TX TX - Jennifer Barton, 20, Austin, 16 May 1976

She went to the movies with a friend. They were last seen in the area of 11th Street and Waller talking to an unknown man. Barton was wearing a burgundy bodysuit, jeans, and sandals. She was possibly on the way to California.

Her case is one of many listed on the Black and Missing Foundation website, a nonprofit whose mission is to bring awareness to missing people of color and to provide resources to their communities.

"There are these stereotypes that are associated with people of color when they go missing. What we want everyone to see is that these are valuable members of our community. Race, gender and zip code should not be a barrier to law enforcement resources and media coverage," co-founder Derrica Wilson said.

Jennifer-Joyce-Barton.jpg

Wilson says she started the foundation 15 years ago after she felt the case of Tamika Houston in South Carolina didn't get as much attention.

"When we started the organization in 2008, 30% of missing persons in the United States were persons of color, mainly Black men. Now we're dealing with 40% of missing people in the country are persons of color," Wilson said.

I'm curious to know who the unidentified man was... I mean, I imagine they didn't have him on tape, so who gave that detail? Weren't they identified simply because the person who witnessed it had never seen it before?
In any case, I tend to think that maybe the murder of his friend and the robbery are related. It's too bad that it happened "randomly" to someone. Things are not usually as random as we sometimes think...
I would like to know who exactly saw her talking to this man. Was it the friend he went to the movies with? Is it possible that the friend has some valuable information? Also, who reported him missing? ..
I hope that if she is still alive at 60, she has changed her life. From what little I can gather, her only real source of income was prostitution. I don't know if she was ever involved with drugs or not...
Unfortunately this case is one of the many that we will never know what happened... at least she did not leave small children...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev