TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Long time reader on this thread, but haven’t posted here yet.

I don’t frequent army surplus stores, but maybe it’s as simple as 2 teenagers didn’t think an army surplus store was an appropriate environment for a 9 year old girl and told Julie to wait in the car because they would just be in there just a few minutes to get Renee’s jeans out of layaway. I don’t see leaving her in the car as mean or unusual. Could also be as simple as she didn’t want to go in and asked to wait in the car for this errand.

JMO

RIP M+J

Army Navy back then wasn't the standard military surplus store that you're thinking of. They had quite a selection of new clothes for the entire family.

That one for sure not military. My daughter loved getting bell bottoms there. The 9 year old could have been looking at Christmas toys or other decorations. Not clinging to the other 2 girls in lay-a-way. But still in their site.
Thank you & parksestx for clarifying this. I only know of the small, hard-to-find Army/Navy stores of present day. I wondered if maybe she could have been in the store but looking around on her own.

That one for sure not military. My daughter loved getting bell bottoms there. The 9 year old could have been looking at Christmas toys or other decorations. Not clinging to the other 2 girls in lay-a-way. But still in their site.
That is very possible. .. Im glad you posted that. Just because the clerk didn't see her doesnt mean she wasnt in there.

Army Navy back then wasn't the standard military surplus store that you're thinking of. They had quite a selection of new clothes for the entire family.

Hi Parksestx,

Thanks for clarifiying that. I had no idea! I just thought that VietNam-era surplus supplies could be intimidating to a youngster. I appreciate your input.

RIP M+J

Hi Parksestx,

Thanks for clarifiying that. I had no idea! I just thought that VietNam-era surplus supplies could be intimidating to a youngster. I appreciate your input.

RIP M+J

You’re quite welcome! My folks took us in that very store to buy clothing a few times for my sister and I. I don’t recall seeing any surplus military stuff in there! The 70’s were a strange time.

You’re quite welcome! My folks took us in that very store to buy clothing a few times for my sister and I. I don’t recall seeing any surplus military stuff in there! The 70’s were a strange time.
If there were gun I would remember. Being active in scouting even way after high school. we got a lot of equipment from there. tarps and ropes. tent poles for those canvas pup tents. only piece of clothing i bought there was a navy blue wool p-coat. that was in high school. are they even still in business? anywhere?

If there were gun I would remember. Being active in scouting even way after high school. we got a lot of equipment from there. tarps and ropes. tent poles for those canvas pup tents. only piece of clothing i bought there was a navy blue wool p-coat. that was in high school. are they even still in business? anywhere?

We got pea coats, too. Itchy wool! Warm though.

W
How do we know they refused?
We don't even know what time it got called into the FWPD. We still have no clue when they actually went to the mall. I have trouble trying to figure out why Julie wasn't with them inside the Army Navy store. So many conflicting stories and every answer seems to lead to more questions.
what does TT remember about the timeline of that day? Was he ever contacted by le or other family members and what time? If I remember correctly and I may be wrong, so much information. He was told by DH at the bowling alley around 8 pm. Can you expound on if fwpd ever called his home or came by to talk to him? Or did he always go to the station? Does he know who actually reported each girl missing? Is it true that DH picked him up and went to the shopping center about 11 pm.

There’s some out here on Long Island, NY. Haven’t been in one in years though!

We got pea coats, too. Itchy wool! Warm though.
double breasted with those big plastic buttons with anchors, LOL! I thought I looked so cool in that thing. Like one of the Beatles. that's the only coat I remember from high school. its embarrassing. but when you went in the store the whole wall behind the cash register was cheap denim bell-bottoms. I remeber when they added colors. there was this one guy that wore the red ones to school. we all thought he'd get beat up for wearing girls jeans. the 70's were awful, but all the cool girls got as many of those colored jeans as they could. and that's the only place that sold them.

W

what does TT remember about the timeline of that day? Was he ever contacted by le or other family members and what time? If I remember correctly and I may be wrong, so much information. He was told by DH at the bowling alley around 8 pm. Can you expound on if fwpd ever called his home or came by to talk to him? Or did he always go to the station? Does he know who actually reported each girl missing? Is it true that DH picked him up and went to the shopping center about 11 pm.
He has not said it was 8pm,He does not remember the time.FA is the one that made a phone call to bowling alley
DA came and picked him up & took him to SS .They talk to him a few times And different places.

He has not said it was 8pm,He does not remember the time.FA is the one that made a phone call to bowling alley
DA came and picked him up & took him to SS .They talk to him a few times And different places.
If you could, since you guys are verified now, tell his story. It's an important part of what happened that day. No one has gotten his side of anything. I know it's a hard thing to do, believe me. But, I also believe that if he had nothing to do with it, his observations would be invaluable.

I've messaged her, and spoken to her directly. She said they went with the runaway theory instead of her missing persons theory. She's also a member of the group on FB.

It seems somewhat absurd that this would have been classified as a runaway case instead of a missing persons. I hope one day we will see changes about the way these types of cases are handled.

At this point, I'm assuming that the guy with the pickup truck used somesort of ruse to drive these three girls somewhere.

If you could, since you guys are verified now, tell his story. It's an important part of what happened that day. No one has gotten his side of anything. I know it's a hard thing to do, believe me. But, I also believe that if he had nothing to do with it, his observations would be invaluable.
Not sure what you are wanting but here goes
His day started like any other day CA picked him up for work that morning about 7:30 they went to shop to work
He thinks FA came to the shop but can’t say positively
He finished his day went home took a shower got ready for bowling DA took him to bowling Rachel had not made it home.got a call at the bowling alley that the girls can’t be found and the car was at SS.DA went and picked him .when I ask him about the time he was not sure but it was pretty late
He talked to LE ,they said he needed to go home and stay by the phone in case Rachel called .DA took him home by this time it was early morning
He slept by the phone,no call. The next morning he does not remember the time but late morning he went to mail box there was a envelope and thinks something else he headed back in the house reading the content it was the letter he dumbfounded.he showed to DA she call FA they said for her to bring to them they called LE he was in shock He couldn’t believe later that day they returned the keys &he went and picked up the car and went home
Then it did not stop the press tv crews .
He helped put flyer up asking people if they seen Rachel.
Despite what people say he did help search for her at first
But it just got to be to much.he had an ex brother in law and his wife staying with him for awhile then a buddy of his named Richard came in from out of town and talked him in to coming and staying with him for a while .He said Richard was the only one that helped him .
Contrary to what people are saying He Loved Rachel
She was his first true love
Honestly he really don’t know much about that day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics