Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

Thanks for the pictures and information. I checked out Schoenthal Road Google Street View. I think the empty lot which shares the border with "21643 Fairview Circle is fenced".

She might have entered by cutting through the 8954 Schoenthal Rd property. As far as I could tell that would be the only entry onto the 21643 Fairview property without climbing a fence (from Schoenthal). I can't tell about fences if entering from a Fairview property.

The bottom line is she would of had to trespass to gain access to the property and most likely would have had to climb one or more fences. I can't make sense of that.

We know she had plans for an interview. I would think it unlikely to start a journey through private property if you are on a stroll prior to a scheduled interview. Would she schedule an interview if she knew she wasn't going to participate.

I have read many pages, but apparently not enough of the because I don't know how/why/where the suicide by hanging is reported. Has it been ruled a suicide or is that rumor/speculation? TIA

I think it's harder to make sense of someone going through the trouble of putting her there. But that's JMO.

A local station reported it as a suicide.

Thanks for the pictures and information. I checked out Schoenthal Road Google Street View. I think the empty lot which shares the border with "21643 Fairview Circle is fenced".

She might have entered by cutting through the 8954 Schoenthal Rd property. As far as I could tell that would be the only entry onto the 21643 Fairview property without climbing a fence (from Schoenthal). I can't tell about fences if entering from a Fairview property.

The bottom line is she would of had to trespass to gain access to the property and most likely would have had to climb one or more fences. I can't make sense of that.

We know she had plans for an interview. I would think it unlikely to start a journey through private property if you are on a stroll prior to a scheduled interview. Would she schedule an interview if she knew she wasn't going to participate.

I have read many pages, but apparently not enough of the because I don't know how/why/where the suicide by hanging is reported. Has it been ruled a suicide or is that rumor/speculation? TIA

I agree with your analysis. Thanks for pointing out the fence on the vacant lot. I will look for it.

The only thing that I have seen in MSM is that she was reported to be found hanging in a tree, but that has not been stated by LE. So suicide is still speculation IMO. There is no way to determine suicide without a careful autopsy, and maybe not even then. According to my googling, if it is staged, there would probably be evidence of that.

from a local member who drove around and took video: I will only post the link, not what it says due to what she saw overhead when filming the area.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014

FWIW the area where the "birds" were was not near where she was found. Which I'm thankful for because I would be feeling guilty as hell for not calling someone about that. But like I said, seeing these flying around is not uncommon at all with the deer population like it is.

I did ride through this very street that she was found on. I wasn't recording at the time but I was just trying to get a feel for the area. So sad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW the area where the "birds" were was not near where she was found. Which I'm thankful for because I would be feeling guilty as hell for not calling someone about that. But like I said, seeing these flying around is not uncommon at all with the deer population like it is.

I did ride through this very street that she was found on. I wasn't recording at the time but I was just trying to get a feel for the area. So sad...

Sorry, I was not trying to make you feel guilty- I was pointing out they are frequently seen in the area...so are not something one would especially notice.

I was not trying to make you feel guilty- I was pointing out they are frequently seen in the area...so are not something one would especially notice.

Oh I'm sorry!! I didn't mean to say you were trying to make me feel guilty!! I didnt think that at all.

Maybe I watch too much Joe Kenda, etc. but while awaiting the results of the autopsy, I hope there is an attempt to find out if any residents in the neighborhood where Leanne was found are acquainted with Josh and Leanne from church, gym, etc. IMO this needs to be a simultaneous suicide and a murder investigation until it is definitely determined to be suicide. There is still the possibility that she was taken by someone and held until after the searches were finished. I know it's a stretch, but right now it seems more likely than suicide to me. MOO

Thank you so much for your efforts. This is just heartbreaking.

If you haven't heard this brief interview between Michael Board and Garden Ridge Chief of Police Donna O'Connor, this might help clarify.

http://www.woai.com/onair/michael-board-17319/bearden-final-12065605/

FWIW, I have not read or heard anything about "hanging," though there seems to be speculation based on the reported sighting of someone with a hand saw or hacksaw at the scene today.

The chief makes it clear that without an autopsy she will make "NO assumptions."

I agree with your analysis. Thanks for pointing out the fence on the vacant lot. I will look for it.

The only thing that I have seen in MSM is that she was reported to be found hanging in a tree, but that has not been stated by LE. So suicide is still speculation IMO. There is no way to determine suicide without a careful autopsy, and maybe not even then. According to my googling, if it is staged, there would probably be evidence of that.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Body-found-in-Garden-Ridge-5232851.php
snipped
A man working in the area spotted the body and called police at 12:18 p.m., officials said. A backpack, jewelry belonging to Bearden and her ID were found with the body, police said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Body-found-in-Garden-Ridge-5232851.php
snipped
“Upon arrival, Sgt. Bellinger and I located what we believe to be the body of Leanne Bearden,” said Donna O'Conner, the chief of the Garden Ridge Police Department. “We will reserve any information regarding the cause of death until an autopsy has been performed.”

http://www.kens5.com/news/Garden-Ri...s-conference-on-Leanne-Bearden-245429961.html

snipped
Sources tell Eyewitness News that Bearden was found hanging in a tree.

Homeowners in the area were asked by reverse 911 to search their properties shortly after Bearden disappeared, according to Greg Pyles with Texas Search and Rescue.

bbm, without naming names they use sources.

snipped
A man working in the area spotted the body and called police at 12:18 p.m., officials said. A backpack, jewelry belonging to Bearden and her ID were found with the body, police said.

snipped
“Upon arrival, Sgt. Bellinger and I located what we believe to be the body of Leanne Bearden,” said Donna O'Conner, the chief of the Garden Ridge Police Department. “We will reserve any information regarding the cause of death until an autopsy has been performed.”

http://www.kens5.com/news/Garden-Ri...s-conference-on-Leanne-Bearden-245429961.html

snipped
Sources tell Eyewitness News that Bearden was found hanging in a tree.

Homeowners in the area were asked by reverse 911 to search their properties shortly after Bearden disappeared, according to Greg Pyles with Texas Search and Rescue.

bbm, without naming names they use sources.

Thank you. I hadn't read that.

Somehow, I think if she was murdered, those expensive rings would be missing. Also, from what I gathered, while that area was searched, i am not sure that specific piece of property was searched, at least not that I have seen. The owner hadn't even been back that far in a month.

As terrible and unlikely as suicide may seem, murder seems less likely. But JMO

If she did indeed die the way others were posting about...I can't bring myself to even type it...it would be very rare for a woman to do it in that way. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is very unusual.

I checked out the statistics for women choosing hanging as a method and it's not as rare as you'd think .. Just under 50% of female suicides .. I'll get a link up (on phone at moment), but I was surprised.

The header of their travel blog declares, "You don't choose a life, you live one."

So difficult to reconcile that sentiment with the news we received about her yesterday.

RIP Leanne.

Somehow, I think if she was murdered, those expensive rings would be missing. Also, from what I gathered, while that area was searched, i am not sure that specific piece of property was searched, at least not that I have seen. The owner hadn't even been back that far in a month.

As terrible and unlikely as suicide may seem, murder seems less likely. But JMO

There are far more suicides each year than homicides. In fact, in from 2008 - 2010, the number of suicides has been more than twice that of homicides.
In 2010, more than 38,000 people died by suicide.

Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 25- to 34-year olds and the third leading cause of death among 15- to 24-year olds.

http://www.sprc.org/basics/about-suicide

Maybe I watch too much Joe Kenda, etc. but while awaiting the results of the autopsy, I hope there is an attempt to find out if any residents in the neighborhood where Leanne was found are acquainted with Josh and Leanne from church, gym, etc. IMO this needs to be a simultaneous suicide and a murder investigation until it is definitely determined to be suicide. There is still the possibility that she was taken by someone and held until after the searches were finished. I know it's a stretch, but right now it seems more likely than suicide to me. MOO

What if there is a suicide note, written by LB, found in the backpack that she took with her? Would you still expect a murder investigation? Just wondering.

I wonder if LE followed the trail of the neighbors that saw her that day, witnesses we discounted, it would have led them to her.

A thought I had "if" she hanged herself was she could have climbed a tree and hung herself up in the tree as apposed to her being visible like someone else hung her. hope that made sense.

This is the first thing on my mind waking up this morning.... and now the shock of hearing she's been found is giving way to even confusion about this outcome.

I really, really hope the ME will look so carefully at her, past the suicide assumption (if what we've heard rumored is true) make sure there's no way this was set up to appear this way. If she did take her life, then in a way it might seem that she indeed left "voluntarily" - but the family seemed so sure that she wouldn't have left her life without a word, that even if they're wrong and she struggled with things they weren't aware of, they deserve to have that investigated incredibly carefully.

I'm also really unhappy with the Search and Rescue mention that (paraphrasing) 'the family told us they'd searched this area, so we didn't search it ourselves'. The family isn't a trained search team, and there's no way Search and Rescue shouldn't have started at the family home and branched out from there and done a trained search of the area closest to the last place she was seen. I'm picturing Josh and his parents walking around the neighborhood calling for her, knocking on doors, asking people if they'd seen Leanne, looking in drainage ditches - that's the kind of search they could do. While Search & Rescue had dogs and manpower and the official credibility that might have convinced (for instance) elderly homeowners to let them do a quick search of their property FOR them. No way could Josh and his parents systematically have done that. So I hate that S&R never searched one of the most important areas because "the family already looked there". I think that's a HUGE lesson to be learned.

Finally, a tree trimmer was the last person who saw her - that has some kind of eerie resonance to it. Did we ever figure out which property the tree trimmer was working on? (eta: didn't mean to make that sound accusational - I don't think the TT did it)

I always find it interesting that we seem to WANT there to be a bad guy. We WANT some one else to have killed her ... for if she killed herself, then who can we be mad at? LE? The search team? The property owner? Surely SHE can't be the "bad guy" , so we try to dismiss the suicide.

I'll wait for official report, however many time with suicide they won't release details, so we may never know the details.

Leanne, I hope you are at peace. You are loved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back