GUILTY TX - Josue Flores, 11, stabbed to death, Houston, 17 May 2016 *re-arrest*

MAY 4, 2022
Josue Flores murder: Judge sentences Andre Jackson to life in prison for stabbing 11-year-old boy to death in 2016 - ABC13 Houston
[...]

Before learning his sentence, Jackson, who was convicted just the day before, remained defiant of the guilty verdict from a jury of his peers.

"I worked very hard in my life. I will always have self-respect and defend my character," Jackson read from a lengthy, prepared statement.

In his presentation, he insisted that prison "is not where I belong," and that his DNA was not on the clothing worn on that day.

He then talked about Josue and the doubt of whether he was indeed the killer.

"I can't say much to Josue and his family. At this point, they have a guilty verdict. I'm not sure if they believe they have the right guy," Jackson said before invoking race. "This is about Black men in America."

[...]

The state's last witness was Josue's best friend, Angel Nario, who was likely the last person to see him alive. He recalled leaving school with Josue the day he was killed, later parting ways with a handshake and a hug.

"To this day, I have not had a best friend like Josue," Nario said, adding that both he and Josue should be graduating high school together this month.

[...]

MAY 11, 2022
Attorneys for Andre Jackson, the man convicted of murdering Josue Flores, 11, as he walked home from school, have now filed an appeal on behalf of the convicted killer.

One thing the court of appeals will likely consider is should Andre Jackson’s police interrogation video have been shown to the jury? It’s something the defense objected to, but FOX 26 obtained a copy.

This interrogation video is from June 3, 2016, and shows a Houston Police Department sergeant questioning Andre Jackson two weeks after 11-year-old Josue Flores was murdered.

[...]

"The appellate court doesn’t retry the case. They’re just going to really grade the papers of the sitting judge, the evidence that came in, whether it was admissible or not," says Houston Defense Attorney Casey Garrett and FOX 26 Legal Analyst, who is not working on the Jackson case. "Whether or not the judge made any mistakes…there certainly is something a little bit unusual because his case was dismissed then refiled and that always makes things a little unusual and a bit sticky."

[...]

Interesting that Andre Jackson's appeal attorney (R. Scott Shearer) talked to Fox26 for 8 minutes and not once brought up the argument that the police interrogation video with his client should have been suppressed. Instead, he cites how the jurors were misled by the DNA evidence and that Jackson was convicted on only "touch DNA." I'll be so disappointed if we see this man in court again. MOO

Regardless of the quantity or quality of the defendant AJ's DNA found at the scene, there would be no reason for 10% of DNA found on the cuff of AJ's distinctive jacket to belong to the victim!

From the DNA expert at trial:

Jackson was seen wearing the jacket in question in surveillance video as he ran away from the area where Josue was stabbed to death. The prosecution DNA expert says the cuff of Jackson's jacket tested positive for the 11-year-old’s DNA.

According to the expert, 85% of the DNA on the cuff of the jacket belonged to Jackson. 10% was Josue’s and 5% is from an unknown person.

"How do you catch DNA on your clothes? Do we just catch it in the air? No. There has to be that very close contact. DNA can not lie," Walters adds.

Josue Flores' mother, DNA expert testify before closing arguments in Andre Jackson trial

OCT 17, 2022
The new bus stop honors Josue Flores, an 11 year old who was killed in 2016.
Houston METRO's newest bus stop shelter honors the life of an 11-year-old who was killed in 2016.

The bus stop is at 1101 Quitman Street, in front of Northside High School, where Josue Flores would have graduated from in May.

METRO and Houston ISD Honor Josue Flores | Full Press Event

NOV 3, 2022
A new Houston park will be named after murdered child Josue Flores.

Commissioner Adrian Garcia will dedicate the park on Saturday at 11 a.m. The Josue Flores Memorial Park is located next to Leonel Community Center. The park includes STEM elements in honor of Josue’s love for science, a news release noted.

NOV 5, 2022
The park will bear Josue's name as it will be called the Josue Flores Memorial Park and will be dedicated on Saturday, Nov. 5, by Commissioner Adrian Garcia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back