Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also a local... within 4 miles. I went yesterday to post filers in her complex. The dog park is within the complex in the middle of 4 apartment units. Its gated all around. Here's what I wanna know. There were 2 units being worked on.. changing carpet out directly in front of the dog park. Heard they were there for about 2 weeks... The truck the men were driving was parked where she would have crossed to go home or to the park, as some has said she said she was going there when she left her dog. Her balcony faces the park. just a stone throw away. Back to the workers.. they were there yesterday as well... some had an eerie feeling of them.. This was just after the vigil. There was carpet all over.. and today they are gone and the carpet is still all over the curbside. Just what I saw and witnessed..

There;s more.. I just dont know what i can and cant post here!

Thank you for sharing......I'm very curious now.....

If anybody hears anything about a a call for volunteers to pass out fliers etc, please post it. I live in the area relatively speaking and am willing to volunteer. I just am not social media savy and would miss a call for volunteers made by social media.

The only thing I can imagine besides a murder is if she somehow got trapped in a dumpster and expired from heat or positional asphyxia.

Then I could see the apartment complex worried about responsibility. What if she was goofing around on top and fell in?

In any event I don't believe any of what I just said. I think it was someone she knew. I'm not sure she put the dog there either. And no chatter about a cell phone bothers me alot. No talk of pinging, locating, etc. Also no statements from family saying that she left without her phone. This is almost unheard of nowadays.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Apartment complex statement sounds like overkill to me -- doesn't seem right; almost culpable? Did they make a bad tenant decision or a bad hiring descision?

Weird to me......yet it is subtle

It's very interesting indeed. A long time ago I did mystery shops at apartment complexes. They were not allowed to say their community was safe or provide any statistics regarding safety or who they leased to. So I'm kind of surprised they sent this out. However in Plano when Megan Getrum was missing the complex held a self defense type thing so maybe things have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apartment complex statement sounds like overkill to me -- doesn't seem right; almost culpable? Did they make a bad tenant decision or a bad hiring descision?

Weird to me......yet it is subtle
Former property manager here... we had an incident on our property where a serious crime occurred.. our lawyers advised us to notify the residents. I'm pretty sure the management cp is required to. The letter seems pretty standard to me. There's even a default notification letter that the TAA Lease software even lets you fill in the blanks and print out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I am also a local... within 4 miles. I went yesterday to post filers in her complex. The dog park is within the complex in the middle of 4 apartment units. Its gated all around. Here's what I wanna know. There were 2 units being worked on.. changing carpet out directly in front of the dog park. Heard they were there for about 2 weeks... The truck the men were driving was parked where she would have crossed to go home or to the park, as some has said she said she was going there when she left her dog. Her balcony faces the park. just a stone throw away. Back to the workers.. they were there yesterday as well... some had an eerie feeling of them.. This was just after the vigil. There was carpet all over.. and today they are gone and the carpet is still all over the curbside. Just what I saw and witnessed..

There;s more.. I just dont know what i can and cant post here!
Wow. Maybe they will find some carpet fibers on her. It's impossible to come in contact with new carpet and not get it in you. I would imagine transfer is easy too. If it was a worker.

Wow. Maybe they will find some carpet fibers on her. It's impossible to come in contact with new carpet and not get it in you. I would imagine transfer is easy too. If it was a worker.

I had the same thought re: carpet and renovating apts several pages ago.

Yes, today at 6:30 it was stil 96 degrees out. The sun goes down around 8:45 and it's not completely dark out until 9:30 or so.

what time did she go missing? Was it broad daylight?

Does LE treat a missing child differently then a runaway? To my way of thinking they are the same thing in terms of a child is not where they should be and someone is concerned for them. So much has been said about the fact that LE was calling Kaytlynn a runaway. Missing is missing to me. Which is why I'm asking does LE make a distinction.

6:20 pm or so. Still very light out.

thank you, so working time was probably over. I have a friend who is in that business, she supplies carpet for apartments in the DFW area. If this unit is not on her client list I bet she knows who does supply them. Btw, she makes good money, I was surprised at how much. What is the name of the apartments again ?

thank you, so working time was probably over. I have a friend who is in that business, she supplies carpet for apartments in the DFW area. If this unit is not on her client list I bet she knows who does supply them. Btw, she makes good money, I was surprised at how much. What is the name of the apartments again ?
Hey those carpet installers will work way past business hours if you let them. Esp if its a quick turn. The Oaks at Bedford is the name I believe

How many times have we seen this, a missing child treated as a runaway?
Wouldn't it be better to err on the side of caution and treat each missing child as an abduction while they gather evidence?
I agree. Even if it is known the child is a runaway at any time that child could be abducted.

Does LE treat a missing child differently then a runaway? To my way of thinking they are the same thing in terms of a child is not where they should be and someone is concerned for them. So much has been said about the fact that LE was calling Kaytlynn a runaway. Missing is missing to me. Which is why I'm asking does LE make a distinction.

All I know is when they say she may be a runaway, nothing seems to get done, they don't go looking for runaways like a suspected abduction. No crime.
LE have to report any missing child under 18 to the NCIC immediately, by law, but that's just entering them in a database.
800,000 a year, 2200 a day are reported missing (2005 statistic), most return in 24-48 hours.
Since most missing kids are runaways I guess LE doesn't want to run around all day everyday looking for them all, unfortunately, deciding which ones may be abductions is just guesswork.

Parents of Runaways Fend for Themselves
Police Put Off Searching in Most Cases
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16540-2005Jan17.html

But why would she leave her dog to go with a rando contractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe he lured her. Maybe he talked to her previously so he wasn't a stranger anymore (in her mind). Maybe he threatened her. Maybe he "needed her help". Who knows :/

Or maybe the dog was tied afterward by the friends and never by KG? Actually, was the dog actually found tied up or is this all according to the friends?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Didn't the mother claim to find the dog tied up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horizon54