TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

I remember him saying he and VB were drinking whiskey the afternoon the girls went missing. This was after he gave Renee the ring that morning. I never read anything about anyone having surgery that day.
To be realistic it's possible that there are no contradictions here, just some misreporting going on, cause:
1. No need to have any friend with surgery to use it as an excuse to not go somewhere and drink with a friend instead.
2. Plans could have changed.
3. TM could do both: visit that friend, get drunk and fall asleep at friend's house.
I also never read anything about Mr. Moseley living across the street or having custody of Julie. In fact I read he traveled and wasn’t even in town and Ms. Moseley raised the kids by herself.
But this is not possible to easily explain, cause these two scenarios are contradicting itself.
He couldn't possibly do both - be distant and far away as well as live just there with Julie.
And what you're saying is exactly what I kept reading and hearing about him for the longest time... and then, just very recently I've learned that nope.
I was also under the impression Renee’s grandmother lived across the street from the Moseley’s and the grandmother and/or Renee(when she was there) sometimes babysat Julie.
That wasn't challenged by any contradicting claim I think. She lived almost directly across the street but Mr.M just one or two houses over. She's listed in MP reports. But at least to my knowledge it wasn't ever made clear that Renee's grandma was babysitting Julie on that day - it seems like reasonable assumption but... no certaintitiy.

Just my impression but I feel like TM feared Mr W in some way. Maybe because Mr W was one of the only people in this case who didn't seem to suffer with memory loss, and wouldn't let anything slip past him without chasing it up.
But it could as well be caused by - for example TM feeling responsible for not being with Renee and Julie on that day and staying low cause of feeling that he failed also Mr.W by not protecting his daughter... especially if TM knew that Mr.W knew that he put doing something dumb (like drinking or smoking weed) "over" Renee.
These could both be true (IMO).

To be realistic it's possible that there are no contradictions here, just some misreporting going on, cause:
1. No need to have any friend with surgery to use it as an excuse to not go somewhere and drink with a friend instead.
2. Plans could have changed.
3. TM could do both: visit that friend, get drunk and fall asleep at friend's house.

But this is not possible to easily explain, cause these two scenarios are contradicting itself.
He couldn't possibly do both - be distant and far away as well as live just there with Julie.
And what you're saying is exactly what I kept reading and hearing about him for the longest time... and then, just very recently I've learned that nope.
TM seems to have a very "fuzzy" timeline and statements that don't quite line up.
Is that due to trying to conceal something, or having genuine memory loss from drug use (or both)?

@FW_Froggy hey Froggy just wondering do you know if Arnolds Trucking was the same kind of business back when KA owned it? I see now his daughter in law is in charge and they dig foundations for oil wells etc Was this what they did back in the 70's do you know?

@FW_Froggy hey Froggy just wondering do you know if Arnolds Trucking was the same kind of business back when KA owned it? I see now his daughter in law is in charge and they dig foundations for oil wells etc Was this what they did back in the 70's do you know?
I have no idea. I've just ALWAYSs wondered about ALL that land he owned around Marshal. Out of three Arnold sons he was the only one to make it past 40. One of these days I'm going to make it to Marshall and look up just how much land he owned back in 1974.

I have no idea. I've just ALWAYSs wondered about ALL that land he owned around Marshal. Out of three Arnold sons he was the only one to make it past 40. One of these days I'm going to make it to Marshall and look up just how much land he owned back in 1974.
Yeah its a good question how much land, type of land etc. I had thought the trucking company more of transport nature so when I looked them up recently and saw they were digging foundations for oil fields my mind went in one direction!
He seems to be one of the few Arnold men who got to enjoy retirement thats for sure.

Yeah its a good question how much land, type of land etc. I had thought the trucking company more of transport nature so when I looked them up recently and saw they were digging foundations for oil fields my mind went in one direction!
He seems to be one of the few Arnold men who got to enjoy retirement thats for sure.
Those girls have to be somewhere for 48 years Unless they were cremated and in that case it'd be Game Over.

Those girls have to be somewhere for 48 years Unless they were cremated and in that case it'd be Game Over.
I agree wholeheartedly. Didn't someone mention on this forum that LE used to take confiscated items there? Were LEOs' loads always searched, inspected, or otherwise "cleared", prior to dumping?

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly. Didn't someone mention on this forum that LE used to take confiscated items there? Were LEOs' loads always searched, inspected, or otherwise "cleared", prior to dumping?
Where is there?

That was the truth. The Wilson's and Arnolds were pretty red neck (Drink Beer and work on and race cars).
So RW was into racing cars too?

I wonder if these two families closeness was downplayed only after lots and lots of dirt on A's started getting into the light or if it really was far from friendship.
If we're talking about redneck community then I can finally stop wondering what kind of guy would snitch on 16yo girl forced into marriage with much older man. Of course a redneck would.

So RW was into racing cars too?

I wonder if these two families closeness was downplayed only after lots and lots of dirt on A's started getting into the light or if it really was far from friendship.
There's a difference between knowing someone well, and being actual  friends with them. Having said that, I'm inclined to believe they knew each other pretty well, but I think at some point, the W family no longer believed or trusted the A family.

My opinion is VB is a nice, convenient diversion for the real perps, whoever that is.
It does seem that there was a lot of disfunction in these families, though the A family seems by far the one that children can't wait to escape from(at least the female children).
I suspect whatever "friendship" there was between the various families prior to this even quickly dissolved after.

My opinion is VB is a nice, convenient diversion for the real perps, whoever that is.
Could be. It's also possible (IMO) that VB became a "fall guy" for someone else. Someone very much involved in this  used VB (and his relationship to the girls) to their advantage.

JMO, for him to let his land be used for burial, he would either have to have been heavily involved himself in the girls disappearance, or very close to someone else who was involved.

I couldn't really see him or anyone else letting their land be used after for example a 'TT in a fit of rage' scenario. Again JMO.

JMO, for him to let his land be used for burial, he would either have to have been heavily involved himself in the girls disappearance, or very close to someone else who was involved.

I couldn't really see him or anyone else letting their land be used after for example a 'TT in a fit of rage' scenario. Again JMO.
I was looking at it as helping Little brother (Yes I think he would be very close to his Little brother).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back