TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that article, where is the story about Lacey? Or was that just a commentary on the Seattle Times story by a reader?

The two quotes I posted earlier in reference to "Lacey" are just user comments on the story about LEK. I'm not sure why that user posted the article about those strip clubs closing down.

Could someone please tell me when the live chat will be? I'm in Europe, it's 8.50 pm now
Two hours from now. It is starting at 2:00 pm Pacific Standard time. 5:00 pm East Coast time.

I am not going to be able to view it, will somebody please try to take notes/highlights??

Two hours from now. It is starting at 2:00 pm Pacific Standard time. 5:00 pm East Coast time.

I am not going to be able to view it, will somebody please try to take notes/highlights??

Same here; I'll be stuck in rush hour traffic. Hopefully they'll put up a transcript

This is a quote of nphelli's post:
"We have a family member who did this. Stopped all contact with the family in the late eighties, early nineties. This story is similar, although, she would have been 53. She struggled with mental illness. She also was tall with dark brown hair. The only clues we have are that she changed her name to Lori. It would be good to know if it's her or not as her mother is battling breast cancer and it would be good for her to have some closure."​

FROM USER: nphelli

comment on the news story...

Has it been determined if breast implants were done before or after her marriage?

Has it been determined if breast implants were done before or after her marriage?

Not yet I don't think -- the only thing about her *advertiser censored* is that she got them under the name Lori Erica.

One thing that I repeatedly notice that might help with ID is in her early pix it appears she may have a cow lick. In three pix she has hair poking out on her left side.

gap in unemployment: waitresses I have known work under the table. Also cleaning people.

They checked family computers, nothing on her former life

Letter to the daughter opened... Wanting her to remember her and tea parties in the future. Nothing about past....

Idaho ID: at first they thought it was fake, but last month discovered it was valid but purged, but she had been in Idaho in the DMV in person for it 1988

...recent business group activities... Say best info is going to come from people who knew her long ago...

Websleuths lead on Cynthia perry mentioned, they are following up on promising leads and WS called a "vibrant community!"

Ben Perkins jr. Contacted and shown photos, investigator believed him when he said he did not know her. Disbarred for not following up on client needs....

Story will be featured on NPR this weekend when asked if the story has been publicized. It is on the AP wire...

Property owner of Boise home is being tracked down.....

... No dentals were run, DNA was obtained from mortuary samples of skin and hair. No autopsy

...tea parties of interest, reporter says, as well as mentioning some suspicion that she may have been Canadian

...mr Velling DID contact the family who lived at the Boise address in 1988. One son did not recognize her, but said he would show other family members.

... No one has contacted them that they KNEW her, but are following up on a few promising leads from the comments/suggestions

....no photo age regression done, investigator focusing on the 1988 photo

...fingerprints? Yes, photo on website

... No obvious accent, Velling believes she was raised on the west coast or northwest

...unlikely she was in any witness protection program

...mail drop in Nevada...he's not sure she spent time there, but her and J went through a second wedding ceremony in Las Vegas and returned home. No luck running her photo in Vegas, as she would have been there prior to dig photos

...passport... No overseas travel was ever recorded by dept of state

dNA is posted on Ancestry. It was checked against CODIS missing persons.

...her DNA lab results use SNP markers in her mtDNA and autosomal DNA?
...consistent with a female

...Impossible to check mental hospital records (privacy regulations)

I asked about prior SSA reported employment, but guess they don't want to answer it.

They said husband said she told him she played basketball in HS, but I'm not sure if I buy it. Seems anyone who's tall gets asked that.

She was physically in Boise, Idaho in June of 1988.

She may, or may not, have been at the address on El Caballo.

She may, or may not, have played high school basketball.

Anyone have a yearbook from a Christian college in Boise in 84-88???

I have several scenarios, mostly speculation; OK all speculation!. If she worked as a nanny for the family on El Caballo, she would not have a lease and would not need much income.

June, 1988, Boise and that's really all we know!

:banghead:

... Anything else hubby wasn't allowed to look at? Yes, the filing cabinet containing college records, nothing revealing

...they did find an application for federal student aid, but most of college paid for by student loans. On one application, she reported father graduated from HS but mothers education unknown

... Height discrepancies.. Hard to say...

.. Velling's gut feeling? She went to a rural cemetery, wrote down a number of dead children's names and then researched to find birth out of state records. When she found the one from CA, she got the cert., then name change, got the ss #, and was able to start her new life with a valid SS and new name not traceable to the dead child.

Mohagan@seattletimes.com email with any tips.

(PS.. They didn't post my question either...)

I managed to get two questions answered but they were minor and well... I was just getting started!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djfnc