TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's entirely possible.
My theory is that more than a few people in that complex know what happened to the girl, but remain silent.

Amateur opinion and speculation
If that’s the case, I’d assume the perp isn’t a local. Given all the families there, if many knew who it was - I doubt they’d knowingly leave their own kids at risk like that to someone in the complex. Moo

The recent murder of Athena Strand made me think of Lina. The Ft. Worth area is probably too far away to be the same perp, but it made me wonder if there was a delivery driver at the apartment complex when Lina went missing.

The recent murder of Athena Strand made me think of Lina. The Ft. Worth area is probably too far away to be the same perp, but it made me wonder if there was a delivery driver at the apartment complex when Lina went missing.
I too thought about Lina. I believe whatever happened to Lina could be similar to a delivery party, repairman, or a resident -- somebody that didn't raise any suspicion or look out of place in the car park at the apartment. I can't believe it's coming on one year since Lina vanished. :eek: MOO

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I sure hope LE is looking at other unsolved cases that fit his MO.

We are all asking the same question! What about Lina?

From the link:

“What about the little girl from our neighborhood? She was right here at the playground next door to my apartment. You never found her, but you keep finding all these other kids. Something don’t seem right,” McMikens said, referencing the investigation’s lack of evidence.

Abel Bautista lived in another complex but remembered the citywide search. He’s now worried about his own kids’ safety.

Bautista said he’s also worried about the lack of urgency in the community and from neighbors.

“Nobody’s saying anything. The way people are acting is like, ‘Everything is good,’” he said.

On Wednesday, leaders with the Islamic Center in San Antonio could not be reached for comment. At one point, they were offering a $250,000 reward for information to find her.

The family has recruited retired FBI agents with Project Absentis to help in the search.

"We've been knocking on doors, just talking to a number of people that have given us quite a bit of information," says Abel Pena with Project Absentis. "But still not leading to the whereabouts or what happened to Lina. And we're a little perplexed by that."

During a canvass by his team, they found an arrest in September 2022 that caught their attention.

"We learned that there was an individual, who used to live at the apartment complex that Lina lived at. And he was arrested for possession with the intent to distribute and promote child *advertiser censored*. We do not believe he still lives at that apartment complex."

The person is also someone known to Lina's family.

"The conversation I had with the family member was that he did know, the person that was arrested. Again, we're not pointing the finger at this individual," says Pena.

The family tells us they shared the information with the police and the FBI. But the person told the family no one had contacted him, so they asked Pena to check it out.

"He first mentioned Los Angeles, and he mentioned a city in central California that Lina was there," recalls Pena. "We made contact with the local police departments in the area. They had people on the ground while I had this person on the phone. It just did not work out. Did not establish that this person actually knew what he was talking about. But nonetheless, when somebody has information, if they come to us, we'll do everything we can to vet it. If it turns out that this information is good information, we'll take it to the police or the FBI."

Gosh, I remember the Amber Alert. I got several Amber Alerts for Lina that night. (I get tons of Amber Alerts anyway in Texas, cuz this state is so big!) I just knew it was not good. She was three...Disappeared while playing at her apartment complex.....(Most Amber Alerts are runaways, parental abductions, teens with "relationships" etc etc etc and the children are quickly recovered)

The family has recruited retired FBI agents with Project Absentis to help in the search.

"We've been knocking on doors, just talking to a number of people that have given us quite a bit of information," says Abel Pena with Project Absentis. "But still not leading to the whereabouts or what happened to Lina. And we're a little perplexed by that."

During a canvass by his team, they found an arrest in September 2022 that caught their attention.

"We learned that there was an individual, who used to live at the apartment complex that Lina lived at. And he was arrested for possession with the intent to distribute and promote child *advertiser censored*. We do not believe he still lives at that apartment complex."

"The conversation I had with the family member was that he did know, the person that was arrested. Again, we're not pointing the finger at this individual," says Pena.

The family tells us they shared the information with the police and the FBI. But the person told the family no one had contacted him, so they asked Pena to check it out.

"He first mentioned Los Angeles, and he mentioned a city in central California that Lina was there," recalls Pena. "We made contact with the local police departments in the area. They had people on the ground while I had this person on the phone. It just did not work out. Did not establish that this person actually knew what he was talking about. But nonetheless, when somebody has information, if they come to us, we'll do everything we can to vet it. If it turns out that this information is good information, we'll take it to the police or the FBI."
This guy is proof that possession of child *advertiser censored* needs to carry a sentence of life without the possibility of parole. I think that Lina was most likely abducted, sexually abused, and killed by this child-*advertiser censored* guy. If they had locked him up for life like they should have, Lina would still be alive and well.

This to me seems like the biggest lead we've heard of publicly. A man who lived at the complex, knew the family and therefore knew Lina, and has a sinister interest in children. I really hope Police are aware of the links to Lina and are looking very thoroughly at this person and his associates.

Anyone have any further info?

This to me seems like the biggest lead we've heard of publicly. A man who lived at the complex, knew the family and therefore knew Lina, and has a sinister interest in children. I really hope Police are aware of the links to Lina and are looking very thoroughly at this person and his associates.

Anyone have any further info?
No. But they say they do not believe the individual still lives at the complex...Huh, they don't "believe"? That kinda struck me as strange. Maybe his arrest record showed him residing there. Then, the PI couldn't find him when they went door to door? MOO MOO

DEC 20, 2022
In this episode of Unsolved SA, KENS 5 is taking a deep look at this case and how it has affected her family, the investigators and the San Antonio community.

As we look back at the last year, we hope to move forward and hopefully inspire answers to bring Lina home.

The full report is available in the video link below:

[...]

At one point, there was a person of interest, McManus says.

"I don't want to go into too much detail about that. But there was [a person of interest]. And all of the areas and individuals that have attracted more attention from us, we've checked them out thoroughly to make sure we were not missing anything. But right now, we're left empty handed."

[...]

MOD NOTE:

Quick reminder that we don't sleuth people not named POI by LE. This sounds promising but there are unfortunately an awful lot of people doing the one thing that never escalate to kidnapping or worse.

<Not-Mod Note - I sure do wish we'd have answers to this case>

December 20, 2022 marks the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of little Lina Khil. SAPD PIO, with the help of the Special Victim’s Unit, produced this video to highlight the investigative efforts, agencies and the communities help that have gone into this year-long investigation. Anyone with any information can call SAPD’s Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660 or Crime Stoppers at 210-224-7867. Crime Stoppers is offering up to $50,000 for any information leading to finding Lina. The Islamic Center of San Antonio is also offering a reward.

Includes video of Lina and it's pretty obvious that it is her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998