed as that is the nature of pings.
He may have stopped for food.. who knows?
I'm not getting any kind of a 'eureka' moment from this.
Unless more is to follow..

I'm not either.
No doubt his phone pinged off every cell tower he passed as that is the nature of pings.
He may have stopped for food.. who knows?
I'm not getting any kind of a 'eureka' moment from this.
Unless more is to follow..
I agree....unless they have a photo of him on surveillance camera or something...I’m not getting this being a big lead....but who knows...there must be more to it....

Ok but we know he was there or rather his phone and car were there as his car was crashed about 5 miles from there and his phone was in the car...I’m not understanding how this is new info?

I believe what is new and what they are seeking help with is to determine why it took Jason 67 minutes to arrive at the crash location that was only 11 minutes away.

Did he pick up a hitchhiker at the intersection?
Did he have a planned meetup to make a buy?
Did he power off his phone?
What can account for almost an hour of elapsed time?
Where is Jason?

Investigators have a good idea that he crashed his vehicle at about 12:30 AM. I believe the phone ping must have been close to 11:20 pm

MOO

I believe what is new and what they are seeking help with is to determine why it took Jason 67 minutes to arrive at the crash location that was only 11 minutes away.

Did he pick up a hitchhiker at the intersection?
Did he have a planned meetup to make a buy?
Did he power off his phone?
What can account for almost an hour of elapsed time?
Where is Jason?
But how do they know he didn't arrive at the crash location in 11 minutes and crashed and was found approximately an hour later?
There is only a reference to a 'digital imprint' in Luling?

But how do they know he didn't arrive at the crash location in 11 minutes and crashed and was found approximately an hour later?
I agree...the 67 minutes references the elapsed time before the crash was reported. It would be different if they were stating 67 minutes elapsed between the time he left the intersection and the time he actually crashed.

I do find it interesting that LE have released this bit of information with almost a "tease" that more information is soon to be released - why not just release it all at once. Do they have someone in mind that has the information and this is their way of giving them an opportunity to come forward before more details are released?

I agree...the 67 minutes references the elapsed time before the crash was reported. It would be different if they were stating 67 minutes elapsed between the time he left the intersection and the time he actually crashed.

I do find it interesting that LE have released this bit of information with almost a "tease" that more information is soon to be released - why not just release it all at one time. Do they have someone in mind that has the information and this is their way of giving them an opportunity to come forward before more details are released?
could be media grasping at straws..
LE may have mentioned a list of cell tower pings or something and they ran with it
See if LE follows up..

could be media grasping at straws..
LE may have mentioned a list of cell tower pings or something and they ran with it
See if LE follows up..
They say “digital footprint” and not “ping”. A digital footprint can be a text, a photo, a video, a search online, or a like on Instagram or Facebook. So he left a digital footprint at the intersection and that was the last they heard from him? I wonder what it was? Did he send a text to someone, like something on Instagram or what? I can see stopped at a red light he would have time to do that. I don’t understand why they think he would be doing that while driving and then crashing. I’m so confused....maybe more will come out later but this is clear as mud.

Well what does 67 minutes tell us without telling us the exact time it pinged?
He could have been crashed for up to an hour before his vehicle was spotted, could he not?
Don't forget that LE pinpointed the estimated crash time using a shift worker's account of passing SFR seeing no crash and the firefighter that passed the location and saw the wrecked car and called it in. Based on these reports, the vehicle could not have been crashed for an hour before spotted.

I disagree. We have specifics: Investigators say his last digital footprint at the intersection of Austin Street and Magnolia in Luling, Texas.

Don't forget that LE pinpointed the estimated crash time using a shift worker's account of passing SFR seeing no crash and the firefighter that passed the location and saw the wrecked car and called it in. Based on these reports, the vehicle could not have been crashed for an hour before spotted.
Jason‘s family was told that his car was found around 12:30 Monday morning by a volunteer firefighter who was returning from a call. The family was also told that about an hour earlier an oil field worker drove by the same spot and did not see a thing. Dogs tracked a scent indicating Jason was walking back toward Luling. After about a quarter of a mile, the trail disappeared.

So just me thinking but what if they have him texting or liking something online or his phone pinging say at 10:20 or 10:30 pm....the oil field worker didn’t see his wrecked car at around 11:30 but the firefighter saw it around 12:30 am ....so if he were in Luling at the intersection around 10:20-10:30.....where was he for those 60 or something minutes....is that what they are trying to say? It sounds like to me they’ve found out that he was at the intersection a lot earlier than they thought...they were thinking 11:30 or after....so this is interesting....so this is a huge deal!

Digital Footprint Definition

A digital footprint is a trail of data you create while using the Internet. It includes the websites you visit, emails you send, and information you submit to online services.
Every tweet you post on Twitter, every status update you publish on Facebook, and every photo you share on Instagram contributes to your digital footprint. The more you spend time on social networkingwebsites, the larger your digital footprint will be. Even "liking" a page or a Facebook post adds to your digital footprint, since the data is saved on Facebook's servers.

I disagree. We have specifics: Investigators say his last digital footprint at the intersection of Austin Street and Magnolia in Luling, Texas.

we do not have specific time of crash, only that it apparently occurred between 11.30pm and 12.30am.
We do not have specific time digital footprint was created in Luling. Only it's location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53