TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken. No; it is streaming from the next generation of extended family and friends whose stories are not in contradiction. The stories handed down do not vary much in detail.
Who are they talking to? That is also important IMO.

I have seen a neighbor's son (neighbor of the Arnold's) posting on FB. Wasn't saying anything contradictory that time.

And of course, Rachel's stepson too.

You and me both.

I don't think they do.

I hate to make assumptions or discount anything till it's been fully eliminated, but I think it's safe to say if they had solid DNA evidence linking a viable suspect to the crime (which would almost certainly have to come from the envelope), they would have made an arrest.

I also think that if anyone provided a good description of the person the girls were seen with in the mall or better yet, if anyone had provided a good description of whoever they left with or encountered in the parking lot (which sadly, I don't think anyone saw either thing occur), they would have released their photo as a person of interest to jog memories from the public and elicit further tips. Good descriptions are hard to come by, though. I highly doubt they even got a good enough description for a sketch. If they had, they would have released it. If they have a sketch and they're not doing so, shame on them.

I also think it's likely they haven't eliminated TT as a suspect because LE knows there's been speculation about his involvement with the disappearance for years. If they've definitively cleared him and haven't released that information to the public, it seems needlessly cruel. both to the families and to TT himself.

My guess is the list of under five suspects was gathered under a strategy of putting together their best guesses.

This would likely include TT, if for no other reason than the husband is always a suspect (which isn't to say they wouldn't have other reasons as well).

It would also likely have included select rapists, serial killers, sex traffickers or creeps that were known to be operating in the area at the time.

And as a bonus they probably threw in the person in the van or one of the security guards, etc. Basically the tips called in by the public. Perhaps even one of the tipsters was a suspect since it's very common for abductors to call in misleading tips. Not only does it create misdirection but it gives them a continued feeling of involvement with the crime.

All of the above is just IMO.

I don't think they do.

I hate to make assumptions or discount anything till it's been fully eliminated, but I think it's safe to say if they had solid DNA evidence linking a viable suspect to the crime (which would almost certainly have to come from the envelope), they would have made an arrest.

I also think that if anyone provided a good description of the person the girls were seen with in the mall or better yet, if anyone had provided a good description of whoever they left with or encountered in the parking lot (which sadly, I don't think anyone saw either thing occur), they would have released their photo as a person of interest to jog memories from the public and elicit further tips. Good descriptions are hard to come by, though. I highly doubt they even got a good enough description for a sketch. If they had, they would have released it. If they have a sketch and they're not doing so, shame on them.

I also think it's likely they haven't eliminated TT as a suspect because LE knows there's been speculation about his involvement with the disappearance for years. If they've definitively cleared him and haven't released that information to the public, it seems needlessly cruel. both to the families and to TT himself.

My guess is the list of under five suspects was gathered under a strategy of putting together their best guesses.

This would likely include TT, if for no other reason than the husband is always a suspect (which isn't to say they wouldn't have other reasons as well).

It would also likely have included select rapists, serial killers, sex traffickers or creeps that were known to be operating in the area at the time.

And as a bonus they probably threw in the person in the van or one of the security guards, etc. Basically the tips called in by the public. Perhaps even one of the tipsters was a suspect since it's very common for abductors to call in misleading tips. Not only does it create misdirection but it gives them a continued feeling of involvement with the crime.

All of the above is just IMO.
In other words, all the police suspects have been discussed by websleuthers over the years.:D That would be more than 5.

MOO, they may have DNA evidence on the envelope, but can't link it to anyone on criminal databases, let alone any of the suspects. That kind of evidence may remain on file, but may not be announced to the public. Whatever they have on the suspects, there is not enough to arrest and convict.

Does LE ever throw up their hands, admit defeat, and open up all their case files to the public? Maybe in 100 years.

"Does LE ever throw up their hands, admit defeat, and open up all their case files to the public?"
Public at-large? No.
Under extreme pressure and against their better judgement; Yes. If it paid off, there would be more of it instead of less of it. In this particular case; access to the case file resulted in contamination - an infection of false and forged documents - backdated to disguise their source. A deliberate insertion of phony documents and the removal of original case file material. I have detailed all of it for the police, returned all original materials, documented everything and placed digital and printed records of it in a safety deposit box. My hope in telling you this; no one will break into my house, steal my computers, hurt me or my dog. Everything incriminating is GONE. I needed to say that to someone, in case it matters later.

Public at-large? No.
Under extreme pressure and against their better judgement; Yes. If it paid off, there would be more of it instead of less of it. In this particular case; access to the case file resulted in contamination - an infection of false and forged documents - backdated to disguise their source. A deliberate insertion of phony documents and the removal of original case file material. I have detailed all of it for the police, returned all original materials, documented everything and placed digital and printed records of it in a safety deposit box. My hope in telling you this; no one will break into my house, steal my computers, hurt me or my dog. Everything incriminating is GONE. I needed to say that to someone, in case it matters later.

I know you're probably going to say no and you probably know I'm going to ask. Any chance you can be specific about who's, what's and why's of this document tampering?

Public at-large? No.
You have a dog? :eek:

I know you're probably going to say no and you probably know I'm going to ask. Any chance you can be specific about who's, what's and why's of this document tampering?
hmmmm...Let's try this. Say, for example, you were allowed to photocopy worthless police department inner-office-communication memos, meeting agendas, a variety of formats, over a number of years. And say, for example you wanted to insert your own theories along with imaginary interviews that never took place. You might use those original authentic reports etc, and produce a sort of template. Only you made some critical mistakes. That phony template will stand out. Let's just say, it did. And I caught it. Nice catch?

hmmmm...Let's try this. Say, for example, you were allowed to photocopy worthless police department inner-office-communication memos, meeting agendas, a variety of formats, over a number of years. And say, for example you wanted to insert your own theories along with imaginary interviews that never took place. You might use those original authentic reports etc, and produce a sort of template. Only you made some critical mistakes. That phony template will stand out. Let's just say, it did. And I caught it. Nice catch?
Certainly. That's what I thought you were saying. I'd just like to know more! Also, I want to pet Max. He's so cute.

Practice Dive Latest Step in Search for Three FW Girls

A practice dive in Burger’s Lake Friday night was aimed at solving one of the biggest mysteries in Fort Worth history – what happened to three girls who disappeared from a shopping mall 44 years ago.

Rachel Trlica, 17, her friend Renee Wilson, 14, and neighbor Julie Moseley, 9, vanished from Seminary South mall two days before Christmas in 1974.

Certainly. That's what I thought you were saying. I'd just like to know more! Also, I want to pet Max. He's so cute.
Maybe we can have "Show & Tell" someday. This is not that day. Max is an only dog. He is so well-behaved he doesn't even bark. He has me perfectly trained. He's t He walks as far as he wants to. Then he stops. I have to pick him up and carry him home. o_O If you are ever in the DFW area and see a Nekkid _CAT with a bad attitude carrying a Shih-Tzu, that's us.

Practice Dive Latest Step in Search for Three FW Girls

A practice dive in Burger’s Lake Friday night was aimed at solving one of the biggest mysteries in Fort Worth history – what happened to three girls who disappeared from a shopping mall 44 years ago.

Rachel Trlica, 17, her friend Renee Wilson, 14, and neighbor Julie Moseley, 9, vanished from Seminary South mall two days before Christmas in 1974.
*sigh* Here we go...

Clues to 1974 disappearance of 3 Fort Worth girls might be at the bottom of Texas lake

A practice dive was conducted Friday at Burger’s Lake in northwest Fort Worth.

Weather permitting, the cars will be pulled out Sept. 22 by the divers and crew to see if there are any clues to the disappearance of Arnold’s sister, 17-year-old Rachel Trlica. On Dec. 23, 1974, Trlica, Lisa Renee Wilson, 14, and Julie Moseley, 9, went missing after shopping at what was then Seminary South Shopping Center on 4200 South Freeway.

The case is listed as active and open by Fort Worth police, but Arnold said they are not involved in the search at the lake.

In other words, all the police suspects have been discussed by websleuthers over the years.:D That would be more than 5.

MOO, they may have DNA evidence on the envelope, but can't link it to anyone on criminal databases, let alone any of the suspects. That kind of evidence may remain on file, but may not be announced to the public. Whatever they have on the suspects, there is not enough to arrest and convict.

Does LE ever throw up their hands, admit defeat, and open up all their case files to the public? Maybe in 100 years.
Well....we are still waiting on the JFK assassination files, aren’t we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member