TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are no serial numbers on the implants to tie them back to a doctor who knows who she is?

Can't find the post, but up thread it is stated that she received the implants as LEK.

Great idea otherwise!

Someone mentioned that her teeth look very different in the latest picture.
Wonder if she had these and a picture was taken without them being in. I did not know they existed.

http://snaponveneers.net/

If she had these removable veneers and had a nose job and implants her original appearance might have been so different that no one from her former life would recognize her picture as LEK.

there are no serial numbers on the implants to tie them back to a doctor who knows who she is?

Here is the quote from the article about the breast implants:
He learned from medical records that she had breast implants. And for a moment, Velling thought he had a solid lead — implants, he learned, have serial numbers, and serial numbers lead to doctors’ records. But it appeared she got them after she had become Lori. And besides, she was cremated.

You can read the whole article here: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

I just noticed on the passport application, she made all the "e's" like the ones in "these eyes."

I thought breast implants had to be removed before cremation. Was I wrong?

I am a funeral director and the only thing that needs to be removed before cremation is a pacemaker as the battery (or any other battery for that matter) would explode in the cremation retort.

I just noticed on the passport application, she made all the "e's" like the ones in "these eyes."

Interesting. Oddly enough, prefixed with a 213 area code (like several of the other numbers), the 650-8880 number leads to a photography company named Visages on Sunset.

Actually, it's a 323 number now. Hollywood switched over from the 213 area code in 1998, giving an end date for most of the sheet (in addition, Mountain Bell changed its name to US West in 1988, while Pacific and Southwestern Bell would survive for a while longer). Could she have pinched it from someone else? Could she have left it while shredding the stuff with actual information?

No she did not make all the "e's" on the application in capital letters. The only capital "E's" I see is where she wrote Erica and Entry (as in Data Entry for her occupation). Yes the E's are somewhat rounded, so similar but not the same.

Every E on the application (except maybe the one in "Germany") is that "sideways M", as opposed to the "elementary school print" lowercase e used on the jot sheet.

Every E on the application (except maybe the one in "Germany") is that "sideways M", as opposed to the "elementary school print" lowercase e used on the jot sheet.

You are right! I don't know what I was looking at before. Interesting finding. Maybe somebody else filled out the application for her? Or as EyesOnSunday stated, maybe it is an alternative personality or frame of mind.

BTW, I deleted my comment to avoid adding to the confusion that often happens here.

also... and I'm just blurting out thoughts just in case they connect with any other things anyone else has seen..... I somehow feel like the majority of the handwriting on that "scratch" paper is male. "These eyes" and the "402 months" seem female. Maybe she was living with someone, or that info was written by someone else and she took it?

ETA: looking closely, I can almost see where this piece of paper was folded in half. There's also a lighter circle with the number 8 inside it in the center if you turn your head to the right. If the paper was folder in half, and then folded in half again, this would leave the areas where "These Eyes" and "402 Months" are written showing. Did she take it somewhere? Put it in a purse or pocket and scribble on it later? Was it folded when found? Is the lighter circle and 8 I see written on the back? Just wondering...

notamisfit said:
Interesting. Oddly enough, prefixed with a 213 area code (like several of the other numbers), the 650-8880 number leads to a photography company named Visages on Sunset.

I *think* (no link) I read on the texas business women website that she was the photographer for some things, and her resume points to her doing photography for her "marketing executive" job from 92-98. Maybe she did some work for them?

On the photography trail, researching the address she used for her Idaho ID might lead you to one photography educator in town who was getting going in the mid eighties.

Which (free) service is preferable to try to find out the exact years someone lived somewhere? I am good with ancestry, but they are falling short with this address.

All MOO, of course

Oh no! I was speculating that JW might be in witness protection not FLEK. There is a odd note in JW's NamUs file that says additional information available that is not available to her public. I am so sorry to cause confusion.

Here is JW's NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4925/2/

Here is the Longview Unidentified, that are calling FLEK's, NamUs: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

While this looks like a totally different person to me, eyes completely different, nose, etc., I suppose there is some possibility she could have had some kind of facial surgery to change her appearance? Idk, seems a stretch, but maybe not.

I find this story particularly interesting because my great-grandfather (d. 1979) apparently did something similar. We only discovered recently that he had lived under an assumed identity for most of his adult life (the name we knew him by doesn't appear in any public records before his marriage, there's no record at all of his alleged parents, and the back story he gave my great-grandmother -- about being orphaned and raised by an Amish family -- has been shown to be untrue). My uncle has submitted DNA so we can try and figure out who he really was. I'll be watching this case for further ideas.

One more of CP and the younger looking LK. It's a shame there isn't a head on photo of CP.

They may not be the same person, but it's fair to say they are similar looking people: deep set brown eyes, upper cheek structure, facial lines when smiling, thin lips, chin. The way the eye sockets meet the cheek and nose are almost identical.

LK definitely had a (bad) nose job which seem to lead to it being offset to the left.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2021230770.jpg
    2021230770.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 295
I have seen a pic of BSTs grave. I would bet that it is a secluded place where LEK would feel comfortable browsing for a few hours with no one taking notice. Taking the GED under her
new ID, the multiple states, using BST as a cutout ID, LEK didn't miss a trick. If she had not taken her own life no one would ever have known. In a perverse sort of way I admire her for driving the government nuts.

Did the gravestone say she was born in CA? If not, it would have been a SUPER lucky choice to pick one that was interstate. Maybe she researched lots of different children's graves, but that would have been pretty time consuming, I would think. I'm still leaning toward the thought that she had second hand knowledge of BST or read the Oregonian article.

Moo

I'm not gonna lie, I've walked around many a cemetery in my day, just browsing the headstones, taking pictures of them or artifacts left behind by family members. I personally think the only way her possible cemetery browsing behavior would be considered weird is if she hung around the grave on a daily basis shortly after the girls died. Just IMO. I really do think she spent some time in Puyallup; whether she resided there, had a friend there or was soul searching there, idk. I can't remember the 80s because I was a toddler but I'm pretty sure a story like that would not have reached the east coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn