Found Deceased TX - Kyle Rugg, 20, Livingston, 4 March 2015

Dear Websleuths Members,

Bringkylehome is now a verified member of Kyle's family. Bringkylehome can now post information without links. It is up to you whether you want to believe the information posted by bringkylehome.

Please remember verified members will be treated with respect. If you disagree that's no problem as long as you are polite.

Thank you bringkylehome for coming on Websleuths. We will help Kyle's family any way we can.

Tricia

Dear Websleuths Members,

Bringkylehome is now a verified member of Kyle's family. Bringkylehome can now post information without links. It is up to you whether you want to believe the information posted by bringkylehome.

Please remember verified members will be treated with respect. If you disagree that's no problem as long as you are polite.

Thank you bringkylehome for coming on Websleuths. We will help Kyle's family any way we can.

Tricia

So glad you have finally been verified bringkylehome! Welcome.

I am a Katy resident as well and only learned about this on WS and watch the news daily. Welcome bringkylehome!

There haven't been any coordinated searches (by law enforcement, TX Equusearch, or volunteers from the community) as far as I've seen.....Barely any discussion whatsoever on the bkh fb page either.....The only apparent effort is raising money for the reward fund....So I guess I'm assuming that le and/TX Equusearch has basically told them that they have a pretty good idea of what happened to Kyle, and the only way to get to the bottom of it is to come up with reward money.

^^^
Wow really?

What are the pre-reqs for Equusearch to cover a missing person?

I really don't understand why this case isn't getting much attention. Would love to have an update from Bringkylehome if at all possible! Where are they in the search for Kyle???

Texas Equusearch - TXEQ
The Harris County Sheriff’s Office has requested our assistance in the search for Kyle Rugg. The search will begin at 8:00 A.M. on Monday April 6, 2015. The command post will be located at the Lake Livingston Village, 167 Lexington, Livingston, TX 77351. http://goo.gl/maps/Nb6IG

We are in need of foot searchers only at this time. Please bring your own water and snacks, and be prepared for mosquitos, fire ants, poison Ivy, snakes and marshy areas. Your search coordinator is Jack Boggess, he can be reached at 713-826-3869.

Note: We will be searching in the Lake Livingston area.

https://www.facebook.com/texasequusearchandrecovery?fref=photo

Thank God. And I never question Equusearch's wisdom but I'm curious that they are choosing to search the Lake Livingston area. Obviously believing it's most likely he never left the fishing area alive.

http://texasequusearch.org/about/how-when-and-why-we-search/

I have read before that Texas Equusearch will only search an area if they good information about the whereabouts of the missing person. I went to their website and found the following quote:

"We will continue to search for a missing person — as long as we have a reasonable expectation, or a good reason to believe that the missing person would be found during a continued search of that specific area. We will also continue searching wherever specific information may lead us – within reason, and if the information is plausible, and has a significant likelihood of the missing person being found there. However, just because a person disappears from an certain area, doesn’t mean they will stay in that area … or be found anywhere near where they disappeared."

This is not the exact wording I saw a year or so ago, but I believe they only search an area when LE has given them credible information that the missing person could likely be there. They want to only use their resources where they can do the most good. Let's hope LE has some clues as to where this young man could possibly be.

Sounds reasonable for sure...They do so much, it's amazing that they run completely on donations

Finally some new MSM.

Police search for man last seen on fishing trip
Apr 05 2015 09:20:44 PM CDT

"It's just so scary that my son, who is so well liked and everybody knows him, yet he has just disappeared," said Kyle's father, Les.

Rugg's parents told Channel 2 that they looked through his social media accounts, checked his EZ TAG toll pass charges and his cell phone records but did not find any kind of activity since March 4.

"It just stopped on Wednesday the 4th," Judy said.

Texas Equusearch - TXEQ
The Harris County Sheriff’s Office has requested our assistance in the search for Kyle Rugg. The search will begin at 8:00 A.M. on Monday April 6, 2015. The command post will be located at the Lake Livingston Village, 167 Lexington, Livingston, TX 77351. http://goo.gl/maps/Nb6IG

We are in need of foot searchers only at this time. Please bring your own water and snacks, and be prepared for mosquitos, fire ants, poison Ivy, snakes and marshy areas. Your search coordinator is Jack Boggess, he can be reached at 713-826-3869.

Note: We will be searching in the Lake Livingston area.

https://www.facebook.com/texasequusearchandrecovery?fref=photo

Good luck to all the searchers today.

There also appears to be a Lake Livingston State Park area.

The two MSM articles aren't clear at all. I really think this story is so complex, with so many moving parts, that articles need to be CLEAR. Exactly where he was fishing, descriptions of both his roommate and the two guys who wouldn't enter the park but fished nearby in inappropriate clothing (too dressy maybe?), and to say outright that he didn't return to his apartment is misleading. Is it possible he DID return and got his car and then something else went wrong? This grieving family needs help getting the word out.

Volunteers search for Katy man missing for a month
HOUSTON - Volunteer searchers tackled the monumental task of searching the shores of Lake Livingston on Monday in connection with the one-month-old search for a missing 20-year-old from Katy.

Kyle Rugg vanished after a trip to Lake Livingston March 4th and has not been seen since.

A friend says Rugg left the lake with two other friends that only Rugg seemed to know. Missing persons flyers posted at various spots around the lake identify those two "friends" only as young Hispanic males driving a tan/yellowish 2-door car. At the time Rugg was wearing a black tank top, black hoodie and jeans.

Monday, volunteers with Texas Equusearch scoured sections of the shoreline on the east side of Lake Livingston while others used a boat equipped with sonar to search under the water.

"Since we don't have any eyewitness that something happened to him or fell in the water or anything then unfortunately it's a process of elimination," said Equusearch founder Tim Miller. "That's their job," said Miller of the police investigators and their search for suspects. "Our job is searching. And we'll keep doing it and hopefully the investigation will take us where we need to be."
http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...olunteers-to-search-for-missing-man/25368413/

Could the information we originally got be wrong? There is MUCH more to this story than in that KVUE article.

He didn't have his car with him. He was there with a friend who was currently letting him stay there at his gated apartment back in Katy. He left with the two hispanic friends he'd met recently at a party, telling the roommate he was going back for his car. When the roommate returned home later, he noted that Kyle's car was indeed missing. I don't understand how his car could be missing if he didn't initially go back there. Was he told oh forget it, we'll go get your car for you, you stay right here and now give us your keys and address and gate code and make and model and license plate of your car and where you parked it in the lot?

It's confusing why they withhold the story that was first told - unless they seriously doubt it is true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back