TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard of this website before reading the ST comments section. I think what everyone here does is remarkable. I had to join your community just so I could tell you how awesome I think this is. I am really intrigued after going through countless threads and reading every comment regarding this Jane Doe. I hope I can learn enough to eventually contribute.

I had never heard of this website before reading the ST comments section. I think what everyone here does is remarkable. I had to join your community just so I could tell you how awesome I think this is. I am really intrigued after going through countless threads and reading every comment regarding this Jane Doe. I hope I can learn enough to eventually contribute.

Welcome to WS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

I have few questions (that I should know the answer to by re-reading so sorry in advance).

-How old is she believed to have been when she took on the BST identity?

-were fingerprints not required for documents in the 80's (such as SS cards and DL's) Or were they just not in a database? If she was well into her 20's I'm surprised she didn't have a previous DL somewhere.

-first point, She could have used an "information broker" of sorts. She did not need to be there in person.

I thought that too at first. However, from the web chat, we now know two more facts:

• She was in possession of a receipt for $11 for the birth certificate
  • The Idaho ID was definitely not a fake

An information broker would have to get birth and death certificates in advance to check the race of the mother and father. There would be no reason to pass the receipt on to her. An information, or document broker, would also be likely to deal in fake IDs and give people a complete 'new identity' package.

To me it seems more likely that she talked to someone, read how to do it somewhere or saw it on TV and did it herself.

Although record keeping was mostly paper in 1988, she would still want to travel out of her home state to get a new ID. Not doing so would be a needless risk after having gone to the trouble of finding a deceased child who was born and died in different locations.

Very high res version of the birth certificate including the receipt http://cloud.seattletimes.com/image/get/id/d8b98eb8-dab7-11e2-8535-2098e66ccbda.jpg

:welcome:
Don't have to wait to "learn" use your instincts!!!!

To me it seems more likely that she talked to someone, read how to do it somewhere or saw it on TV and did it herself.

This seems most likely to me as well. I mean, even applying it to a basic scenario: I buy a house and know nothing about maintaining a home. Sure, I can get somebody in to do odd jobs occasionally but unless I take the time to learn a bit about the basics I'm always going to be reliant on others to help out. If I knew I was going to be covering up my identity for the rest of my life, I'd want to make sure I knew all of the ins and outs and that would mean learning as much about it as possible. That way, you can prepare for any possible problems or difficulties.

This is such a fascinating case, it's exactly the sort of mystery that lures me in.

Did the gravestone say she was born in CA? If not, it would have been a SUPER lucky choice to pick one that was interstate. Maybe she researched lots of different children's graves, but that would have been pretty time consuming, I would think. I'm still leaning toward the thought that she had second hand knowledge of BST or read the Oregonian article.

Moo

No, it doesn't say birth or death place. Here is the gravestone: http://www.usgwarchives.net/wa/pierce/photos/tombstones/woodbine/turner20228gph.jpg

Interesting that it says she paid for w/check. Too bad it is probably too long ago to research.....seems the check would have had her real name on it right?

Good spot, I somehow missed that. Either it was signed as her real name or she used a check from someone else. I assume she did it via mail.

Here's the image to save others downloading the huge image:

attachment.php

Attachments

• d8b98eb8-dab7-11e2-8535-2098e66ccbda.jpg
    d8b98eb8-dab7-11e2-8535-2098e66ccbda.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 282
Any chance that Jackson H could be a hospital?

Jackson Hole, Wyoming?

Are we seeing a long-term mental illness, or a serious post-partum depression complicated by LoriBecky's identify changes?

Boise, June 1988. I usually have a great memory and am trying to remember coworkers from 1988 without much success.

High school teachers and coaches active in 1988 are retirement age now.

What else can we try??? :banghead:

TBH it seems to me like a lot of the answers to the questions were "we haven't talked to those numbers listed on her scribbly page... but we'll reach out to them." .... ???

There was never a link to any news story about a missing stripper named Lacey -- only comments from a user that posted in the comment section of the original article. The article posted is one from 2008 about how SPD shut down 4-5 strip clubs in Seattle for prostitution.

The Lacey girl is an interesting possibility, but unless they have more info on "Lacey" we don't even know what Lacey's real name was or have a picture, missing perso report?? Anything??

I really find her note page to be very interesting. There was a makeup artist listed and something called These Eyes, so I wonder if there was some truth in her story of being a hand model.

Also, by the Attorneys name it says records. I know they said that the Attorney claimed that he didn't recognize her, but I wondered how hard they pressed him.

I read in the comment section of the article that one of the numbers listed could belong to a library in Pa. I wonder what is so special about that library?

The Lacey girl is an interesting possibility, but unless they have more info on "Lacey" we don't even know what Lacey's real name was or have a picture, missing perso report?? Anything??

I think we just have word of mouth. I'd google "Seattle missing stripper Lacey 1988" but I'm scared of the results AND I'm at work. :X

Just speculating. Maybe she was running away from her past that might have involved stripping?

Maybe it got her into prostitution, and or other illegal activities such as drugs? Could have had a scary pimp, boss, stalker, etc.

Just speculating. Maybe she was running away from her past that might have involved stripping?

Maybe it got her into prostitution, and or other illegal activities such as drugs? Could have had a scary pimp, boss, stalker, etc.

That's why I like the stripper lead BUT essentially anyone could sit here and say "oh, I knew a prostitute back in the day who looked like her..." and we'd have no way of knowing it's true or not -- no proof.

I think we just have word of mouth. I'd google "Seattle missing stripper Lacey 1988" but I'm scared of the results AND I'm at work. :X

I felt stupid, but I googled that previously (incognito) without success. I will try again without the "Lacey" as there is a "Lacey, WA" which confuses results.

I felt stupid, but I googled that previously (incognito) without success. I will try again without the "Lacey" as there is a "Lacey, WA" which confuses results.

I think the hardest thing about this "lead" is that I seriously doubt anyone filed a "missing persons" report on a missing stripper. Especially if she told her closest co-workers what she was planning on doing. I think that industry is so fluid that strippers walk in and out of clubs all the time, so what's one missing one? The only way to flesh out that lead (har har) is to talk to the guy who has the "inside scoop." And hopefully they do that... I was disappointed to see they haven't researched or tried half the numbers on her scratch paper.

FWIW, While I didn't expect to find anything, I did search NamUs for anybody listed with the Nickname/Alias of Lacey. Also did a general search in Doe Network for the word Lacey. Nothing there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther