TX - judge Bill Adams on video physically abusing his daughter

What would YOU do if your father was beating you regularly... and was a JUDGE?
I would feel like a video would be the only way to get some attention to the issue.

I think it's totally possible she may have intended to report him and then something made her too scared to do it.

Teenagers download music. Beating them with a belt is not the solution to that.
It's scary that anyone thinks beating a child with a belt, when you are obviously completely out of control... would be appropriate punishment.

What would YOU do if your father was beating you regularly... and was a JUDGE?
I would feel like a video would be the only way to get some attention to the issue.

I think it's totally possible she may have intended to report him and then something made her too scared to do it.

Teenagers download music. Beating them with a belt is not the solution to that.
It's scary that anyone thinks beating a child with a belt, when you are obviously completely out of control... would be appropriate punishment.

BBM maybe i'd stop doing what he told me not to, which was against the law in the first place. Is that so hard to understand or agree with?

BBM maybe i'd stop doing what he told me not to, which was against the law in the first place. Is that so hard to understand or agree with?

I would think that a better solution, such as taking away the computer, and chores to pay for the music downloads would have been a more fitting punisment, than being beaten.

My opinion of the video, is that he was beating her in anger, not in an attempt to discipline her.

I dont think any child (or teen), deserves to be struck with that much anger.

Sent from my LG Motion using Tapatalk 2

I have a daughter who repeatedly takes food she is NOT supposed to.
She eats regularly, has a very balanced diet but she does this anyway.
Yes, I would certainly prefer that she just "do what I tell her to!"
But it has NEVER occurred to me to beat her because of it.

Deal "stole" some food and was locked in a trunk as punishment and killed after repeated abuse.
Savannah Hardin ate a candy bar and was forced to run until she died.

Is THIS case not the same because he's a judge? Or because he didn't kill her? Beating is okay if it isn't fatal?

At what point should the child NOT be beaten when they don't do as they are told?

This man was NOT in control. This was not a "spanking" to teach her a lesson.
This was an out of control attack. "You defied ME, I have all this power in court but my own kid won't do as she is told."

This was him beating her and telling her he would beat her IN THE FACE if she didn't roll over.
Maybe if she had a father who cared and was around, she wouldn't have felt the need to act out at all?

Just because a child does something wrong, doesn't mean their parent can beat them repeatedly.
Just because a man catches his wife in bed with another man, doesn't give him the right to beat up or kill either of them.

Two wrongs don't make a right. :twocents:

He was getting off on it. Beatings like that, and like those of the poster who so bravely shared, have sexual undertones in my opinion.

It was absolutely horrific. I could not watch more than a couple of seconds.

He's a sick individual...the churches and governments are full of them.

He should be in jail.

:maddening:

His daughter needs to get a medal. It wouldn't be easy for her to show people that. She is probably still frightened of him at a very deep level.

Beast. Absolute beast. I would stick him in a special child abusers prison and let him rot.

Now there's an idea. A special child abusers prison, in the desert or on an island somewhere, with no internet.

Shove them all in there and never let them out. They are like lepers, a scourge.

:cow:

Everything about this man and this case is horrendous!

He is no better than your everyday run -of-the-mill lowlife abuser, except he's in a priveledged high power position of authority so he is protected and excused (for some reason). In the reality I live in, he should be held to a higher standard but apparently in his circle he quite literally above the law.

I don't care if his daughter was illegally downloading music or playing solitaire for 4 hours a day on her computer. If this was an animal or a younger child he would've been charged with animal or child abuse, no questions asked. If he did this to an adult, assault. From what I understand, the reason no charges could be brought was the statute of limitations expired since his daughter held the video for years. Likely out of fear. I'd be petrified too. I don't care if he says it's a "Texas thing" or it's how he was raised or any of the other excuses he gives, which IMO are all typical abuser excuses.

He is verbally and emotionally abusive. He takes no responsibility. He has no grasp on reality and no judgement. He has blamed his daughter and takes subtle and not-so-subtle stabs at her through the media over the last year, demeaning her in every which way, including putting her down with regards to her cerebral palsy. He shows zero accountability, compassion, regret, humanity. I see arrogance, anger, and coldness when he speaks, let alone when he's beating her.

How fast would anyone else caught on tape doing what he did be snatched up and thrown behind bars be punished to the maximum by this judge, or any reasonable judge in Texas or elsewhere? Forget about the videotape, if an eyewitness or victim described this abuse I would think action would be taken to remove the abuser from the environment and begin an investigation. This is ABSURD.

I haven't read the ruling issued by the Texas Supreme Court allowing him to go back to work, but they better have some tremendous logic for doing so. And he better be on a short leash monitored by an unbiased party. I'm confident none of that will happen. I hope residents of Texas and in that jurisdiction flood authorities and the TSC with letters and if this judge is due for re-election, there is a massive campaign to get him out. This is really, really ridiculous.

I thought Texas was tough on crime. I didn't realize there was an exemption for their own enforcers of law.

I wonder what happened to this guy?

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

Geez I wonder why no one voted for him.

What baffles me more is why he would even run for re-election. Did he actually think he would win?

Well, well, well...

:D

Thanks for updating this!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members