TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
For comparison, check out that photo of TT and Rachel taken (I believe) at Thanksgiving. TT's in a suit/tie. IMO, in that photo, his expression is more "look at me --look what I've got!"(referring to his bride, life), while  Rachel appears to be tolerating the situation...
Can you post this photo or a link? thx

DA keeping her mouth shut. I only think OC was involved if they NEVER find the bodies. I still think there is a chance the bodies could be buried on a relatives land. Anybody know how much land CA's brother owned in 1974?
Didn't you say he lived in East Texas? That's a bit of a drive to bury bodies (and we thought CA was acommodating to take TT to work every day).

CA was  not at the Mall that night (but his wife and son believed he was). He also wasn't shy, but he was noticeably quiet throughout the press events, letting FA do all the talking. She tried to protect her son-in-law, but I'm not sure she truly knew what was going on(maybe that's why her husband was letting her talk...). DA might not have been directly involved, but her "associations" and behavior sure make her look guilty, and she may well have  believed someone she knew was involved( whether it was Dad, Uncle, or ex-boyfriend).
CA's brother is a character of dubious reputation, who could've been involved.
RA has been very controlling of the investigation (if you can call it that) and "narrative", his entire adult life. Obviously, he's protecting  someone or something. DA once said RA "has a deep-seated need for things to look the way he wants them to be" (or words to that effect).
The other player in this drama is ST. Why does she place herself at Minot at 12:30 pm, picking up her son, and interacting with the girls? The girls were between A/N store and the Mall, at that time.  If they stopped back by the house (for any reason), on their way to the mall
1. It was back-tracking to do so
2. It's doubtful they needed coats (but possible, I guess)
2. They left the house  alive, at that point, because we know they made it to the mall.

Last edited:
.Made me think that just a month after this he sold up and left town, so either he had just had enough and wanted a fresh start, things were getting too close for comfort, or things had come to light he wasn't happy about. Not necessarily about RT, could have been business related,
How was he able to "sell" a business that had a tax lien against it, when he was  co-owner?CA was gone at that point (IIRC), but FA was allegedly paying off IRS debt,  years after that. How did that work?
or maybe he didn't want Shawn around the area as he got older and more aware of what was being said about TT
Wouldn't Shawn have been with his mom (wherever she was)?
. $10,000 was a lot of money to just walk away from.
I agree. But how was he going to get it back? Besides, didn't he have an inheritance to collect, at some point? He was hired on with an automotive shop in Throckmorton, shortly after leaving Ft. Worth, so he met the "employment" obligation of his parents' will. Sometimes, you just have to cut your losses...

How was he able to "sell" a business that had a tax lien against it, when he was  co-owner?CA was gone at that point (IIRC), but FA was allegedly paying off IRS debt,  years after that. How did that work?

Wouldn't Shawn have been with his mom (wherever she was)?

I agree. But how was he going to get it back? Besides, didn't he have an inheritance to collect, at some point? He was hired on with an automotive shop in Throckmorton, shortly after leaving Ft. Worth, so he met the "employment" obligation of his parents' will. Sometimes, you just have to cut your losses...
No he didn't sell the business, he sold his house. He just left the shop behind. I don't know how it worked in Texas in the 70's but if TT were legally registered as co owner, would he not have been liable for outstanding debts? Or were the debts actually personal debts of CA's. Or was TT never actually made legal part owner despite handing over $10,000? Because $10,000 was a lot of money for anything other than a share in the business. I guess I have an avenue of thinking that involves TT being duped by CA into investing in what he believed to be a healthy business that would become his on CA's death. If something came to light in the early part of 1975, that might be why TT packed up and left town since he then knew he wouldn't see the money again and didn't want anything more to do with those in FW. I don't see this having anything to do with the girls going missing though, other than an indication of how shady CA could be, and how much influence he could have over TT.

TT left May 75, CA died July 75. If the shop were still open at that point then someone had to be running it.....

Yes ST would have been but I was talking about visits with his dad. As he got older TT may have been worried about ST hearing things while visiting with him.

His inheritance I believe was his when he turned 30. Yeah the throckmorton shop advertised him as factory trained technician so I guess they weren't really checking references or training back then!

No he didn't sell the business, he sold his house. He just left the shop behind. I don't know how it worked in Texas in the 70's but if TT were legally registered as co owner, would he not have been liable for outstanding debts? Or were the debts actually personal debts of CA's. Or was TT never actually made legal part owner despite handing over $10,000? Because $10,000 was a lot of money for anything other than a share in the business. I guess I have an avenue of thinking that involves TT being duped by CA into investing in what he believed to be a healthy business that would become his on CA's death. If something came to light in the early part of 1975, that might be why TT packed up and left town since he then knew he wouldn't see the money again and didn't want anything more to do with those in FW. I don't see this having anything to do with the girls going missing though, other than an indication of how shady CA could be, and how much influence he could have over TT.

TT left May 75, CA died July 75. If the shop were still open at that point then someone had to be running it.....

Yes ST would have been but I was talking about visits with his dad. As he got older TT may have been worried about ST hearing things while visiting with him.

