TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
thingy?????

I don't know if it means anything but it does sound off, doesn't it? Like a little get together, a "thingy".:waitasec: It's a much bigger deal than a thingy. Maybe just a poor choice of word.

Gosh, Mom's comment was interesting and it's maybe more interesting all the comments are gone. Maybe someone told her that didn't look very good. Only guessing...

She's young, it may be nothing more than that, and that she just couldn't think of the word vigil at the time.

Yeah, I was over on her FB earlier and people were making racial remarks and they were fighting.

I just went and looked and poof....

She's young, it may be nothing more than that, and that she just couldn't think of the word vigil at the time.

I agree, I find nothing hinky about Mom

Search nears a week; still no sign of Joshua

Published: 03:56 p.m., Thursday, February 10, 2011

‘We had some other dogs, from another state prison, come in and hit certain locations,” said Lt. Michael Penshorn of the New Braunfels Police Department. “And we're following up on tips that we've received. We're still doing interviews and talking to people.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/default...l-no-sign-of-Joshua-1007728.php#ixzz1DbAeKzaa

bbm

"Hit certain locations".... So does that mean the dogs got a hit, or they had the dogs check out certain locations? :waitasec:

Yeah, I was over on her FB earlier and people were making racial remarks and they were fighting.

I just went and looked and poof....

She prob didn't even realize EVERYONE could read her FB, and changed all of the settings. She doesn't need to worry about people reading it at a time like this.

Also, if it was me in this situation, I would prob be on FB while waiting for updates from LE. I have tons of family and friends far away from me, and that is how we communicate.

:banghead:

I wouldn't even be on FB...

I agree. I guess I'm an old fogey but it seems so wrong, and actually, disrespectful to be on Facebook at this time, especially if she can't even say "prayer vigil". With all the technological toys that kids use to communicate with these days, I guess it's accepted, but I can't help it, it doesn't seem like the place where a distraught parent would be.

She prob didn't even realize EVERYONE could read her FB, and changed all of the settings. She doesn't need to worry about people reading it at a time like this.

Also, if it was me in this situation, I would prob be on FB while waiting for updates from LE. I have tons of family and friends far away from me, and that is how we communicate.

I totally agree, when we travel cross country visiting daughter in Pa. I use FB so I don't have to make repeated calls to all family telling them we are fine...They worry lol But my fb is private.

New Braunfels police say there are leads to follow--so much so, they've got other agencies involved -- the Texas Rangers, for one.

More FBI agents arrived in New Braunfels Wednesday, part of the Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team.

The FBI says the team can help local police with the possibility of abductions that cross state lines or international lines.

http://www.kens5.com/news/More-FBI-...-Braunfels-police-find-toddler-115732444.html

:rant:

I'm disappointed that this article, IMO, continues to perpetuate the 'myth' that the FBI's CARD team focuses on abductions across state lines/international...Their web page shows "CARD Teams are primarily involved in non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children. They work with state and local law enforcement to protect and save the lives of innocent children."

Granted they have the expertise & federal authority, but I think people need to be educated.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac/card

OK - all done w/ that now. :twocents:

I agree. I guess I'm an old fogey but it seems so wrong, and actually, disrespectful to be on Facebook at this time, especially if she can't even say "prayer vigil". With all the technological toys that kids use to communicate with these days, I guess it's accepted, but I can't help it, it doesn't seem like the place where a distraught parent would be.

Hey! Don't give up! My 86 year old dad figured it out and now he knows how to upload pics.....(I gave him my old computer) I have family all over Texas and we talk everyday on fb.....my son lives in the Philippines and I talk to him, also my daughter in PA.

I have to cross reference over here to Michelle Dubois, an adult, who went missing on Monday and was found today (Thursday) .3 miles from her home. I am not saying that there may not be criminal aspects to this case, but the reality is there are loads and loads of cases where adults are found within a couple hundred feet (young woman in Colorado found just a few hundred feet from where she got out of car, woman in Illinois after accident less than 1/2 mile just to name a few on here) and found days, weeks, even months later. Bring in the fact that this is a child..... it is still completely plausible that he is out there.

I have to cross reference over here to Michelle Dubois, an adult, who went missing on Monday and was found today (Thursday) .3 miles from her home. I am not saying that there may not be criminal aspects to this case, but the reality is there are loads and loads of cases where adults are found within a couple hundred feet (young woman in Colorado found just a few hundred feet from where she got out of car, woman in Illinois after accident less than 1/2 mile just to name a few on here) and found days, weeks, even months later. Bring in the fact that this is a child..... it is still completely plausible that he is out there.

Thank you. I have been following that one too.....so so sad. I pray the DH wasn't involved.

sarx, you may find this snip interesting ((new))

Police, without any solid leads, spent Thursday as they've spent the past several days — going over what they've already done.
‘We had some other dogs, from another state prison, come in and hit certain locations,” said Lt. Michael Penshorn of the New Braunfels Police Department. “And we're following up on tips that we've received. We're still doing interviews and talking to people.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/default...l-no-sign-of-Joshua-1007728.php#ixzz1DbJd616w

where are these "certain locations" they are hitting at????

they seem to be fast and furious behind closed doors... I hope they are figuring this out...

dogs hitting... other dogs brought in... and continuing to talk to people..

this does NOT sound like a toddler wandered off scenario to me folks.. or at least they are covering all bases...

I am sorry, does anybody have the actual address of the home ? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members