TX TX- Kelle Fernstrom, 24, Houston, 1 Sep 1983

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Kelle Renee Ferstrom
Nickname/Alias SC0TT-FERNSTR0M,KELLE
Harris County, Texas
49 year old white female

Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Brown Hair
Brown Eyes

The MP was reported missing in 2008 and was last seen in approx. 1980.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35024/

According to nameus aswell as charleyproject she was actually 20 when she dissapeared

Kelle Renee Ferstrom
  • ferstrom_kelle.jpg
  • ferstrom_kelle2.jpg
  • ferstrom_kelle3.jpg
Ferstrom, circa 1980

• Missing Since01/01/1980
  • Missing FromHouston, Texas
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Age20 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Ferstrom may use the last name Scott-Ferstrom.
Details of Disappearance
Ferstrom was last seen in Houston, Texas sometime in 1980. She has never been heard from again. For unclear reasons, Ferstrom wasn't reported missing until 2008. Very little information is available in her case.

So Ferstrom is her married surname, Scott her maiden name? Not birth date?

Not reported missing until 2008???

Off to poke around on FamilySearch....

ETA: are we sure of the spelling of the surname? Should the N be used? There is a possible husband in Texas. Looking for information, not sleuthing family members! BTW this gentleman has passed away.

Last edited:
We don't seem to have her birthday, just the 20 years in 1980? Reported in 2008, of course.

In our combined experience here at WS, would we expect a family member to be involved???

Why is there so little information, so late?

Haven't found a marriage record, or any record, yet.

- who reported Kelle missing?

- hyphenated name indicates a marriage. What is/was the spouse' name?

- how did Kelle meet her spouse?

- what is the correct spelling for the surname?

- who are Kelle's parents? A Mr. & Mrs. Scott? Does she have siblings?

- when is Kelle's birthday?

- did Kelle work outside the home?

- where did Kelle go to school? Did she graduate from high school?

Yeah, I'm likely to have more questions later!

I tried searching Ancestry and couldn't find a thing about her. :(

The picture with the lace thing on her head looks like a veil. I believe she was married and that is probably a wedding picture with the husband cut out. But I couldn't find her marriage records. At least not under any of the name spellings given. Kelle is a less common way to spell that first name which I assume is pronounced the same as Kelly/Kellie/Kelley. I thought perhaps I could find out the correct spelling of her last name by looking for only her first name, but even looking up people named "Kelle" with no surname didn't help. I found several people named "Kelle" but none with anything close to Scott or Ferstrom/Fernstrom as a surname.

MOO.

I tried searching Ancestry and couldn't find a thing about her. :(

The picture with the lace thing on her head looks like a veil. I believe she was married and that is probably a wedding picture with the husband cut out. But I couldn't find her marriage records. At least not under any of the name spellings given. Kelle is a less common way to spell that first name which I assume is pronounced the same as Kelly/Kellie/Kelley. I thought perhaps I could find out the correct spelling of her last name by looking for only her first name, but even looking up people named "Kelle" with no surname didn't help. I found several people named "Kelle" but none with anything close to Scott or Ferstrom/Fernstrom as a surname.

MOO.

We tried the same techniques & came up empty!

Are you willing to email the detective listed & ask a few (dozen) questions?

We tried the same techniques & came up empty!

Are you willing to email the detective listed & ask a few (dozen) questions?

Similarities to an unidentified young lady, discovered in 1984:

TX - TX - Vidor, WhtFem Skeletal 72UFTX, 13-18, near I-10, previous braces, Jan'84

How do we cause NAMUS, or Harris County, to compare a missing person and a located deceased person?

Hey Laughing, sorry I didn't see your question yesterday. I really don't like to contact people on these things (just my personal preference). Since you have a lot of questions about Kelle's case and you came up with a possible match, I suggest you send an email. Best way to find out if NAMUS will compare Kelle to an UID is to contact them about it. You could send emails to both the UID case managers and the person in charge of Kelle's missing case. MOO. :)

At least, we genealogy nerds might have an improved chance.

JMHO, the husband would need to obtain a divorce or have her declared legally dead, eventually?
Funny you should mention that, Laughing, because I just found a little notice from 1984 in an Illinois newspaper dealing with the dissolvement of Kelle's marriage. It would seem that Ferstrom is her married name and Scott is her maiden name, and we should perhaps also conduct searches after Kelle Renee Scott, as well.

Anyway, you have to scroll down a bit, and there's a lot of text!

" 615385-2507 after 5pm JUDICIAL CIRCUIT McHENRY COUNTY, ILLINOIS IN RE THE MARRIAGE ) OF RONALD ) DALE FERNSTROM, ) Petitioner ) and ) KELLE RENEE ) FERNSTROM, Respondent ) No. 84D064S NOTICE To: KELLE RENEE FERNSTROM, 1455 Lakeside Estates, Houston, Texas and to all others whom It may concern, be It known: That suit for Dissolution of Marriage entitled: IN RE THE MARRIAGE OF: RONALD DALE FERNSTROM vs KELLE RENEE FERNSTROM No. 84 D 645 was filed on October 1, 1984 by RONALD DALE FERNSTROM, the husband of KELLE RENEE FERNSTROM, In the Circuit Court of the 19th Judicial Circuit, McHenry County, Illinois for a Judgment of Dissolution of Marlage from KELLE RENEE FERNSTROM, in the McHenry County Courthouse, 2200 N. Seminary Avenue, Woodstock, Illinois. Further, that unless you, KELLE RENEE FERNSTROM, appear within 30 days from the first date of publication of this Notice, a default Judgment may be entered against you In this matter on or after November 13, 1984."

@mrs.Badcrumble, thanks so much!

Divorce by publication.

What takes a person to McHenry County, Illinois from Houston???

More questions, but thanks to you we have the spelling & some dates.

Divorce by publication.

My first thought -for some reason- was that Illinois was the husband's home state, probably because of the surname "Ferstrom", which I believe hails from the Swedish "Ferström", and my mind started to wander of to all the Scandinavians who settled in the Mid-West area... But this is of course only speculation and theories!

Just poking around in CyberSpace with our little bits of info, looks like the petitioner in that divorce action was in the military?

Stationed in Houston, married a local girl, deployed, couldn't find her when he returned, went home to Illinois spurned???

Trying to get enough information to sleuth Kelle herself!

Divorce by publication.

It's possible her husband was originally from Illinois. There are very few Fernstroms in Texas, but plenty of them in Illinois. It's frustrating finding nothing on Kelle, since we can't openly sleuth her family here.
I hope someone who knew her (or knows the circumstances of her disappearance) will come and tell us more about Kelle someday.

MOO.

I emailed Mr. Buse:

Good evening.

You are listed on Kelle Fernstrom's NAMUS page as contact for her case. I know that your time is valuable and that I'm wordy -- sorry about that.

I read about this missing person on a Web site know as Websleuths. A thread for Kelle was started recently, 3 of us with experience as genealogists are looking for information about this young woman.

This is Kelle's thread:

TX - TX- Kelle Ferstrom, 20, Houston, 1980

Is there any information about Kelle that you could share with us? Who reported her missing, was she a Texas girl, date of birth, school or job training, anything like that?

Not reported missing until 2008, that's unusual, I hope.

A poster did locate a newspaper announcement of Mr. Fernstrom's intent to divorce Kelle by publication in 1984. That is included in Kelle's thread. Do you know when & where they were married? Any children?

Another thread on the Websleuths forum describes an unidentified deceased woman found in Vidor, Orange County in 1984.

TX - TX - Vidor, WhtFem Skeletal 72UFTX, 13-18, near I-10, previous braces, Jan'84

NAMUS page for this young woman:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Her contacts are in Harris County & do not provide an email address --- I expect you have access to that office?

Has the information known about Kelle been compared to the Vidor deceased young woman?

If you can tell us more about Kelle, that would be wonderful. You can join Websleuths & post, several threads have law enforcement officers participating.

Thank you for your work in law enforcement. I appreciate all you do.

Looking forward to learning more, Laughing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back