TX - Jesus Mora Flores, 47, caught molesting child, beaten to death, 2012

This father should...

• Total voters
Snipped for space and to leave the portion I am replying too.

If I had walked in on this, then the main problem I have with letting LE take care of it is that our justice system is terribly flawed.
*LE will arrest, but will the judge set a low bail and then the perp is on the streets until trial?
*How long until the trial? We say justice is speedy, but rarely is it speedy.
*In the meantime, waiting for trial, the child would hopefully be receiving counseling, BUT then when the trial starts (usually several years later) the child has to relive it all and testify on the stand, while facing the monster who hurt the child.
*Then jury or judge would need to have enough sense to convict. Sadly this is often lacking.
*Finally sentcing would need to be appropriate, how often do we see offenders get a slap on the wrist and a RSO label? Too often IMO.

Above are some reasons why I think what dad did was 100% justified and why I would have done the same. Though I am sure Dad did not stop and think these through on that tragic day.

(Btw Athy, I am so so sorry this happened to your child and I am in no way critizing your handling of your own personal experience with a monster)

the guy that did that to my daughter got 14 months in jail. he was out in less time than that. he lived at home which was across the street from my youngest daughter's school. believe me i went in and told them all about him :). that was before sex offenders list. out of curiosity a few years ago i looked him up online. i found out he had been arrested AGAIN a little over 4 years later for molesting yet ANOTHER child!!!

A father beat to death with his hands a man who he said tried to molest his 4-year-old daughter after the little girl was heard screaming at the family's rural Texas ranch, authorities said.
"In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died," Harmon said.
link

The father found both his daughter and the 47-year-old man partially naked, investigators said.
link

the guy that did that to my daughter got 14 months in jail. he was out in less time than that. he lived at home which was across the street from my youngest daughter's school. believe me i went in and told them all about him :). that was before sex offenders list. out of curiosity a few years ago i looked him up online. i found out he had been arrested AGAIN a little over 4 years later for molesting yet ANOTHER child!!!

BBM

That's not surprising. When is the law going to realize that child molesters are very rarely reformed, and that sentences need to be greatly increased. JMO

be given a medal.
These preditors just get a slap on the hand when their caught and then free to continue to rape and abuse children.
Look at Sanduski. No one stepped in to stop that @#$%&#@ from harming children and today we see how the children (now men) are being treated as the criminal. Make's me sick to my stomach.

I never assume things are as they are reported.
My first question was WHAT was this guy doing. HOW did the father know for sure he was molesting the child?
I was worried about a misunderstanding, jumping to conclusions. If they were both half naked, then obviously the situation was clear.

I also considered a set up of some kind. However, it doesn't sound like there was a lot of time involved here.

It sounds like the father was with other people, while the brother and sister went to feed chickens.
Then the brother came and told him the sister had been taken.
Then the sister started screaming.
Then quite quickly after that he found them and beat the man.

Now, we do have situations where a parent reports that a child has been raped and actually did it themselves.
Just like the parents who kill their child and then report them "missing."
We've had guys who claimed he killed the man he caught raping and killing his wife...
Yet the guy didn't rape anyone and the husband lured him there, killed them both and set up the innocent guy.

I don't think there is time in this case, with the father unaccounted for and I think there are too many other witnesses.
The brother saw her "taken."
If she really was screaming then people heard that.
I doubt the father was alone with the guy for very long before other witnesses appeared.

I think this is a horrific case... and I can understand the father being upset he killed a man. He just wanted him to stop.
One well placed punch can kill someone. So I don't think he intended to beat the man to death.

Hopefully once the evidence is back it will support the father's story and everyone can move on with their lives.

BBM

That's not surprising. When is the law going to realize that child molesters are very rarely reformed, and that sentences need to be greatly increased. JMO

When are they going to realize the only pedophile that is NOT a threat to
Children is a dead pedophile?? The damage they inflict on their victims is LIFE LONG! Like a rabid animal they need to be put down for the good of society. Then they can face the punishment they deserve when they meet the Maker!

