GUILTY TX - Julian Soliz, 5, beaten to death, Austin, 10 April 2010

<snip>

The Travis County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the boy's father, Leonard “Ivan” Soliz, was taken into custody Tuesday. Court documents obtained by KVUE News show Soliz violated probation when drug tests showed marijuana in his system, he failed to pay court costs and supervision fees, did not complete 30 hours of community service, drove a vehicle without a valid license and was found to have a set of brass knuckles.

Soliz was on probation for a misdemeanor assault and burglary committed in March 2009. Court documents show he and his brother forced their way into a man's home and assaulted him by grabbing his neck and hitting him in the head.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Fath...arrested-on-probation-violation-91647629.html

Gosh, this is bad timing for a father who just lost a child.
Unless, they think he may have had something to do with it.
Not saying he did, just thinking out loud.

<snip>

While sheriff's detectives say the boy was killed by someone he knew, they have yet to reveal any suspects and caution that APD's arrest of the boys' father, Leonard Soliz, for a parole violation is purely coincidental and not connected to the murder investigation. Police say Soliz violated his parole before March 18Th when they filed paperwork in court. Soliz wasn't arrested until a month later -- 10 days after his son's murder. Residents who live close to where the boy's body was found are confident investigators are just being thorough.

"I feel like they they know more than what they are telling so obviously, they have somebody that they have got in mind as a suspect and I'm sure that once they investigate it fully they'll let the public know as to what their findings are," said Kelvin Jackson, a Wells Branch resident.

more here - including a video

http://www.kvue.com/news/Parole-violation-lands-father-of-murdered-5-year-old-in-jail-91665254.html

<snip>

While sheriff's detectives say the boy was killed by someone he knew, they have yet to reveal any suspects and caution that APD's arrest of the boys' father, Leonard Soliz, for a parole violation is purely coincidental and not connected to the murder investigation. Police say Soliz violated his parole before March 18Th when they filed paperwork in court. Soliz wasn't arrested until a month later -- 10 days after his son's murder. Residents who live close to where the boy's body was found are confident investigators are just being thorough.

"I feel like they they know more than what they are telling so obviously, they have somebody that they have got in mind as a suspect and I'm sure that once they investigate it fully they'll let the public know as to what their findings are," said Kelvin Jackson, a Wells Branch resident.

more here - including a video

http://www.kvue.com/news/Parole-violation-lands-father-of-murdered-5-year-old-in-jail-91665254.html

Yeah, purely coincidental.

Soliz,_Leonard_(09-30-88)_20100421144504_640_480.JPG

The order to revoke the probation listed several violations committed by Soliz. He tested positive for both marijuana and cocaine, failed to pay court costs, supervision fees and Crime Stopper fees. He also operated a motor vehicle without a license.

He also allegedly possessed brass knuckles.

more here - including video

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/42010-Father-of-Julian-Soliz-Arrested

No official suspect in boy's killing, sheriff's office says
Investigators asking for tips in investigation of 5-year-old Julian Soliz.

By Claudia Grisales
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Published: 8:56 p.m. Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Travis County sheriff's office is continuing to follow leads in the homicide investigation of 5-year-old Julian Salazar Soliz and says there are no named suspects in the case.

It could be weeks before an official autopsy report is released, a sheriff's spokesman said Tuesday. Meanwhile, investigators are asking for anyone with information about the boy to contact police.

"It's not unusual in these types of cases to not have an official suspect until you have ruled out all the possibilities and come to a scenario that you think happened and can prove it," spokesman Roger Wade said. "We want to make sure justice is done and we don't arrest the wrong person."
But Soliz acknowledged that he is facing increasing scrutiny because of media reports about his criminal background, which includes assault and burglary charges.
On Oct. 24, 2006, Soliz was accused of grabbing Turner "around the neck with his hands" and "shoving (her) against the wall with his hand and by choking (her) with his hand," according to court documents. Soliz pleaded no contest to the charge of assault with bodily injury to a family member in the Williamson County case and was ordered to serve 10 days.

In March 2009, Soliz and his brother were accused of burglarizing the home of a relative in Manor, according to an arrest affidavit. According to the affidavit, Soliz forced his way into the home while several small children were present, grabbed the relative in a headlock and choked him. As part of a plea bargain, Soliz pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and was placed on community supervision until 2011. Soliz has to stay away from the relative's home and have "no gang affiliation," court documents said.

Soliz said of that case: "That's people saying stuff about me that's not true."

Last month, Soliz was pulled over for speeding and police discovered that he was driving without insurance and had a prohibited weapon &#8212; grip-designed knuckles &#8212; in the car, according to an arrest affidavit filed after the March 9 incident.

On March 18, the Travis County district attorney said that Soliz had violated the terms of the 2009 plea agreement and that in addition to the traffic and weapon citations, he had tested positive for marijuana late last year and for cocaine March 5.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/no-official-suspect-in-boys-killing-sheriffs-office-561397.html

(bolded and underlined by me)

...have "no gang affiliation"...

I wonder why that was included?

Teachers of the 5-year-old boy found dead three weeks ago held a charity event Saturday night to raise money for his family.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Julian-Soliz-teachers-hold-charity-event-92040964.html

I don't mean to sound tacky, but I hope the money is paid directly to the funeral home or other service providers... JMO.

I am very discouraged that there is no more movement in an arrest in this case....

This case happened here, where I've lived for almost 20 yr, and I got to say I am VERY disappointed that an arrest at this point has not been made, it's really upsetting.

Did I miss a release on the autopsy results? I've been checking and still haven't seen a thing on it. Excuse my ignorance if it was already posted.

I want to see justice for little Julian. I think of him often as I see my 6 yo growing and moving on in life. Rest in peace little one.
JulianSoliz.jpg

This case happened here, where I've lived for almost 20 yr, and I got to say I am VERY disappointed that an arrest at this point has not been made, it's really upsetting.

Did I miss a release on the autopsy results? I've been checking and still haven't seen a thing on it. Excuse my ignorance if it was already posted.

I want to see justice for little Julian. I think of him often as I see my 6 yo growing and moving on in life. Rest in peace little one.
JulianSoliz.jpg

I don't think you've missed any reports of the autopsy OR arrest, Silvahalo...I check every day & haven't found anything...not hearing anything on local news either. :(

We have a friend (a Vietnam veteran who's disabled) that we pick up/drop off often - he lives in the same apartment complex that Julian "went missing" from.....it feels so odd to be there & drive away - especially at nite, wondering how a 5-yr old could have walked away from there & ended up way over at Wells Port Drive & Wells Port Cove in the dark!!

I hope LE is busy building a case & making sure there's justice for little Julian!!

The silence is bothering me too. They must know something by now!

The tat on his neck does not look like a Texas Syndiccate one to me...I believe they usually use an overlapping "T" and "S." I know this because my workplace (with the initials T and S) was designing a new logo that looked like that and someone on the committee shouted "Noooo! That's a Texas Syndicate logo!" :O This looks like a typical Lone Star depiction IMO.

The silence is bothering me too. They must know something by now!

The tat on his neck does not look like a Texas Syndiccate one to me...I believe they usually use an overlapping "T" and "S." I know this because my workplace (with the initials T and S) was designing a new logo that looked like that and someone on the committee shouted "Noooo! That's a Texas Syndicate logo!" :O This looks like a typical Lone Star depiction IMO.

Over another week has gone by -- no news!! We're going on 7 weeks come this Saturday w/ nothing outta LE.

ITA - surely TCSO knows something by now about what happened to him....aagghh - so frustrating when there's no updates....we drove down Shoreline today past the Estates apartment complex...my heart always sinks when we take that route. :(

Seven weeks later, 5-year-old's death remains unsolved

Sheriff's office says it is working hard to solve Julian Soliz's killing, but release of information could damage investigation.

Seven weeks have passed since 5-year-old Julian Salazar Soliz was found dead, his body abandoned in front of a North Austin home.

Little is known about the investigation into who killed the energetic little boy who liked to sing to his teachers. No suspects have been named. It's unclear how Julian died, and sheriff's investigators have told the county medical examiner's office not to publicly release the preliminary autopsy findings. Any developments in the case are being tightly held.

[snip]

For now, Wade said, key details in the case, including any autopsy findings, are not being released to avoid putting out information that "aids and assists the perpetrator of the case." However, Wade emphasized that the investigation has become a priority: a detective has been assigned full time, and additional resources, including deputies who were on light duty, have been drawn in to assist.

They have been combing through tips, witness interviews and surveillance videos close to the Wells Branch neighborhood where Julian was found, Wade said.

One detail about the investigation remains clear: Julian was not killed by a stranger.

More: http://www.statesman.com/news/local/seven-weeks-later-5-year-olds-death-remains-719500.html

This is the first that I have heard of this case. What a sweet little boy :(

Here's a better view of the tat on his neck (better than what's in his mugshot -- see post #85 upthread)

picture.php

I found it here - still looking for better shot of it.

http://galleries.statesman.com/gallery/mourning-death-julian-soliz-041210/#75394

Hi Texas Mist. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond. From the view it looks like it resembles a texas star. A five point star. Could it be a Blood tattoo? I don't have the time or available resources to look at this moment. JMHO.

ETA: The marks shaved into the eyebrow are done by gangs FWIW. But that has passed into the mainstream also and doesn't always indicate gang activity any more.

Thank You Reen. I looked at his neck and what we can see on his arms. I'm not seeing anything that screams Texas Syndicate tattoos. The star could be an association with a number of gangs but Bloods come to mind and they are reported to be active in SE Austin. I'm sure he has a lot covered up. JMHO.

Yes, it's just a Texas Lone Star. A good shot is #9 in the slideshow here:

http://fwix.com/austin/share/959bf98b65/wells_branch_school_mourns_loss_of_5-year-old_julian_soliz

WHY have they not named a suspect or even a POI in this case? I'm so frustrated. This tiny precious one deserves better than this. :(

BBM - I hope they are just getting all their ducks in a row...sounds like those kids were living their own private hell.

06/07/2010 01:26 PM
Judge: Julian Soliz case the worst she’s ever seen

By: News 8 Austin Staff

Two months after a five-year-old boy was found dead in a yard of a North Austin home, his parental guardians appeared in family court for custody of the children living with them at the time of his death.

Julian Soliz went missing the morning of Saturday, April 10 and was found dead less than a mile from his home about five hours later.

No one is currently charged in connection with the 5-year-old's death.

At the time of his death, Julian was living with his father, Leonard Soliz, his father’s common-law wife, Nicole Turner, and Turner’s two children. Both children were removed from the home following Julian’s death.

Monday, Soliz and Turner went before 126th Judicial District Civil Court Judge Darlene Byrne. They were seeking custody of Turner’s five-year-old daughter and the 9-month-old son they had together.

Based on the statements of Turner’s daughter, Judge Byrne said out of the hundreds of cases she's seen in her career, this is by far the worst. The young girl allegedly observed horrific events and made traumatic statements.

The judge decided Turner's two children will remain in CPS custody.

She is allowed two hours a week supervised visitation with her 9-month-old son but not with her daughter.

http://news8austin.com/content/top_stories/271618/judge--julian-soliz-case-the-worst-she-s-ever-seen

WTH was going on that was so "horrific" that wasn't being reported by SOMEbody to CPS???? :furious:

(I don't think I'm allowed to say much more about what I think about what happened to little Julian.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back