TX TX - Jennifer Wilkerson, 26, Lubbock, 13 July 2004

Volunteers Say They're Ready To Search City Landfill

Posted: 6/8/06

A search of the Lubbock City Landfill would take a lot of time, and a lot of man power. It would also be an expensive process. Volunteer members of United Response Search and Rescue out of Dallas say they are ready to help. The group has done a lot of research into how a landfill search would work. Director and Co-Founder Dana Ames says she doesn't know if local law enforcement will for sure search the Lubbock landfill, but she says volunteers are ready.

"A landfill search is a very difficult, tedious, time consuming, expensive process. It's one that you don't enter into lightly. It is extremely dangerous for all individuals who would participate in that," said Ames. Ames says searchers would need to wear protective garments that can cost a lot of money. The search group is looking into possible fund raisers, or people who could donate that gear.

While the search centers around Joanna Rogers, Ames says their search group always looks for Jennifer Wilkerson as well. The Lubbock woman disappeared on July 13th of 2004. Ames says when ever they are on a search, or receive a tip, the group treats that information as if it could be used to find both missing girls. Ames says the Wilkerson family's hearts goes out to the Rogers family. "They have mixed emotions as well. Their hearts are absolutely broken for the Rogers. In a way they feel a sense of resolve as well for them, but then that also comes back and instills that further fear that they face every day knowing this could be the same fate for their child," said Ames.

If you have any information on either of these cases that would be helpful to police, call Crime Line at (806) 741-1000.

It's been almost a year since investigators searched the city landfill following the discovery of Summer Baldwin's body. John Cobb at the Lubbock City Landfill tells NewsChannel 11 that after Baldwin was discovered, crews decided to stop dumping in that area. Cobb says it wasn't a legal request; he says they did it because they thought they should.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=5007786&nav=3w6y

Does anyone have any information about the Skeletal remains found in Kent County?

Praying for Jennifer and her family!

Bones found in Kent County near Jayton, nearly three weeks ago have now been identified.

The bones belong to a missing woman out of Abilene named Sheryl Kay Griffith. Griffith was 31 years old at the time of her disappearance in March of 2002.

Kent County investigators are still trying to determine how Griffith ended up in a well next to an abandoned home near Jayton. A sheriff's deputy found her skeletal remains on Friday, January 13th, after receiving a tip.

Source: North American Missing Person Network
http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=7779

Authorities are not saying that Jennifer's disappearance is in any way related to the 16 year old Joanna Rogers, but there are a few odd circumstances surrounding 3 or 4 different people. There have been 3 very young prostitutes murdered and left on country roads around Lubbock in the last 5 years. The latest one was in April 2004. She was interviewed by KCBD the year before her death and talked about prostitution. Jennifer works at a tobacco shop and was interveiwed about 3 months ago by KCBD about the sin tax. Joanna Rogers was interviewed a few years back about her school by some tv station, not sure which one. Finally, back in May, a woman met a man at a jobfair and he told her that he was a storm chaser and employed by KCBD. She accepted a dinner date and may have been drugged. She was taken to some residence, raped, and beaten. The man did not work for KCBD and no employees were identified by the woman. I have heard all this from fellow Lubbock posters at a different forum. The authorities have not discussed this as far as I know.

Txsvicki, I found your post and I wonder if you can tell me about this job fair, where can we find a list of the companies that were at that job fair? There must be some record.

I'm bumping this up since it's almost been five years since Jennifer's disappearance. I'm wondering about the earlier tip and search in Hockley county a few years back. There was just a massive drug arrest the other day involving the Banditos and two Hockley county sheriff's deputies. Over twenty scumbags arrested. Jennifer waited on me many times when I used to go to purchase soft drinks at her workplace and I've not forgotten her. I heard through the grapevine that she dated a biker and wonder if any of these people had anything to do with it since there was a tip. Not saying that she or her boyfriend was involved in drugs though. I'm hoping someone will tell if they know.

The remains found in May weren't Jennifer's, but belonged to Peggy Merimon: http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=12472296

Today marks six years that Jennifer's been missing. I imagine it feels like an eternity to her family. May they get some answers about what's happened to their daughter soon.

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-...-causes-anguish-wilkerson-family#.UU_BclHpzsY

Unidentified body in Scurry County causes anguish for Wilkerson family
Investigators still searching for answers
Posted: March 20, 2013 - 9:09pm | Updated: March 21, 2013 - 12:54am

Vikki and Jack Wilkerson of Hobbs, N.M., have been waiting for answers in their daughter’s disappearance for nearly nine years. Families like the Wilkersons find themselves dealing with increased anxiety every time the media reports a body found.

Scurry County is also near where Hailey Dunn went missing and there is much discussion on this possibly being her, as well, here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202249

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilkerson_jennifer.html

jennifer1.jpeg

Friends, family of Jennifer Wilkerson to commemorate 10-year anniversary of disappearance
Lubbock County sherrif's officials say case is active but cold

Posted: July 11, 2014 - 8:59pm | Updated: July 12, 2014 - 12:27am
13526754.jpg
To Vikki Wilkerson, Jennifer’s friendly, loving nature is what defines her daughter.
She said Sunday’s ceremony is a testament to the kind of person her daughter was. She hopes the event will attract more than the 25 people they expect.
“I knew people loved her. ... I think she’s just wonderful,” she said. “It really has been very nice to know that so many people truly, truly loved her and how she touched so many people’s lives. And I hope wherever she is, I hope she knows that. How much she has meant to so many people.”
More at link: http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-...fer-wilkerson-commemorate-10-year-anniversary

Cold Case Spotlight

'I Want My Best Friend Back': Friend Pushes for Answers in Jennifer Wilkerson's Disappearance

"There was just something that drew me to her," recalls Kelly. "We became close again when we became teens and got into all types of trouble. We drove around town in this car that sounded like a lawnmower. She was what a best friend should be."

Friday marked Jennifer's 39th birthday. All the years of missed memories weigh heavily on Kelly.

"She's missed so much and we've missed so much of her life," Kelly told Dateline. "It eats you up inside."

Authorities questioned Jennifer's boyfriend at the time, an obvious first potential suspect as he was the last one to see her before she vanished. Family members said he passed two polygraph tests. He's since moved out of the country, according to Kelly.

A number of other people were questioned, but Jennifer's wide array of friends and social groups made piecing her movements together in the prior days difficult. According to Kelly, Jennifer's trusting and independent nature may be one reason unlocking the mystery of her case hasn't happened.

"She had so many friends. I believe someone she knows had something to do with her going missing," Kelly told Dateline. "That's the scary thing to think about. What if I know them? What if they know me? Jennifer wouldn't have just gone with someone she didn't know, but because she knew so many people, who is this person?"

The years have been extremely rough on Jennifer's family, according to Kelly. She told Dateline the family, "has had their hopes raised so many times, then shattered.

It was with their blessing that she reached out to, and spoke with, Dateline about the story.

Talking about Jennifer is like ripping off a worn bandage, Kelly said. Each time, it gets more and more difficult to get the adhesive to stick back on. But for Jennifer's loved ones, the pain is worth the possibility of answers for her best friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back