TX TX - Jason Landry Missing After Car Found Crashed Near Luling, Dec 2020 #7

Been thinking of Jason and his family

I recently performed another walkabout on google maps along E Austin St. in Luling. His car was found wrecked on Salt Flat Road at 12:30am. Jason travels on Hwy 80 into Luling. Hwy 80 becomes Austin

Jason stopped using his Waze app at the intersection with Hackberry Avenue at 11:31pm. His digital footprint ends.
"21:06 in the DEC 12, 2022 video below, Kent says of Jason toggling from Waze to his Snapchat app: "...so it put ways [sic] into the background. But he was at that intersection about 11:31.
21:14
And at that moment, from that time forward, his cell phone activity and his
21:20
digital footprint really ends
We discussed the possibility of Jason possibly stopping at the gas station, Citgo, that's on the corner even though it is located one block before Hackberry and it was closed.
Google map
Screenshot 2024-01-18 193106.png

I noticed The Light of the World church is located at that intersection at 125 E Austin Ave. Normally, not a big deal. However, JL was said to be searching for spiritual enlightenment.
La Luz Del Mundo en Luling Tx | Luling TX JAN 2, 2024 at 1:29am is an interesting post

This is what gets me every time I study this case. We really only know that Jason's car traveled from this intersection then his car ended up against a tree on SF Road. Was Jason with his car past the intersection or was the Salt Flat Rd scene staged to make it appear as if he was with his car by way of dropping the clothing and Jason's other items in the road?

DEC 12, 2022

Been thinking of Jason and his family

I recently performed another walkabout on google maps along E Austin St. in Luling. His car was found wrecked on Salt Flat Road at 12:30am. Jason travels on Hwy 80 into Luling. Hwy 80 becomes Austin

Jason stopped using his Waze app at the intersection with Hackberry Avenue at 11:31pm. His digital footprint ends.

We discussed the possibility of Jason possibly stopping at the gas station, Citgo, that's on the corner even though it is located one block before Hackberry and it was closed.
Google map
View attachment 475723

I noticed The Light of the World church is located at that intersection at 125 E Austin Ave. Normally, not a big deal. However, JL was said to be searching for spiritual enlightenment.
La Luz Del Mundo en Luling Tx | Luling TX JAN 2, 2024 at 1:29am is an interesting post

This is what gets me every time I study this case. We really only know that Jason's car traveled from this intersection then his car ended up against a tree on SF Road. Was Jason with his car past the intersection or was the Salt Flat Rd scene staged to make it appear as if he was with his car by way of dropping the clothing and Jason's other items in the road?

DEC 12, 2022
It's not a church, it's a cult.
IMO. Former coworker's wife turned on the leader to be released from prison.
Sorry to derail.

It's easy to believe something odd happened, but there are numerous instances across Websleuths where someone alone crashed their car and simply disappeared. My guess is there's still much about head injury and actions after those injuries we just don't understand.

It's not a church, it's a cult.
I just looked up "La Luz del Mundo in Luling, TX" and went to their FB page. And, who knew, there's a photo of the La Luz del Mundo building (presumably in Luling) that is exactly the same as one I've gone past numerous times in East Austin and wondered what the heck it was. So now I know.

The La Luz del Mundo global church is not a small operation. Interesting.

Another day of searching was performed by The Jason Landry Search Team today. Of course there's nothing the team can tell the public even if they made any type of discovery but I don't believe they turned up anything. I thank the volunteers who take their weekends and personal time and funds to continue to search for answers for the Landry Family.
Someone, Somewhere knows Something

By Robin Bradshaw, March 12, 2024
1710329024611.png
''Attending college at Texas State University, Landry was driving to Missouri City an area near Houston for Christmas break. The last day he was seen was on Dec. 13, 2020 the next day his car was found crashed and abounded on a rural highway out side of Luling.
Some of Landry’s items were found near his abounded vehicle, according to KVUE in Austin. Landry’s clothes and his backpack were left behind, as were his laptop, gaming equipment, and personal items such as toiletries. This evidence was available to the public in 2020, and since then, theories have circled around that maybe he vanished on purpose, while others believe he is a victim of prey.''

I have been silently following this case for years. I also went to Texas State and coinciidentllay my parents live in the greater Houston area. I have made that drive many times.

I feel like there HAS to be involvement by others in whatever happenned. This area is fairly remote and rural rangeland and pasture, but it's VERY hard to imagine that he could successfully hide his own body after having a mental health crisis.

Texas S & R and Texas Equasearch were not able to find him, and they are VERY good at what they do, so it seems likely to me that foul play is involved.

I have been silently following this case for years. I also went to Texas State and coinciidentllay my parents live in the greater Houston area. I have made that drive many times.