His inheritance I believe was his when he turned 30. Yeah the throckmorton shop advertised him as factory trained technician so I guess they weren't really checking references or training back then!
I think the A family was after TT's money from the time they met him. I think the 10,000.00 went to buying the house the A family was renting up until after the marriage of RA to TT. I think TT was taken to the cleaners since the day he met the A family. I think a member of the A family was going to marry TT if it had to be Rusty. I think like you that TT was conned into thinking the business would be his after CA's death. I think TT left town cause he was being harassed and his life was Hell in Fort Worth. I believe his inheritance was his when he turned 25. The brother owned a Trucking Company and land. I can see the bodies being moved in a Big Truck. If your in deep trouble who would you trust more than your big brother ( do you think big brother would deny his little brother anything while he is dying and on his last leg ). 48 years later and nobody can get those three girls off the Seminary South parking lot if they were ever on the Seminary South parking lot.

I think the A family was after TT's money from the time they met him. I think the 10,000.00 went to buying the house the A family was renting up until after the marriage of RA to TT. I think TT was taken to the cleaners since the day he met the A family. I think a member of the A family was going to marry TT if it had to be Rusty. I think like you that TT was conned into thinking the business would be his after CA's death.
I agree, wholeheartedly.
I think TT left town cause he was being harassed and his life was Hell in Fort Worth.
That was probably true, whether he was guilty or innocent...
The brother owned a Trucking Company and land. I can see the bodies being moved in a Big Truck. If your in deep trouble who would you trust more than your big brother ( do you think big brother would deny his little brother anything while he is dying and on his last leg ).
I still say trucking bodies across the state is a stretch...and volunteering or agreeing to dispose of three dead girls (one of whom is  your niece), is a pretty grim "last request" to honor. Besides, we have reason to believe he  wasn't quite at Death's Door, when this happened.
48 years later and nobody can get those three girls off the Seminary South parking lot if they were ever on the Seminary South parking lot.
LE has  admitted they were at the Mall. I'm beginning to think maybe it is "dumb luck"(and nothing else), that has kept the girls from being found.

I was just asking because something can be drug related or related to some other crime without necessarily being organized crime. An individual or small group of people can want to bring harm to someome for ripping them off, snitching on them, etc.
Is it possible this could have been retaliation? Not against Rachel, Renee or Julie but against someone else. It possibly could have been something like "oh so you think you can just go hideout at little sisters house, well alright then I'll just get little sister". If it was something like this then TT may have been correct in his suspicion of the ex-boyfriend and what DA is holding out on is nothing short of a motive. That wouldn't be an insignificant thing and she would not get a pass on it, not from me.
Interesting theory. What do we know about this biker ex-boyfriend? If DA's "tight-lipped" about her sister's disappearance, she's silent as a tomb about this guy.

Last edited:
Interesting theory. What do we know about this biker ex-boyfriend? If DA's "tight-lipped" about her sister's disappearance, she's silent as a tomb about this guy.
Sounds like she really liked this EC guy. In her 40 answers she says when her first marriage dissolved she tried to find this fella BUT to no avail.

Sounds like she really liked this EC guy. In her 40 answers she says when her first marriage dissolved she tried to find this fella BUT to no avail.
If she was being truthful on that questionaire (and it sounds like she was), I think we can cross this guy off our list of "POI's". It's not likely she'd be "carrying the torch" for her sister's killer.

Well now I know his initials. I don't know anything about him. I know DA opens her story about a disc jockey by distancing herself from this guy, i thought that was a little odd.
What I would like to know is why TT had suspicions towards him. There had to be a reason.

Well now I know his initials. I don't know anything about him. I know DA opens her story about a disc jockey by distancing herself from this guy, i thought that was a little odd.
Opens her story?
What I would like to know is why TT had suspicions towards him. There had to be a reason.
That's a very good question.

The part about him coming to the house, I don't guess she really opens with it. I just thought it was an unnecessary detail for that story but maybe it's just me. Thread 1, post #312, wish I could move it up.
Found it. It was a bit odd to me, too, that she mentions going to a disco and meeting a guy, while she's visiting her sick dad (so it's not just you).
I can't remember (or find) where she stayed that night with her parents, but  this post, along with her posts about the letter (and it being a long night), make it sound more like she was at Minot all that night.
James has SM spending the night, and TT has him (or at least his car) there alI the next day (according to James). I wonder if SM and TT were the sources of James' version, or if  James was the source of James' version.

Last edited:
still say trucking bodies across the state is a stretch...and volunteering or agreeing to dispose of three dead girls (one of whom is  your niece), is a pretty grim "last request" to honor. Besides, we have reason to believe he  wasn't quite at Death's Door, when this happened.
Well that depends on the reason why they were killed. Since we don't know who or why, we don't know who benefited from them being gone and never found.

Well that depends on the reason why they were killed. Since we don't know who or why, we don't know who benefited from them being gone and never found.
One of the most frustrating things about this case is that there are sooo many characters who could've been involved, and yet may've had nothing to do with the girls' disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph