TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax Astro. Her name has been posted multiple times, and now that the story is in MSM, anyone can find her name.

The link was posted because the mothers name was Lori, and one of the children names was Jessica. Ngaio was inferring that the mother could have wanted to get away from her life considering two of her children burned to death.

The tone of some of the posts, and how other posters are treating newcomers is pushing me away.

Thanks, that's what I meant.
I think it's an interesting link...

Magnification of photos can do strange things as I have come to learn on Ws.
For example, in above pic. JDoe's forehead above eyes appears to be a faded scar of a cross or possibly it is even a little swollen from Botox injection and there appears to be slight beard shadow around the edges of her face and under chin. imo

NOT saying this is the case or that there is anything wrong with that.

From this posted by Lamblisa.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

I'm starting to pick apart the articles and take out opinions that are being posed as factual information. I just do not know how trustworthy any of her last day accounts are, when they come from people that from the tone of things - didn't get along well with LEK. The article is intriguing but it also has many negative things strewn about.

Me too. I reread the Seattle article yesterday and noticed that there are many things stated as "fact" that are never backed up... for example, the intro to the article mentions her being matronly, vegetarian, and wanting an Easy Bake Oven, yet those are not discussed again, even in quotes from the Ruffs. In fact, the reporter says that she was a vegetarian, yet goes on to give the example of LEK "eating in a hamburger joint" as a mystery shopper. Artistic license? Probably. But it really makes me wonder what other details that we've accepted as truth are just embellishments or rumors.

a7u6enuz.jpg

A younger version of her side by side. There is an actress I found that is D's half sister but is of mexican(?) decent also but facial features are similar.
yhydyvap.jpg

I will not post her name for privacy.

On the topic of her joining business women's group before her suicide.. Fact is most who "decide" to kill themselves, who plan it out, suddenly appear "happy" and better all of the sudden, due to the relief of having a real out. This was an personal observation of my own a few months before my father killed himself.(and the scientific community agrees) maybe she WANTED pics of herself in the paper if she was planning this. Just my opinion.

How sure are the police that it was suicide?

That's what *I* asked on the Seattle Times comments as well as how much of the story do we know that DIDN'T come from the Ruffs and that got the commend deleted and the reporter coming on telling us the Ruffs were " very nice". I simply asked that question because ALL of what we know about her came from the Ruffs and if Blake is "different" how sure are we that others in the family are not "different" as well? Not to mention, she got cremated. That may be what the Ruffs do or it may be because it was a bullet wound that took her life but that also looks a bit weird. How well was her death investigated before the cremation? What if her previous life "caught up" to her and someone from that life actually took her life? Just because the Ruffs are nice to the reporter doesn't mean that we can't ask questions. If we let the Ruffs "steer" everything, we might never find out who she was. After all, how successful have THEY been in finding out her true identity??

Could the debt to the pain management clinic be related to a parachuting accident?

The forehead in that photo does look a bit like recent botox. I'm thinking it could also be swelling from a bug bite. Or just extremely badly angled lighting which, because of her height, wouldn't be problem for most of the other people getting their photos taken there. It's a lot easier to raise a camera tripod than completely rearrange light stands and umbrellas, etc.

I find it pretty hard to believe a lifelong FLDS member would jump at exotic dancing a first career choice once out of the flock. Waitressing? Sure. Office work? If possible. Farm labor? Certainly. Stripping? Uh, not so likely to me.

Is it or was it possible to set up a P.O. Box without doing so in person at the time her box in Boulder was being used? Do we have any info on any other deliveries that may have been made to that box or people accessing it? If you could only rent one in person, I'm assuming she lived within a 3 hour drive of Boulder, NV at that time.

