Found Deceased TX - Katherina Gonzalez, 5, Dallas, 31 August 2014 *Arrest*

Ugh, not another one.. 17 yr old cousin, male?

Andrea Lucia ‏@CBS11Andrea 4m
@dallaspd have scheduled a noon press conference to provide an update in the investigation of 5 y/o Kathrine Gonzalez's murder. @CBSDFW

Andrea Lucia @CBS11Andrea · 8m
Angel Sanchez became a suspect in the 5 year old's death after an eyewitness identified him as the last person seen with the girl. @CBSDFW

Andrea Lucia @CBS11Andrea · 25m
Source: @dallaspd have made an arrest in the murder of a 5 year old Dallas girl. Her 17 year old cousin is in custody. @CBSDFW

https://twitter.com/CBS11Andrea

WFAA-TV UPDATE: Police will give an update on the arrest at noon. Dallas police say the 5-year-old girl knew her murderer.
Like · Reply · 2 minutes ago

Link to apartments website-shows a pic of maintenance personnel (if it's current?)
http://www.sonterapalmsapts.com/Resident/
Also-note they hold 'Neighborhood Watch' meetings. I find that rather ironic since there is a registered sex offender living there on premises. Check Texas DPS Sex Offender registry https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOffender/Index.aspx and also Family Watchdog http://www.familywatchdog.us/search.asp

There is no shortage of sex pffenders with a history of aggravated sexual assault of a child in that zip code 75243 and nearby.

BBM: I imagine that's one of the reason they hold the neighborhood watch meetings. Sigh.....this poor little one. God bless you angel. Has anyone seen a picture of this little angel? Maybe in an article when she first went missing? I've searched but not been able to find one.

Rob Sherwin , Dallas PD youth services ( the sound is crap on this video )
They have responsibility for child deaths.
5 yr old latin female, reported missing by aunt, last seen playing out with sisters at 1130 am
Being watched by her uncle while parents worked.
Officers in the field said many of the neighbors in complex began actively searching, everyone was helpful
and cooperative, allowing LE into homes and cars.
During search witness says he saw K walking with suspect before reported missing.
Suspect, witness, family taken to PD to talk.
COD strangulation . ( initial )
Capital murder.
Mr Sanchez is cousin. ( suspect)
Lives in separate apartment.

Suspect does not live in same apartment, but lives right across the street from where she was being cared for.
Vacant apartment is directly next door to suspect's apartment.

Did I ever tell you my middle name is Pollyanna?

Glad to meet my cousin, carbuff!! My middle name is Pollyanna, too. I don't get the pleasure of being called by that name very often, I'm sad to say. Too much bad news & so little good... KWIM?

images
images

said he just came into this country about 6 months ago or so

I'd like to point out a glaring difference between this case and that of Jenise Wright, who was also killed by a 17 yr old. I guess 17 is " FULL ADULT" in Texas? Because his name is issued immediately and in Jenise's case in WA state, the 17 year old' minor status kept his name out of press until it was released that he would be charged as an adult. No talk here of being charged as an adult or not, but clearly with his name not being protected, he's an adult and will be charged as an adult. Interesting.

I was afraid of that when I first read the description of her disappearance, and the way they immediately went to empty apartments. Rest in peace, little one.

bbm

Yes, rest in peace, little angel.

Well, I've said it before, and sadly, I'll say it again: There are too many little angels in heaven -- we need them down here.

and this:

What is wrong with people? (that one seems to be our mantra)

When will this sick madness end?

Dammit.

I'd like to point out a glaring difference between this case and that of Jenise Wright, who was also killed by a 17 yr old. I guess 17 is " FULL ADULT" in Texas? Because his name is issued immediately and in Jenise's case in WA state, the 17 year old' minor status kept his name out of press until it was released that he would be charged as an adult. No talk here of being charged as an adult or not, but clearly with his name not being protected, he's an adult and will be charged as an adult. Interesting.

Yes, 17 is an adult in Texas. However, the laws about the death penalty and such still applies to someone under 18, even though they are an adult. 17 goes straight to prison, they are not in the juvenile system.

Yes, 17 is an adult in Texas. However, the laws about the death penalty and such still applies to someone under 18, even though they are an adult. 17 goes straight to prison, they are not in the juvenile system.

Those under 18 y/o at the time of the crime cannot be given DP. About a year or two ago, the US Supreme court ruled that a penalty of LWOP also could not be automatically given to that group -- however -- LWOP can be given at the judge's discretion after a hearing is held where mitigation vs. aggravation can be argued. NC had the first case heard & judged: in the case of Laurence Lovette, convicted of M1, kidnapping, & robbery of Eve Carson, president of the Univ. of NC, Morehead Scholar, and outstanding young citizen. The jury convicted him of those charges, and the State of NC Statutes were, at that time, that the penalty of M1 was either LWOP (absolutely no parole) or the DP. LL got LWOP and went to prison for several months. Then the US Sup. Court issued their new ruling, and the sentence was suspended (with him remaining in prison), and the hearing proceeded with him, under the judge's discretion, getting LWOP due to the aggravation factors of the case. It will be interesting to see how this somewhat new law is handled in each state.

Updated with his photo only.
Wow. His photo-he's a handsome guy-looks like a youngster still but something about his pose looks knowing/defiant......can't really describe it.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/01/dallas-police-search-for-young-girls-killer/

https://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/angel-sanchez.jpg

I am getting depressed today. Too much crime going on.
Maybe more than so much crime but the age of those accused and the seriousness of their crimes.
Personally, I don't like to see anyone under 21 spend his/her life in prison. I don't have any answers or remedy either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back