TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caldwell County Sheriff's Office
View attachment 281844
Shorts worn by Jason Landry. White tag, has only spot of presumptive blood on clothing.
View attachment 281845
White tag from Jason's short with spot of presumptive blood.
View attachment 281846
Spot of presumptive blood on underwear of Jason Landry.
View attachment 281847
Usable amount of marijuana recovered by TX DPS from Jason's backpack.
View attachment 281848

edited still photo of Body Worn Camera of the Trooper who initially responded to the scene showing relative location of articles of clothing and backpack, approximately 900 feet south of crash scene.
View attachment 281849
Still photo of BWC from Trooper showing backpack, plastic bag of personal toiletries, and a plastic tumbler style container with a deceased beta fish.
The picture that shows the relative location of the clothes and backpack really illustrates just how very dark that area is at night, when you look beyond the scope of the body camera flash.

Naked. Cold (but probably feeling unbearable heat.) Brain not functioning properly. Navigating an extremely dark path. Just terrifying.

I can't help but agree with you @happyday. And LE has even said they don't believe he was fatally injured.

Can't you use Snapchat to locate a friends' exact location, and even see their avatar on a map? Could he have been meeting someone out there for some reason? (Not even saying that the friend did anything nefarious. I do think this is going to be drug- related, but I'm leaning more towards drugs gone bad.)
Yes you can see anyone who has on public locations on a snap map.

ITA and the car did not roll over, it spun. There was no blood on his tee shirt or inside the car, I would have thought as the car came to a halt and if he had a head injury he would have put his hand to his head and it would have been covered in blood. But, there were no reported smudges inside the car as he crawled across to the passenger side to get out.
There was no blood transferred to his clothing as he took it off. I don't think an open head injury occurred.
<modsnip> many head injuries, both TBI and ABI bleed internally....Not externally and not necessarily related to superficial cuts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor guy. I think he ended up ingesting some sort of hallucinogenic, maybe unknowingly, maybe before he left San Marcos, and it didn't start hitting him until 30 minutes into his trip (so to speak).

Stopping at that light probably triggered something in him, and that is when he got confused and ended up where he did.

Many years ago, I was a passenger in a car. Unbeknownst to me, the driver, a friend of mine, had ingested some hallucinogenics right before picking me up to give me a ride home from work.

He didn't tell me anything, he thought I wouldn't notice. He was fine, until we got to an intersection and the light turned red. He stopped and just stared at the light. It eventually turned green, but he did nothing, until it turned yellow, then red again. This happened three times. I told him to go, but I dont think he could hear me, he was in such a daze.

We sat at that intersection forever, it seemed, as the lights kept changing while he just stared straight at them. That's when I realized something was wrong, and I asked to switch seats with him so we could get home.

He finally heard me, told me he was fine, and drove me home. Scariest drive ever, as he couldn't find his way in a town he had lived in his entire life. He was completely lost, and very confused, especially at intersections with traffic lights.

you do know that many head injuries, both TBI and ABI bleed internally? Not externally and not necessarily related to superficial cuts?
I do know. I have worked as a therapist with head injured adults and children for forty-five years. I know that a closed head injury with resultant internal bleeding does not produce symptoms of clothing removal to that extent in only a few minutes after the injury. One early common sign of a traumatic brain injury is vomiting, did they find any? Also, drowsiness, yet he is not near the scene

I do know. I have worked as a therapist with head injured adults and children for forty-five years. I know that a closed head injury with resultant internal bleeding does not produce symptoms of clothing removal to that extent in only a few minutes after the injury. One early common sign of a traumatic brain injury is vomiting, did they find any? Also, drowsiness, yet he is not near the scene
I have to disagree as a former RN and as a person who has experienced an aneurysmal SAH, the heat was immediate and the desire to get cooled superseded the violent. headache.

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office
Ok, I took the press release and snipped and bolded some parts and added my questions and analytical thoughts in blue. If anyone wants to discuss.

