TX TX - Jennifer Wilkerson, 26, Lubbock, 13 July 2004

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by WasBlind, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Kelly

Kelly Founder, Project Jason

Volunteers Say They're Ready To Search City Landfill

Posted: 6/8/06

A search of the Lubbock City Landfill would take a lot of time, and a lot of man power. It would also be an expensive process. Volunteer members of United Response Search and Rescue out of Dallas say they are ready to help. The group has done a lot of research into how a landfill search would work. Director and Co-Founder Dana Ames says she doesn't know if local law enforcement will for sure search the Lubbock landfill, but she says volunteers are ready.

"A landfill search is a very difficult, tedious, time consuming, expensive process. It's one that you don't enter into lightly. It is extremely dangerous for all individuals who would participate in that," said Ames. Ames says searchers would need to wear protective garments that can cost a lot of money. The search group is looking into possible fund raisers, or people who could donate that gear.

While the search centers around Joanna Rogers, Ames says their search group always looks for Jennifer Wilkerson as well. The Lubbock woman disappeared on July 13th of 2004. Ames says when ever they are on a search, or receive a tip, the group treats that information as if it could be used to find both missing girls. Ames says the Wilkerson family's hearts goes out to the Rogers family. "They have mixed emotions as well. Their hearts are absolutely broken for the Rogers. In a way they feel a sense of resolve as well for them, but then that also comes back and instills that further fear that they face every day knowing this could be the same fate for their child," said Ames.

If you have any information on either of these cases that would be helpful to police, call Crime Line at (806) 741-1000.

It's been almost a year since investigators searched the city landfill following the discovery of Summer Baldwin's body. John Cobb at the Lubbock City Landfill tells NewsChannel 11 that after Baldwin was discovered, crews decided to stop dumping in that area. Cobb says it wasn't a legal request; he says they did it because they thought they should.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=5007786&nav=3w6y

2. aussiegran

aussiegran New Member

Bumping for Jennifer

3. *02

*02 Former Member

bumping for jennifer

4. Bilas

Bilas New Member

Does anyone have any information about the Skeletal remains found in Kent County?

Praying for Jennifer and her family!

5. *02

*02 Former Member

Bones found in Kent County near Jayton, nearly three weeks ago have now been identified.

The bones belong to a missing woman out of Abilene named Sheryl Kay Griffith. Griffith was 31 years old at the time of her disappearance in March of 2002.

Kent County investigators are still trying to determine how Griffith ended up in a well next to an abandoned home near Jayton. A sheriff's deputy found her skeletal remains on Friday, January 13th, after receiving a tip.

Source: North American Missing Person Network
    http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=7779

6. Patience

Patience Former Member

Txsvicki, I found your post and I wonder if you can tell me about this job fair, where can we find a list of the companies that were at that job fair? There must be some record.

7. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I'm bumping this up since it's almost been five years since Jennifer's disappearance. I'm wondering about the earlier tip and search in Hockley county a few years back. There was just a massive drug arrest the other day involving the Banditos and two Hockley county sheriff's deputies. Over twenty scumbags arrested. Jennifer waited on me many times when I used to go to purchase soft drinks at her workplace and I've not forgotten her. I heard through the grapevine that she dated a biker and wonder if any of these people had anything to do with it since there was a tip. Not saying that she or her boyfriend was involved in drugs though. I'm hoping someone will tell if they know.

Tbranch16 likes this.
  8. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/050910/loc_636782424.shtml

Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
    Sunday, May 09, 2010
    Story last updated at 5/9/2010 - 12:30 am

9. fuego

fuego New Member

The remains found in May weren't Jennifer's, but belonged to Peggy Merimon: http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=12472296

Today marks six years that Jennifer's been missing. I imagine it feels like an eternity to her family. May they get some answers about what's happened to their daughter soon.

10. fhc

fhc New Member

11. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

12. KateB

KateB New Member

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-...-causes-anguish-wilkerson-family#.UU_BclHpzsY

Unidentified body in Scurry County causes anguish for Wilkerson family
    Investigators still searching for answers
    Posted: March 20, 2013 - 9:09pm | Updated: March 21, 2013 - 12:54am

Scurry County is also near where Hailey Dunn went missing and there is much discussion on this possibly being her, as well, here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202249

13. JenWilkersonseeker

JenWilkersonseeker New Member

14. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

Bumping for Jennifer.

15. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

17. KateB

KateB New Member

Friends, family of Jennifer Wilkerson to commemorate 10-year anniversary of disappearance
    Lubbock County sherrif's officials say case is active but cold

Posted: July 11, 2014 - 8:59pm | Updated: July 12, 2014 - 12:27am
    13526754.jpg
    More at link: http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-...fer-wilkerson-commemorate-10-year-anniversary

18. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

19. Jbrown324320

Jbrown324320 Well-Known Member

bump for Jennifer.

20. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Cold Case Spotlight

'I Want My Best Friend Back': Friend Pushes for Answers in Jennifer Wilkerson's Disappearance