TX - Jason Sanchez-Marks, 6, overdosed for life insurance money, Houston 27 Mar 2021 *mom arrested*

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2021-5-2_12-50-37.jpeg
Apr 8, 2021 — The murder of Jason Sanchez-Marks made headlines last week. Police arrested his mother, Ashley Marks, for capital murder.

The murder of Jason Sanchez-Marks made headlines last week. Police arrested his mother, Ashley Marks, for capital murder. Prosecutors accuse her of overdosing Jason to death on cocaine, meth, and NyQuil in order to cash in on $100,000 worth of life insurance money.
Father of murdered 6-year-old Jason Sanchez-Marks ... - ABC13

Apr 6, 2021 — New details revealed Jason Sanchez-Marks suffered days worth of projective vomiting, hallucinating and sleeplessness before his death.

Eyewitness News obtained a child fatality report from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, which stated both Jason Sanchez-Marks and his younger sister were in the care of their maternal grandfather from April 2020 until the boy's murder. The report said the siblings tested positive for tuberculosis and Marks came to the home to administer medication.

"The deceased child's 4-year old sibling refused to take the tuberculosis medication from her mother. The grandfather repeatedly contacted the mother over a two-day period notifying her that the 6-year old child was ill (projectile vomiting, hallucinating, unable to sleep), but neither the mother nor grandfather sought medical attention for the 6-year old as the child's condition worsened. The mother came over to the grandfather's residence twice and gave the 6-year old Nyquil. Later the grandfather called the mother and insisted that she come pick up the children because he was no longer able to care for them," read part of the report. "This prompted the mother to call law enforcement, requesting that they conduct a welfare check at the grandfather's house. When law enforcement arrived, they found the 6-year old upstairs, unresponsive."
Jason Sanchez-Marks case: 6-year-old suffered days worth ...
Jason Sanchez-Marks Obituary - Bellaire, TX - Dignity Memorial
Jun 27, 2020 — Jason Xavier Sanchez-Marks passed away unexpectedly on June 27th, 2020 at the age of 6. Jason was born in Houston, Texas on July 13th, ...

Date Court Post Jdgm Docket Type Reason/ Appearance Court Results/ Setting Type Defendant Future Date Comments Attorney Appearance Indicator
5/18/2021 09:30 AM 177 Master Docket
Disposition
Data Not Entered To Be Set

Disposition
Reset By Court Data Not Entered Present

4/13/2021 09:30 AM 177 Master Docket
Disposition
Reset By Court
Present SEALED SIGN Present

4/05/2021 09:00 AM 177 Assigned Court
Preliminary Assigned Court Appearance
Reset By Agreement Of Both Parties Data Not Entered 5/18/2021 Present

4/01/2021 01:00 PM PCD Motions Docket
Probable Cause Hearing
PC FOUND AND WARNINGS GIVEN
Data Unavailable To Be Set

Hearing:
Next/Last Setting Date 5/18/2021

link: Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

@imstilla.grandma - I noticed that the date in the title say June 27, 2021 - it hasn't happened yet... I believe you meant March 27??

View attachment 295451
Apr 8, 2021 — The murder of Jason Sanchez-Marks made headlines last week. Police arrested his mother, Ashley Marks, for capital murder.

The murder of Jason Sanchez-Marks made headlines last week. Police arrested his mother, Ashley Marks, for capital murder. Prosecutors accuse her of overdosing Jason to death on cocaine, meth, and NyQuil in order to cash in on $100,000 worth of life insurance money.
Father of murdered 6-year-old Jason Sanchez-Marks ... - ABC13

Apr 6, 2021 — New details revealed Jason Sanchez-Marks suffered days worth of projective vomiting, hallucinating and sleeplessness before his death.

Eyewitness News obtained a child fatality report from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, which stated both Jason Sanchez-Marks and his younger sister were in the care of their maternal grandfather from April 2020 until the boy's murder. The report said the siblings tested positive for tuberculosis and Marks came to the home to administer medication.

"The deceased child's 4-year old sibling refused to take the tuberculosis medication from her mother. The grandfather repeatedly contacted the mother over a two-day period notifying her that the 6-year old child was ill (projectile vomiting, hallucinating, unable to sleep), but neither the mother nor grandfather sought medical attention for the 6-year old as the child's condition worsened. The mother came over to the grandfather's residence twice and gave the 6-year old Nyquil. Later the grandfather called the mother and insisted that she come pick up the children because he was no longer able to care for them," read part of the report. "This prompted the mother to call law enforcement, requesting that they conduct a welfare check at the grandfather's house. When law enforcement arrived, they found the 6-year old upstairs, unresponsive."
Jason Sanchez-Marks case: 6-year-old suffered days worth ...
Jason Sanchez-Marks Obituary - Bellaire, TX - Dignity Memorial
Jun 27, 2020 — Jason Xavier Sanchez-Marks passed away unexpectedly on June 27th, 2020 at the age of 6. Jason was born in Houston, Texas on July 13th, ...
@imstilla.grandma The title of this thread has a date in the future.

Date Court Post Jdgm Docket Type Reason/ Appearance Court Results/ Setting Type Defendant Future Date Comments Attorney Appearance Indicator
Disposition

Disposition
Reset By Court Data Not Entered Present

4/13/2021 09:30 AM 177 Master Docket
Disposition
Reset By Court
Present SEALED SIGN Present

4/05/2021 09:00 AM 177 Assigned Court
Preliminary Assigned Court Appearance
Reset By Agreement Of Both Parties Data Not Entered 5/18/2021 Present

4/01/2021 01:00 PM PCD Motions Docket
Probable Cause Hearing
PC FOUND AND WARNINGS GIVEN
Data Unavailable To Be Set

Hearing:
Next/Last Setting Date 5/18/2021

link: Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

@imstilla.grandma - I noticed that the date in the title say June 27, 2021 - it hasn't happened yet... I believe you meant March 27??
I sure did. I was thinking of his face and his birthdate. Can y’all believe this? This is nuts! I’m just cringing inside. How despicable. Utterly disgusting! I’ll alert on my post. Thanks a bunch ladies.

This has to be the saddest story so far. When you think humanity cannot go lower, someone manages to do it.

The insurance company also deserve some blame, $100,000 on a six years old! Oh yes, but she was the agent..
Parenting, Baby Names, Celebrities, and Royal News | CafeMom.com
Some countries do not allow insurance on children's deaths. You can just buy endowment policies that mature on the child coming of age. If the child dies in the meantime, you just get back the money you have paid in, less admin costs.

God Bless the four year old sister not taking any meds from them.

Wondering who diagnosed the TB? Sorry if that was mentioned. If they presented symptoms they'd have been subscribed three antibiotics. Ethambutol, rifampin, and isoniazid. It can take months for people to recover.

WT* with the Nyquil? You polluted a little child with meth? Yeah he is not going to sleep. This is unreal!

Tuesday, May 18th:
*Disposition Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) – TX - Jason Xavier Sanchez-Marks (6) (overdose for $100K life insurance on March 27, 2021, Houston) - *Ashley Marks (24/now 26) arrested & charged (4/1/21) with capital murder (under 10 years).
Prosecutors accuse her of overdosing Jason to death on cocaine, meth & NyQuil in order to cash in on $100K worth of life insurance money. Details revealed Jason suffered days’ worth of projective vomiting, hallucinating & sleeplessness before his death.
4/1/21 Update: Probable cause hearing. Probable cause found & warnings given. 4/5/21 Preliminary hearing was reset by agreement of both parties. 4/13/21: Disposition. Sealed. Reset to 5/18/21 @ 9:30am.

This might be the most brutal thing I’ve read in a long time. I work with kids and it ruins me to think of my kindest suffering from meth psychosis. Oh god.

Why did grandpa need mom to give them medicine?

Just how exactly does one give a child meth and coke though? You smoke meth, you snort cocaine. Did she give the powder to him orally with a spoon? Did she blow the smoke in his face?

Tried again...

Docket
7/07/2021 09:30 AM 177 Master Docket
Disposition

Disposition
Reset By Agreement Of Both Parties Present 7/7/2021 Present

This might be the most brutal thing I’ve read in a long time. I work with kids and it ruins me to think of my kindest suffering from meth psychosis. Oh god.

Why did grandpa need mom to give them medicine?

Just how exactly does one give a child meth and coke though? You smoke meth, you snort cocaine. Did she give the powder to him orally with a spoon? Did she blow the smoke in his face?

After rereading a bunch she definitely wanted that little boy to die on Pop's watch. I thought they were there due to the TB, but that was detected after being at Pop's. So did they go to a Doctor? Did she diagnose it?

With the meth he couldn't smoke it. Doubt he could be forced to snort it. Injecting him would be too risky. So, I'd bet it was the "trucker coffee" thing. Mom's put it in their morning tea or pep drink. Take the kids to school. Go to work at a required high energy job. It takes longer to hit the brain is all.

This person may have even put it in gelatin caps or mixed it with all those antihistamines plus DXM from cough stuff. Calculating wench. I wonder if she had a policy out on the little girl?

Way to set your own dad up too.

Wednesday, July 7th:
*Disposition Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) – TX - Jason Xavier Sanchez-Marks (6) (overdose for $100K life insurance on March 27, 2021, Houston) - *Ashley Marks (24/now 26) arrested & charged (4/1/21) with capital murder (under 10 years).
Prosecutors accuse her of overdosing Jason to death on cocaine, meth & NyQuil in order to cash in on $100K worth of life insurance money. Details revealed Jason suffered days’ worth of projective vomiting, hallucinating & sleeplessness before his death.
4/1/21 Update: Probable cause hearing. Probable cause found & warnings given. 4/5/21 Preliminary hearing was reset by agreement of both parties. 4/13/21: Disposition. Sealed. Reset to 5/18/21 @ 9:30am. 5/18/21 Update: Next Disposition hearing on 7/7/21.

8/10/2021 09:30 AM 177 Master Docket
Disposition

7/07/2021 09:30 AM 177 Master Docket
Disposition
Reset By Agreement Of Both Parties N/A Present 8/10/2021 Present

Next/Last Setting Date 8/10/2021

This is a horrible story. Children’s life insurance policies shouldn’t pay out more than funeral expenses (many employer based plans cap out at 10k). How does a mother even become that depraved.

I feel bad for her father. Obviously he should have insisted the children receive medical care. But I’m sure he couldn’t fathom there was anything nefarious happening.

Father of murdered 6-year-old said ex-wife kept his son away from him

“Sanchez said in early 2020 he tested positive for tuberculosis. He spent two weeks in the hospital, violently ill, including spitting up blood. Sanchez said the diagnosis led to home isolation orders from the City of Houston Health Department.”

Sanchez said in addition to the order, his ex-wife lied to him about their children's whereabouts and actively prevented him from seeing the kids. Sanchez said Marks would claim she was sick, out of town, or the children were at a friend's place.

"I had all these text messages. Where's Jason?" said Sanchez. "I tried to contact her many, many, many times."

“Sanchez said eventually he saw his son and daughter at Marks' father's house the Thursday before Jason's murder. He said Jason appeared happy and healthy. He said after that day he lost all contact with the ex-wife and grandfather until his son's death.

Sanchez said neither Marks nor her father ever told him Jason started to fall ill.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back