I feel like there HAS to be involvement by others in whatever happenned. This area is fairly remote and rural rangeland and pasture, but it's VERY hard to imagine that he could successfully hide his own body after having a mental health crisis.

Texas S & R and Texas Equasearch were not able to find him, and they are VERY good at what they do, so it seems likely to me that foul play is involved.
Anything is possible. I've stressed this repeatedly. I say this as i don't want to sound like I'm shutting down any theories. To solve this mystery, I feel we could use some real out of the box thinking.

However, the window in which someone would have to cause harm is so incredibly small, given his time of his last ping (around 11:30 pm or so) and when the VFF called into dispatch for Jason's abandoned vehicle.

There is also that not even his parents were aware that Jason would be heading home that specific night.

As well as his PS4 being left there. (Though, given the scene as we understand it, I doubt robbery would be a motive.)

Again, not impossible. But it's such a small window that I have a tough time believing in a foul play scenario.

Maura Murray has been missing for 20 years now. She was also 21, in college, in a single vehicle crash, and has not been found.

Anything is possible. I've stressed this repeatedly. I say this as i don't want to sound like I'm shutting down any theories. To solve this mystery, I feel we could use some real out of the box thinking.

However, the window in which someone would have to cause harm is so incredibly small, given his time of his last ping (around 11:30 pm or so) and when the VFF called into dispatch for Jason's abandoned vehicle.

There is also that not even his parents were aware that Jason would be heading home that specific night.

As well as his PS4 being left there. (Though, given the scene as we understand it, I doubt robbery would be a motive.)

Again, not impossible. But it's such a small window that I have a tough time believing in a foul play scenario.

Maura Murray has been missing for 20 years now. She was also 21, in college, in a single vehicle crash, and has not been found.
Agreed with all of that!! AND thannks for the dialouge.

One reason i chimed in, is because this route is the best and easiest way (driving wise and time wise) from San Marcos to his parents home. And, Luling is the last town, right before you get onto I-10. Once on I-10, it is an easy straightshot home. Some of the articles make it sound like this route is isoalted and a strange choice,but it really isn't...and with the area being as thoroughly searched as it has by drones, dogs, people and extremely talented search organizations, it makes me suspect the involvement of others. The same is true for Maura Murray, but a lof of folks (inlcuding her family) believe her disappearahce may be the result of an abduction, yet they cannot rule out that she didn't succumb to the elements the night this happenned. UGH!!!

I sure wish we could know if thorough searches of his phone and social media has been done, and if they found any ccommunications with people in the Luling area??

One reason i chimed in, is because this route is the best and easiest way (driving wise and time wise) from San Marcos to his parents home. And, Luling is the last town, right before you get onto I-10. Once on I-10, it is an easy straightshot home. Some of the articles make it sound like this route is isoalted and a strange choice,but it really isn't...
I'd also note that Texas in general has excellent highway infrastructure.

I just looked at Google maps and realized I'm quite familiar with the part of Luling where Hwy 80 from San Marcos intersects with Hwy 183 from Austin.
Coming from San Marcos from the west on Highway 80 (Austin St), if you go straight across at the light (instead of turning right onto 183), you can work you way through neighborhood streets and get back get on Hwy 183 without going through an intersection with a long-ish traffic light.

Luling has a LOT of train traffic right through the middle of town.
If you were on Highway 80 and saw that there was a long train going through with a long wait if you turned right, you'd go straight across at the light and into the neighborhood to work you way over to Hwy 183 and hopefully the train had passed through.

If you didn't know the way through the neighborhood, you'd get to intersection of sorts (not quite a T and not quite a Y) where Austin St. intersects Myrtle. You turn right here to work your way over to Hwy 183. If you stay left-ish (which seems the obvious way to go), Austin St turns into Spruce, which turns into Salt Flat Road. See the attached Googlemap image.

I've gone that "back way" through the neighborhood probably 20 or more times on the way to and from visiting family in SE Texas to avoid traffic lights.

I'd encourage y'all to get your GoogleMap fu going, locate Highway 80 coming in from San Marcos and find where it intersections Hwy 183. There's a little park there. Keep going on east on Austin Street three blocks to the Myrtle St/Austin St/Spruce intersection, then go to Satellite View and zoom in; see how easy it would be to assume (on a dark night, possibly disoriented) that continuing on to Spruce is the obvious way to go.

Now it's no mystery to me how he ended up on Salt Flat Road. Why he kept going on Salt Flat Rd is the mystery.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-29 8.15.18 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-29 8.15.18 AM.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
More and more, i wonder if Jason was really in control of the vehicle at this point. A crashed car in a rural location, driver missing, clothes and personal effect scattered at the scene. If the driver was a woman we would assume foul play.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back