I haven't kept track of how many of the home addresses she gave were really places of business or fake in other ways, and I don't know how much money she was really earning through the years. She did seem to have medical work done, etc., etc. However, often the cheapest rental opportunities in a big faceless city is a small kitchenette in a motel. You can still get one I think monthly in most places for maybe the 400 range. It's really difficult to give the address info out, however. No matter how much on the up and up it is, it doesn't translate to business environments. She might have kept little in the way of belongings and stayed in motel situations likes these.

I haven't kept track of how many of the home addresses she gave were really places of business or fake in other ways, and I don't know how much money she was really earning through the years. She did seem to have medical work done, etc., etc. However, often the cheapest rental opportunities in a big faceless city is a small kitchenette in a motel. You can still get one I think monthly in most places for maybe the 400 range. It's really difficult to give the address info out, however. No matter how much on the up and up it is, it doesn't translate to business environments. She might have kept little in the way of belongings and stayed in motel situations likes these.

It's actually pretty common to use a business address for a "fake address". I know people who do work online who live in other countries and sometimes need a US address in order to participate on some sites. They will simply pick a city, pick a random business, and use that address. It's mainly for signing up for stuff online and not for receiving mail or anything of that sort. The types of businesses at these addresses may or may not mean anything. She may have simply randomly picked a business when she needed an address for a job application or some such thing.

Totally OT.... but every time I see Lori_TX post on a thread, I think "Ooooohh. Is that FLEK?" haha

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I have to say, I have not seen any resemblense to Lori of all the pictures and missing people/kids that have been posted here. She has a very characteristic look that would be easy to see

Re: LEK and the stripping. We have no proof that she ever stripped, correct? Just something her ex said in that article, I think.

It's so frustrating because we have so little to go on in actual facts. Now, we *assume* that she stripped, had a nose job, was a vegetarian, wanted an Easy Bake Oven, had ADHD/OCD/Tourettes, was a hand model, and didn't know how to care for a baby. All because of the Ruffs...

Hi everyone - I'm yet another person inspired to join by the Seattle Times story. I was sucked in and wound up reading the whole thread.

My own observations:

- Whoever LEK was before the BST/LEK reinvention, she knew what she was doing when she took on her new identity. I actually owned the Loompanics catalog, which I bought at a bookstore on Haight Street in San Francisco. It could also be found at the Anarchist's Book Fair. Zines, BBS's - they all had "How to disappear" instructions. If LEK didn't hire a broker, she had some way to get hold of this kind of information (which, again, could be as easy as going to the Anarchist Book Fair or walking into a leftie bookstore) and the sophistication to use it effectively. Which leads me to:

- Her age. Others in the thread have mentioned it, the detective on the case mentioned it, and I agree, that LEK was older than she claimed. She may have just aged poorly and rapidly towards the end of her life, but I have a surmise (I think you call it "mustarding," but forgive me) that she was born around 1963. A very famous Kennedy event - the JFK assassination - occurred then. Also, the name "Lori" with that spelling reached its peak of popularity in 1963 (it was #8). It had lost considerable ground by 1968/9. The website behindthename.com allows you to search names by popularity.

- Regardless of whether "Lori" was close to her real name, she would have wanted a name that wasn't too unique, I would think. It might have been chosen for its generic-ness, shortness and ease of spelling. For all I know, "Lori Kennedy" might have been made up out of popular first name in peer group + notable event in birth year (and thus easy to remember?)

- Cuban food. I was reading that and thought that would be an unusual food preference for someone not from New York or Miami. But then I remembered the Versailles chain of Cuban restaurants that opened up in the LA area in the 1980's:

Versailles Cuban restaurants in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Could this be a connection with Los Angeles? LEK liked Cuban food because she ate at the Versailles restaurants? If the "Cuban food" isn't a red herring, then this might be a place she developed a taste for it; Cuban food isn't that popular on the West coast compared to Mexican food or food from Central or South American countries.

- Her hands and feet. Someone noted way back in the thread that her hands might be the most likely way to track her. You can get plastic surgery on your face and body, you can cut/dye/perm your hair but you can't really do anything about your hands and feet. To judge from the Texas Women in Business pics, LEK had notably large hands and feet. She'd be the kind of person who would have a lot of trouble finding shoes to fit her in the pre-online-shopping era. She'd be complaining to her friends about finding shoes, and probably wouldn't be able to borrow or share shoes with her friends or fellow dancers. In her case, I would want to know if there was a long-missing woman who might have had unusual difficulty finding shoes to fit!

I have to say, I have not seen any resemblense to Lori of all the pictures and missing people/kids that have been posted here. She has a very characteristic look that would be easy to see

I agree. She has unique and distinctive features which would be easy to see in pictures of her that we haven't seen before. If you look at people's childhood photos, most of the time you can totally "see" that person in the face. It's been 30 years since I graduated and yet the folks I graduated with look pretty much the same in many ways to me. Just because a missing person has a similar hair color doesn't mean they "look like" LEK.

That's what *I* asked on the Seattle Times comments as well as how much of the story do we know that DIDN'T come from the Ruffs and that got the commend deleted and the reporter coming on telling us the Ruffs were " very nice". I simply asked that question because ALL of what we know about her came from the Ruffs and if Blake is "different" how sure are we that others in the family are not "different" as well? Not to mention, she got cremated. That may be what the Ruffs do or it may be because it was a bullet wound that took her life but that also looks a bit weird. How well was her death investigated before the cremation? What if her previous life "caught up" to her and someone from that life actually took her life? Just because the Ruffs are nice to the reporter doesn't mean that we can't ask questions. If we let the Ruffs "steer" everything, we might never find out who she was. After all, how successful have THEY been in finding out her true identity??

It is my understanding that she went to the Ruff's house (Blake's parents) Christmas eve morning to visit her daughter. She pulled up in the driveway and shot herself in the head. I can't remember where I found this info, but it's likely that I posted a link to it somewhere early on in his thread.

I don't think that someone from her past life caught up with her. It's pretty clear that her life was spiraling out of control and she pretty much lost her mind when Blake moved out. MO.

Glad you mentioned the 'bump' on forehead which also caught my eye, unsure if it was a very large blemish or not.
On another note, if not for autopsy results on Jane Doe, I would have suspected that she was transgendered and covering up for that.

BBM. I agree and keep leaning toward this idea.

There are so many variations on gender and sexual identity these days. Maybe she was born with a set of male and female organs, raised as a boy, then when she came of age she identified her gender as female and had surgery to remove external male genitalia?

Could this sort of thing be missed in an autopsy done 20+ years after the fact?

There was no autopsy done, but she obviously was not transgendered or a hermaphrodite. They have done DNA tests which clearly show if a person is male or female. Also she had a baby. A person needs to have all of the right female body parts to carry and deliver a baby. Even if that baby might have been conceived through in vitro fertilization. <modsnip>

It is my understanding that she went to the Ruff's house (Blake's parents) Christmas eve morning to visit her daughter. She pulled up in the driveway and shot herself in the head. I can't remember where I found this info, but it's likely that I posted a link to it somewhere early on in his thread.

I don't think that someone from her past life caught up with her. It's pretty clear that her life was spiraling out of control and she pretty much lost her mind when Blake moved out. MO.

I heard that too...but I wasn't sure anyone actually saw it happen. I hope they didn't, really, as that would be pretty traumatic for anyone. I simply asked questions about it because she had been cremated and pretty much the whole story came from the Ruffs. I think they acted kind of weird in some ways too...thinking the house was "booby trapped" and getting a senator or whoever involved instead of just hiring a PI or several of them who can help them figure out who she was. Not to mention the fact that Lori and Blake looked a lot alike to me, including both having dark features, hooded eyelids, and the same "teeth clenched" type of smile and that's a little bit strange too. It may simply be that Blake was a high functioning autistic who "took cues" from other people and learned to smile the same way his wife did. If he was "different" that may be why.

Lori3_zps9f87bd99.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member