TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the envelope could have definitely been from something else like a Christmas card. I also think the letter itself could have been written previously for a completely different circumstance, with the last line hastily added to appear that it was about the missing Trio.

Eta word
I have studied this letter for years- I agree with what you're saying about the last line. Something is "off"-the writing is larger.... and not exactly in sync with the rest of the letter-it just looks a bit different.....I'm definitely no handwriting expert, but the "e's" look different throughout the letter, compare the first two sentences and the last two. I don't know if that is a valid observation or not....I suppose there could be many reasons for the incongruity.

I have studied this letter for years- I agree with what you're saying about the last line. Something is "off"-the writing is larger.... and not exactly in sync with the rest of the letter-it just looks a bit different.....I'm definitely no handwriting expert, but the "e's" look different throughout the letter, compare the first two sentences and the last two. I don't know if that is a valid observation or not....I suppose there could be many reasons for the incongruity.
I am wondering if it could have been an old note Rachel had written, but I'm also wondering if it could have been an old note that someone else had written, with the last line and Rachel's name added in.

So, with that first thought, maybe some time previously, Rachel wanted to take off to Houston for a bit. It could have even been prior to her marriage when she still lived with her parents. Maybe Rachel and her sister were planning on running away for whatever reason, and that note was written and meant for their parents, but then they didn't end up going through with it... So nobody ever saw the note, yet it still existed, maybe hidden in a folder or notebook or what have you, and then someone who knew about it decided to use it to make it seem like the trio ran off. MOO

I am wondering if it could have been an old note Rachel had written, but I'm also wondering if it could have been an old note that someone else had written, with the last line and Rachel's name added in.

So, with that first thought, maybe some time previously, Rachel wanted to take off to Houston for a bit. It could have even been prior to her marriage when she still lived with her parents. Maybe Rachel and her sister were planning on running away for whatever reason, and that note was written and meant for their parents, but then they didn't end up going through with it... So nobody ever saw the note, yet it still existed, maybe hidden in a folder or notebook or what have you, and then someone who knew about it decided to use it to make it seem like the trio ran off. MOO
That thought has crossed my mind, as well. Many possibilities.

There is a good chance he is giving answers ! How would we know? There sure is lots of anger from someone who would not have any real knowledgeable answers wanting to be alowed to run the whole attack the family mode. Is this Childishness or Mental instubility?. Reminds me of the callers who drove a mother to a breakdown. That could be a reason there is no verriification.

So, he could answer his critics in his own words and in his own way. Why get someone else to speak for you? If he is really interested in seeing this case solved (and I am assuming he does), he could better answer any question than any person speaking for him.

He has spoken to those that matter to this case but to come onto a webpage and read about another theory that someone's dreamed up.
and such a welcoming crowd waiting to jump. I think not!

There is a good chance he is giving answers ! How would we know? There sure is lots of anger from someone who would not have any real knowledgeable answers wanting to be alowed to run the whole attack the family mode. Is this Childishness or Mental instubility?. Reminds me of the callers who drove a mother to a breakdown. That could be a reason there is no verriification.

Anger???

All anyone has heard is what he didn't do and what he isn't doing. There is more to the story that hasn't been told

Then let him step forward and say what he has or has not done. I get your point above about how he "has spoken to those that matter in the case." He doesn't owe Websleuths anything. But, why then would he have someone else speak for him. I believe your exact quote from above was, "Tommy has answered many questions through others posting on his behalf." Evidently, he thinks some of the questions needs a response or he wouldn't have others speaking on his behalf.

Like Ellie60 stated above, people here are not accusing him of anything. They are just trying to get to the facts in the case. Hearing information "straight from the horse's mouth" would go a long way towards the truth.

Edited to include a missing word.

Last edited:
I would assume so that he could help to find his wife and the other 2 girls...
I would imagine a lawyer would advise him, innocent or not, to avoid sm. I can't speak on what he had or hasn't said since I haven't read everything out there in the case as yet, but I can't imagine he's not haunted by it if innocent.

I do tend to believe ( most of the time) he'd have been pretty naive to point the finger at himself with that letter. But somebody sure wanted folks to suspect him.

So who was capable or angry enough?

Last edited:
Since there is no statute of limitations if the girls were ever found to be deceased , I would imagine his lawyer would have advised him long ago that commenting about the case is not in his best interest. I wouldn't comment if it was me. Why give law enforcement anything to twist and turn statements to implicate yourself?

Why would he want to?
I wouldn't want to post here if I was him. A floodgate of questions by people that can't help and might hurt? One thing though, he wouldn't probably still be sitting around waiting to be "verified." A license to say anything you want should be hard to come by. If you say "I asked Tommy and he said such-and-such" doesn't make it true. It doesn't even make it what he said. It makes it what you said he said. that doesn't mean nobody cares what he has to say. He's not the only person that people have questions for.

I wouldn't want to post here if I was him. A floodgate of questions by people that can't help and might hurt? One thing though, he wouldn't probably still be sitting around waiting to be "verified." A license to say anything you want should be hard to come by. If you say "I asked Tommy and he said such-and-such" doesn't make it true. It doesn't even make it what he said. It makes it what you said he said. that doesn't mean nobody cares what he has to say. He's not the only person that people have questions for.

Your right but that's one reason getting verified is vital. We can't get verified without him also getting verified. He isn't touching the keyboard but his verification also shows he is allowing his story to be told and by who. People don't even know if he has fingers to type with!
The facts require his story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member