TX TX - Kristy Booth, 19, Midland, 2 Feb 1980

The circumstances for this ARE really confusing. They state she "walked outside." and then mention she did not have her coat OR her shoes.

"According to police, a male friend of hers, who is now deceased, dropped Booth and a female friend off at the club. He took her car and told the two he would return around 11 that night. But when he did, he said, he couldn't find the girls anywhere. Booth walked outside around 11 o'clock that night. It was five days later before a police report was filed through the city."

Why would she walk outside barefoot in February?

"Investigators do not believe Booth left the club willingly, because she left without her shoes and coat, and the weather was cold and icy. Police then were led to believe she either left the club unwillingly or had gone outside with the intention of staying only a short time."

Did someone SEE her go outside without her shoes or coat? Or is that just an assumption? It seems more reasonable she would at least have had her shoes ON when she (voluntarily?) went outside at 11 pm??

So the AMC Pacer ran out of gas while being driven by Ron and was abandoned but started right up when found? Highly unlikely with the cold and icy conditions. Ron also dropped her off at 7 and returned at 11 but stated she was not there and left, then ran out of gas shortly and abandoned the car. Kristy was last seen dancing with a white muscular male but left her shoes and coat in the club. Do we know where Ron said he went to after abandoning the car? Did he stop somewhere to ask to be picked up since cellphones were rare and not very reliable then. My theory Ron could have known the man dancing with Kristy and more than likely new the car was running low on gas and abandoned it for another vehicle that could drive better in icy conditions. Their is so many unanswered questions in Ron’s story without knowing where he said he went or why he needed the car (besides to possibly find drugs, did he bring someone back with him?). It seems to me that Kristy knew a familiar face and went willingly. Highly unlikely that she would be abducted from the club without making a scene. Any other ideas or thoughts?
Midland's Oldest Cold Case: She Went To a Bar 42 Years Ago and Hasn't Been Seen Since [PHOTOS]
One thing does stand out as *possible* to me: I used to own an older Volvo from this era, and when the wiring got wet in this type of weather, it would sometimes stall out and then not start. Once it dried out? (Or I sprayed it once I learned what was up.) Would start right up again. I'm not saying Ron was innocent. Only offering as a possible explanation as to why a car might be "dead" or seem to be out of gas, and then be magically OK a few days later.

It all 100% seems suspicious to me as well.

I wonder if Kevin Howerton got jail time and if he’s still alive and knows anything about the disappearance.

Kristy Booth, 19
Missing since 2 February 1980

AMC Pacer similar to Kristy's.

LINK:
Hi, Richard,
Do you happen to know if the picture on the Charley project link is a photo of her actual car?
The reason I ask is because the white Pacer from the Charley Project page is the Pacer X .
The "extended cab or window look " Gives the car a different look and feel when you looked at it in the 80's ,Think wagon/vs hatch and how people observe things within their knowledge base . Below are the related supportive links.

Kristy Lynne Booth – The Charley Project

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-amc-pacer-4/

Here’s a new article I’d not seen before. It has a photo of her car which is the one on her CP profile.

IMG_2468.jpegIMG_2467.jpegIMG_2466.jpeg

Hi, Richard,
Do you happen to know if the picture on the Charley project link is a photo of her actual car?
The reason I ask is because the white Pacer from the Charley Project page is the Pacer X .
The "extended cab or window look " Gives the car a different look and feel when you looked at it in the 80's ,Think wagon/vs hatch and how people observe things within their knowledge base . Below are the related supportive links.

Kristy Lynne Booth – The Charley Project

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-amc-pacer-4/

According to the Charley Project site the photo of the white car is the actual one that belonged to Kristy Booth.

I don't know for certain. The photo I posted of a maroon AMC Pacer was NOT her car, only one that was similar to hers.

Here’s a new article I’d not seen before. It has a photo of her car which is the one on her CP profile.

View attachment 434217View attachment 434218View attachment 434219
Hi Mad. Thx. Sadly, European viewers have no access to this article. Is there particular info, new info?

I wonder if Kevin Howerton got jail time and if he’s still alive and knows anything about the disappearance.
Hi, who is Kevin Howerton in relation to Kristy? I googled the name but there are a lot. Can you put in a link?

Hi, who is Kevin Howerton in relation to Kristy? I googled the name but there are a lot. Can you put in a link?
Some tidbits from the article:
Some points from the article you linked:
On February 2nd, of 1980, 19-year-old Kristy Lynne Booth disappeared from the Dimensions nightclub, a popular disco spot at the 400 block of Airpark Drive in Midland.
“During the course of the evening, people saw her out on the dance floor, having a few drinks and she left her coat and her shoes at the table they had been sitting at,” said Investigator Strain.
"Maybe she went out to smoke I don’t know, but leaving everything in there, obviously she intended to come back,” said Kathy.
“She left her purse, she left her coat, she left her shoes, the girl liked to drive without shoes. So her going outside in February with no shoes on, nah that wasn’t weird at all. That was Kristy. She lived to be barefoot,” said Kathy.

That same night Kristy went missing, her friend, Ron Ferrengburg who has since died, had borrowed her car.
“I don’t think Ron had anything to do with it. I just feel like it was somebody she met that night, I don’t know,” said Kathy.
Later when that car was found it had a lot of miles on it. Those miles were never really accounted for in this investigation,” said Investigator Strain.

Kathy and Kristy are sisters.

Kevin Howerton is not mentioned in the article you've linked, but as per an earlier article in the thread, he is the one who shot Ron Ferrenburg (her boyfriend) in the head and killed him during an argument in 1981. Howerton would have been 16 or 17 when Kristy disappeared depending upon his birthdate.

Larger memorial image loading...

Kristy Lynn Booth, age 19, Missing since 2 February 1980

LINK:

Jul 10, 2023
Midland's Oldest Cold Case: 19-year-old Kristy Lynne Booth

about 1.5 miles south of highway 20 (where her car was abandoned) looks like a salvage yard...I was thinking that if those were all big box stores and stuff, it would be likely that if she had been buried there, her body it would have been discovered during construction efforts... but what if they dumped it where there is now a salvage yard? I mean, assuming she is there, it would be hard to find a more convenient place to dispose of a body, whether the business was established before or after the body was dumped there...
A few years ago they increased her bounty...
She is such a young and pretty girl full of life that in the end it served her well to be so young... she being so she was murdered...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125