Investigators have now gained access to most of Jason’s phone and computer data. Investigators are still waiting for some search warrants from social media/ tech companies to be returned and will immediately process that data upon receipt.

We are asking the public’s assistance with any information which may further the investigation.

At 11:11 PM, Jason As Jason goes through the intersection of Hackberry St. where Hwy 80 becomes Austin St., Jason quits using the Waze application, and begins using the Snapchat application on his cell. Jason continues on Austin St. to the intersection with U.S. Hwy. 183 (Magnolia Ave.). It is believed that Jason continued straight through that intersection, continuing onto E. Austin. At this intersection, Jason’s digital footprint essentially stops. It is believed that he continues on E. Austin onto Spruce St. which turns into Salt Flat Road. I wonder how and why they believe it continued on? Do they spot it on camera somewhere? Or is it just because of the location it ended up?
Jason’s vehicle is found abandoned in the 2300 block of Salt Flat Road at 31 minutes after Midnight on 12.14.20.

The approximate 67 minute window, between the last data footprint at Austin and Magnolia and the discovery of the crash scene, is what investigators are focusing on. Jason’s phone had cell signal and was powered on, investigators are still trying to determine why it doesn’t appear to have been used since the area of Magnolia Ave. and Austin St. Which makes sense to question this because if he was using Waze before he started using Snapchat why wouldn’t he go back to using Waze? Something happened at that intersection. I’m not sure he was ever in that car alone again.

The volunteer firefighter, who discovered Jason’s abandoned vehicle, did not enter the vehicle. The Trooper who responded to the scene, almost an hour later, also did not enter the vehicle.

Are they telling this to squash questions about dogs scent problems?

Jason’s vehicle has been processed for DNA and any blood evidence with the assistance of the Texas Rangers. There was no evidence of blood inside the vehicle.
Someone else’s DNA wouldn’t tell anything correct? Could they run all prints found?

There is no evidence that Jason was traveling to meet with or had communicated intent to meet with anyone in or around Luling.
I’m going to analyze it’s like we always do statements from LE. They say there is no evidence because they have no evidence right now. This does not mean that they will not ever have evidence. They also stated they do not have access to all of his social media. To me it’s possible they don’t have access to Snapchat and that could easily be where a meet up was arranged.

At this time, there is no evidence that an unknown person of interest is involved in this incident and investigators believe that there is no threat to our community.
Again, “at this time”
Investigators have reviewed hundreds of hours of video from cameras in and around Luling, none of which have produced any evidentiary findings.
I’m guessing they mean during that 67 minutes? Guessing they have video somewhere of him being alone in car.
Members of the public, who have game cameras on private property, or private surveillance video from the area, are encouraged to review that as soon as possible. You may contact our office for assistance in reviewing video, if needed.
Yep, I suggested that as did others here. Too bad it wasn’t suggested during the search. I personally can find landowners nearby posting game camera video so I know it’s out there. There’s also an app that shows deer blinds in the area. Does anybody have that one?
Please review the most current missing person flyer, with an updated picture showing Jason within an hour of him going missing.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact any of the following investigators:

Detective Ferry with the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office, 512-398-6777 Ext. 4516 or by email: Jeff.Ferry@co.caldwell.tx.us

Investigator Abel Pena, with PM Investigations by phone: (210) 954-1476 or by email: pminvestigations9221@gmail.com
I’m curious how this works. Does the state employ them? https://www.pminvestigations.org/pminvestigationscom
20 years former FBI

Investigator Tuleta Copeland, with Leverage Investigations at Justice@LeverageInvestigations.com
20 years former FBI

My thoughts on hiring these two PI firms that have extensive FBI backgrounds. They suspect or know that this is drug related and with the recent huge FBI stings involving cartels in and around Caldwell county I’m going to bet this could be related.

I also hope that they have spoken to anyone he had the Venmo transactions with.
Great post. Thanks for taking the time. Good point about the involvement of those with FBI background.