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the father, whose name has not been released, will probably not be arrested for Saturday's killing and that no evidence so far has led investigators to doubt his story.
link

Can you imagine the adrenaline in dad, hearing his daughter's been taken, hearing her scream, running to find her, seeing her half naked with a half naked man? Every article says he only hit him a few times, with his hands, and above article said it was during the time struggling to save her. Father did everything right. He deserves not one inconvenience, charge, day in court. They'll already be spending their time in counseling. Prayers for their recovery. And, as the investigation progresses, I hope LE really look into whether the 47yo perp victimized anyone else.

"He did not use a weapon," she said.

Lavaca County Dist. Atty. Heather McMinn told the Los Angeles Times that the investigation was pending and that the case was due to be turned over to her office by Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

“Upon the completion of the investigation, the case will be presented to my office and a Lavaca County grand jury,” McMinn said.

On Tuesday, an autopsy was completed on the victim by the Travis County Medical Examiner, and preliminary results were turned over to Lavaca County's justice of peace, said Sarah Scott, the medical examimer's chief administrative officer.
link

Lavaca County Precinct Judge Alene Lyons, who is coordinating information in the case including autopsy results, said Monday

that a preliminary autopsy report indicated the victim "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries."

"It will take six weeks to get the full report back because they also did a toxicology report," Lyons said.
link

I don't consider the dead molester a VICTIM at all.

The only victims IMO are the four year old and all who love her.

I would hope my husband would have done the same thing if he ever caught someone hurting my DD.

JMO

Exactly. He is scum.

I will or would kill someone harming my child.

My son is 25 now and I still stand by those words.

Natural instinct, IMO

Glad this man and his daughter and family did not have to bare the pain of a trial and having to face this beast again.

A Texas prosecutor said the case of a rancher who beat to death a man he caught allegedly molesting his daughter will go to a grand jury to decide whether the killing was justified, or an act of excessive force.

The grand jury will ultimately decide what charges -- if any -- the girl’s father will face, McMinn said.

Harmon, who could not be reached for comment Tuesday, said earlier that no evidence has led investigators to doubt the father’s account, he said.

“There doesn’t appear to be any reason other than what he told us,” Harmon said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/1...case-to-grand-jury-after-probe/#ixzz1xbwxvSRE

For peace of mind, exactly what evidence do we have that the father is telling the truth?

I agree that if he is telling the truth that the incident should be considered justifiable homicide.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jun/12/sl_beating_death_folo_061312_179240/?counties

The Texas Penal Code in Section 9, Justification Excluding Criminal Responsibility, addresses the use of force to protect a third person.

That part of the code states, in part, that "a person is justified in using deadly force against another to prevent the imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery or aggravated robbery."

For peace of mind, exactly what evidence do we have that the father is telling the truth?

I agree that if he is telling the truth that the incident should be considered justifiable homicide.

Well, the girl and her brother were feeding chickens when the perp/perv grabbed her and the little boy ran back to tell his family a man took his sister. Family HEARD the little girl scream. Dad found perp/perv with his daughter, both partially unclothed. Also the girl was examined at a local hospital. I imagine if there was ANY doubt whatsoever about the story that the police would not report they had "no reason to doubt" the father's account.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jun/12/sl_beating_death_folo_061312_179240/?counties

The Texas Penal Code in Section 9, Justification Excluding Criminal Responsibility, addresses the use of force to protect a third person.

That part of the code states, in part, that "a person is justified in using deadly force against another to prevent the imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery or aggravated robbery."

Based on this I don't think this father has anything to worry about. I don't see how grand jury is going to indict him.

Better than paying for this creeper to sit in jail if even that, then get out and do it all over again.
If I ever walked in on someone harming my child there is no doubt in my mind what I would do.

As a father, I would have done the exact same thing. As a mother, I would've tried, or if there was one nearby, maybe grabbed the nearest baseball bat, pitchfork, or anything else at hand that was big enough to knock the holy hell out of the creep. Thank God for father's who protect their children. Not enough of them these days, imo.

You guys are assuming of course that the victim actually WAS molesting this guy's daughter, and he isn't just saying this to justify the killing.

Assumptions aside, just curious Tugela, if this was your baby girl and you walked in on her being molested, what would you do? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back