I’m curious about how long the volunteer firefighter who first called in the wreck stayed on scene. It’s possible that Jason was very close by (possibly in hiding?) at that time, but it was a full hour between the time the accident was called in and a police officer arrived on scene. That’s a lot of time for Jason to find peril undetected. (Even longer if accident occurred just after oil worker drove through and Jason was immediately on the move).

I too wish Caldwell Co. Sheriff Dept. had made more public pleas for local camera footage right away as by now, much might be overwritten or deleted.

Last edited:
<snip>

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact any of the following investigators:

Detective Ferry with the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office, 512-398-6777 Ext. 4516 or by email: Jeff.Ferry@co.caldwell.tx.us

Investigator Abel Pena, with PM Investigations by phone: (210) 954-1476 or by email: pminvestigations9221@gmail.com
I’m curious how this works. Does the state employ them? https://www.pminvestigations.org/pminvestigationscom
20 years former FBI

Investigator Tuleta Copeland, with Leverage Investigations at Justice@LeverageInvestigations.com
20 years former FBI

My thoughts on hiring these two PI firms that have extensive FBI backgrounds. They suspect or know that this is drug related and with the recent huge FBI stings involving cartels in and around Caldwell county I’m going to bet this could be related.

So I tried seeing what experience the 2 ex-FBI agents had/have. I found this:
Tuleta Copeland - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tuletacopeland

I supervised the Border Corruption Task Force comprised of Special Agents and law enforcement personnel from the FBI, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. Investigations focused on law enforcement corruption, judicial corruption, local political corruption and legislative corruption. The Squad had numerous successes including being awarded the US Attorneys Award of Excellence for an investigation focusing on a major Drug Cartel involved in sophisticated Money Laundering.

Assigned to Violent Crimes and Major Offenders (VCMO) squad. Managed investigations into local and transnational gangs, organized crime, fugitive, kidnapping, bank robberies, major thefts, and other violent crimes. Built strategic alliances with other entities (e.g., CIA, DOD, ATF) that resulted in the disruption or dismantling of criminal or terrorist organizations in the U.S. or abroad.

Abel Pena (no Linked in page found but I don't have LinkedIn so maybe someone registered with them could find it)

From https://www.pminvestigations.org/

We have a staff of retired FBI and Federal Agents to offer cost-effective training and development programs for any size businesses.

(Me again - One in the bulleted list is Gang/Drug matters)

over 20 years of undercover work in a myriad of investigations. Proven leader with the ability to deliver results in high-pressure situations. Offers a unique combination of extensive training and experience within the Middle East, Central/South/Latin American countries and the Caribbean.

Me again - I'd be hiring someone with experience in whatever I needed help in. I'm thinking LE does that as well as opposed to hiring just any ex-FBI. Experience for whatever the suspected crime is is important. While the above could mean nothing, it also could mean they think this is drug related with the possibility of gang drug crimes. Maybe local LE already has a drug gang they've been investigating and something raised red flags that Jason's case could be related. Again, and maybe not. This is all pure speculation with what limited info we have.

I have a question about timing of drug effects.

Let’s say Jason was of sound mind as he reached the intersection of 80 and 83. He does a quick SnapChat to show a friend he’s about to light up a blunt. Then, either phone slipped between seat or he’s not using phone because he has one hand on the wheel and one hand holding the blunt.

He purposely or accidentally proceeds toward Salt Flat Rd.

If blunt was laced, how long would it take (approximately) to produce the effect of driving impairment and then shedding ones’ clothes, and accessories? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

Let’s say Jason was of sound mind as he reached the intersection of 80 and 83. He does a quick SnapChat to show a friend he’s about to light up a blunt. Then, either phone slipped between seat or he’s not using phone because he has one hand on the wheel and one hand holding the blunt.

If blunt was laced, how long would it take (approximately) to produce the effect of shedding ones’ clothes, and accessories? Does anyone know?
Very fast, when inhaled an immediate exchange of gases takes place within the little sacs of the lungs.. less than a minute, possibly two.
Oral ingestion takes up to 30 minutes to kick in depending upon existing stomach contents.
Sorry I misread your specific question, I addressed general effects of normal weed.
I know nothing about the effects of inhaling a hallucinogen, visible effects would be just as quick, others depending upon nature and type of hallucinogen.
People have referred to PCP but it could have been simple acid (LSD), that can be fast too.
Also depends upon specific effects of specific drug.. and whether the stripping was due to sudden increased body temperature or inspired by a specific hallucination... one being physiological the other psychic..
Would need to study the specific pharmodynamics of whichever drug they find, if they confirm one.
They are all vastly different.

Thank you Rosiebones! I cannot help but see that his latest picture is not as "clean cut" as the first. I am wondering if he was recently involved with some different friends who were getting him into some drug activity his parents were totally unaware of. I realize a lot of kids (and adults) use marijuana without getting into other drugs, but so many drugs lately have been laced with harder stuff, I am leaning towards this being what went down.

Do drug dealers lace your marijuana with something stronger to get you hooked? I think you are on the spot with what happened. They need to look again. He has to be close by.

In most cases, parents will give LE their favorite picture of the victim. And most of the time it doesn't accurately reflect what they look like daily. Think portrait type pics. He looks like my boys who are bankers and LE.

If blunt was laced, how long would it take (approximately) to produce the effect of shedding ones’ clothes, and accessories? Does anyone know?
I'm pretty sure the phone was lodged between the seats due to the crash and not before.

As for the time to experience effects, it depends on the substance. Marijuana can be laced with so many things!

Laced Weed | Marijuana Laced With LSD, Coke & Heroin

PCP taken orally takes 20-90 minutes but only 2-5 minutes if smoked.

PCP: Everything You’ve Been Afraid to Ask

They would know because they forensically examined every item and every aspect of the case which they have kindly shared.
There is no actual reason to create a different narrative after so many weeks of conspiracies.
#FindJason

I wasn’t trying to create a new narrative. I appreciate all the work they have done in this case.I was genuinely curious on how they would know that. I’m sorry if you thought I was doubting them, because I clearly said I didn’t doubt it… Just wondered how they could determine that.
I also wondered how they could tell. I'm always trying to learn.

BBM. Wow- that’s fast. That’s my current thinking/guess. He may have smoked laced weed at, or just before or after going through 80/83 intersection. He experienced severe effects very soon after that point. Crash..undressing...venturing to spot in which he currently remains hidden.

ETA: from one of your links:
“PCP added to marijuana can result in a number of potential deleterious effects, including significant issues with hallucinations, delusions, confusion, aggression, suicidal behavior, seizures, respiratory issues, and the potential to develop serious neurological conditions and/or to engage in risky behaviors.”

and
The club drug ketamine is reported in some sources to be laced with marijuana on occasion. Use of this drug results in a number of stimulant and dissociative effects that can be potentially dangerous for individuals who are not aware that they are ingesting the drug. Ketamine can also result in severe dehydration and overheating.”

Last edited:
What conspiracies? Does anyone know for a fact what happened?
LE have told us everything they know.
Their full statement addresses many of the conspiracies circulating and they put them to rest.
You will find several in past threads.
But the quickest way is to read their statement again...
there was only Jason in the vehicle
-he did not plan on meeting anybody, had not stopped for a major drug purchase, he did drive his own vehicle etc etc etc..
A lot of them arose from the erroneous fox headline stating his backpack was filled with narcotics, others were simpler suggesting he had never left his place of residence at all and that somebody else drove the vehicle and that it was a planned disappearance.

BBM. Wow- that’s fast. That’s my current thinking/guess. He may have smoked laced weed at, or just before or after going through 80/83 intersection. He experienced severe effects very soon after that point. Crash..undressing...venturing to spot in which he currently remains hidden.
We just don't know. He also could have ingested something leaving home and 30 minutes later he was at the intersection going out of his mind. Such a tragedy just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley