TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hardest thing about this "lead" is that I seriously doubt anyone filed a "missing persons" report on a missing stripper. Especially if she told her closest co-workers what she was planning on doing. I think that industry is so fluid that strippers walk in and out of clubs all the time, so what's one missing one? The only way to flesh out that lead (har har) is to talk to the guy who has the "inside scoop." And hopefully they do that... I was disappointed to see they haven't researched or tried half the numbers on her scratch paper.

I agree :)

I wish we could see those Arizona phone book pages mentioned in the article.

And, I'm sure no one thought to keep those trash bags full of shredded documents they found in her home.

It seems like she must have had some money, to be traveling from state to state, possibly paying someone to help her get a new identity, setting up her new life in Texas, I wonder if she stole or embezzled money from someone, and that is what she was hiding from.

http://www.raderfh.com/obituary/Lori-Erica-Ruff/Longview/877744

Not sure if anyone has posted her obit.

"A Christian memorial service for Lori Erica Ruff will be held at 11:00 am on Monday January 3, 2011, at the First Christian Church on 720 North 6th Street in Longview with Dr. Richard Emerson, Dr. Jim Lewis and Pastor Denny Gorena officiating. Lori died on December 24, 2010 in Longview.

Lori was born July 18, 1969 and lived in Scottsdale, Arizona, before moving to Dallas in 1987. She graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington in 1997 with a Bachelor in Business with a concentration in Marketing and owned a Marketing Research Company in Leonard.

Lori is survived by her precious two-year old daughter, Jessica Emily Ruff, husband, Jon Blakeley "Blake" Ruff; mother-in-law and father-in-law, Nancy and Jon Ruff; sister-in-law, Mary Darby, and her husband Miles Darby; brother-in-law, David Ruff and his wife, Martha; all of Longview, and her sister-in-law, Margaret Temple and her husband Lawrence Temple of Austin and many nieces and nephews.

Lori was a member of the Cornerstone Baptist Church of Trenton and also attended First Baptist Church of Leonard. Memorials may be made to the Children's Department of First Christian Church, 720 North 6th Street Longview, Texas 75601. - See more at: http://www.raderfh.com/obituary/Lori-Erica-Ruff/Longview/877744#sthash.zT2rx15i.dpuf"

The Breast Implants make me think that she was maybe a stripper and that's how she had the money to runaway. Maybe that life style lead her to find god.

I think we just have word of mouth. I'd google "Seattle missing stripper Lacey 1988" but I'm scared of the results AND I'm at work. :X

Hah. I couldn't find anything on this. I also searched for information on stealing identities and found a page under the heading "hobbies:bad ideas" !! :) my google history is scary.

They have had the Boise Info for only a month, (well the knowledge that it was valid) so hopefully he will be able to do more with that. I am confused on something. Wouldn't the I'd card have to be mailed to her home? If they found the family who was living there in 1988...and it was not her, she had to have just made up the address but found a way to get it from the mail. As another poster said, maybe as a nanny or someone else that would be around daily. I do hope maybe the other family members will recognize her. He said one son was shown the photo.

And what the heck was she shredding if the damning evidence was left in the box????

ETA: she was gone by July, so I guess the family he found could have lived there just the second half of 1988..

Alright, I've been following this, and a couple of things are bothering me:

1. Why is everyone assuming she received the Idaho ID in the mail? When I first got my driver's license in the early 1990s, the state of NC had those laminated cards for both IDs and licenses, and the DMV made them while you waited. Same day service. Someone from Idaho may have remembered they were mailed in that state, but if so I haven't seen that post.

2. To prove address, one typically has to bring a utility bill or similar with your name on it to the DMV. That has been standard in all the states I've lived in, from the early 1990s on. She wasn't a minor when the ID was issued. She had to have either (1) doctored a bill (which given her history is a real possibility), or (2) she had some connection to that house.

PS - from the Idaho Transportation Dept website:

What do I need to bring with me?
Proof of Idaho Residency—You must reside inside Idaho’s borders to be issued an Idaho driver’s license or ID card. Proof of residency can be shown with documents such as lease or rental agreements, utility bills, school enrollment records, etc. Your home address (where you live) cannot be your workplace, vacation residence, a part-time residence, P.O. Box, mail drop, or general delivery (that have been mailed to the applicant.) Please check with your local office to determine the acceptability of your documents.

And now this has me thinking - would the Idaho Transportation Dept have anything on file - like a copy of the document she brought to prove her address? Chances are it has been destroyed, but you never know. Idaho is not as heavily populated as some states, so perhaps they don't have as many records to store, which means they retain them longer?

1. Why is everyone assuming she received the Idaho ID in the mail? When I first got my driver's license in the early 1990s, the state of NC had those laminated cards for both IDs and licenses, and the DMV made them while you waited. Same day service. Someone from Idaho may have remembered they were mailed in that state, but if so I haven't seen that post.

Excellent point -- when I got my learner's permit in Virginia in 1999 they made it as I waited.

The most curious thing to me is why did she save this paper of scribbles? What is on it that is so important that it went into the lock box with the other stuff? I can sort of see keeping the old ID's and other stuff but a page of random notes?

Looks like this story is finally making its way to MSM. FoxNews.com is running it.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26/texas-woman-identity-remains-mystery-three-years-after-suicide/

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Except for ew, they should have had "email the ORIGINAL reporter" and not "email this woman who basically just copied and pasted the article."

Here's the answer to our "when did she get *advertiser censored*?" question!!! "Records gathered by Velling provide tantalizing clues. The woman received breast implants in 1991 and claimed to have suffered from bulimia in 1990."

I guess maybe I'm confusing myself. Are we assuming that because she had North Hollywood numbers written on her note page that she was actually in North Hollywood at some point?

Also, I know she had a G.E.D,, but how did she manage to get into college without high school transcripts?

Guilty of assuming it was mailed, here (since mine was). I do not think it has been stated anywhere that they were mailed or not. If she never was at the address, then her misspelling of it sure makes sense.

Glad to see it national!

During the chat yesterday, it was stated that the Idaho ID is valid but was purged so no application, no supporting documents.

Ahhh, walk-up service. Yep, fits nicely into the tangled web!

Another dead end! I am starting to feel the investigator's frustration. :banghead:

Whoever she is, her story is incredibly sad. I don't think she is/was a criminal - I think she just wanted to start over, for whatever reason. We'll never know it all, even if she is identified. However, Lori's child deserves to know who her mother was.

2. To prove address, one typically has to bring a utility bill or similar with your name on it to the DMV. That has been standard in all the states I've lived in, from the early 1990s on. She wasn't a minor when the ID was issued. She had to have either (1) doctored a bill (which given her history is a real possibility), or (2) she had some connection to that house.

PS - from the Idaho Transportation Dept website:

What do I need to bring with me?
Proof of Idaho Residency—You must reside inside Idaho’s borders to be issued an Idaho driver’s license or ID card. Proof of residency can be shown with documents such as lease or rental agreements, utility bills, school enrollment records, etc. Your home address (where you live) cannot be your workplace, vacation residence, a part-time residence, P.O. Box, mail drop, or general delivery (that have been mailed to the applicant.) Please check with your local office to determine the acceptability of your documents.

I thought she did just as you suggest (walked into the DMV and walked out with the ID). But, I have been very curious about her connection to the El Cabello street address she provided. And, as someone else mentioned, it seems quite a coincidence the property owners have ties to Washington and Idaho... but maybe that's all it is... coincidence.

I thought she did just as you suggest (walked into the DMV and walked out with the ID). But, I have been very curious about her connection to the El Cabello street address she provided. And, as someone else mentioned, it seems quite a coincidence the property owners have ties to Washington and Idaho... but maybe that's all it is... coincidence.

The misspelling of the street name on the Idaho ID has always made me wonder - did she spell it incorrectly on her doctored "proof" of residence (if that's in fact what she did), or did the clerk issuing the ID simply make a typographical error? I guess it's of no consequence, but yet another curious detail to this maddening mystery.

And don't even get me started on her handwritten notes... those are driving me insane.

I think we just have word of mouth. I'd google "Seattle missing stripper Lacey 1988" but I'm scared of the results AND I'm at work. :X

I googled it and there wasn't anything I felt comfortable clicking on even at home!

The misspelling of the street name on the Idaho ID has always made me wonder - did she spell it incorrectly on her doctored "proof" of residence (if that's in fact what she did), or did the clerk issuing the ID simply make a typographical error? I guess it's of no consequence, but yet another curious detail to this maddening mystery.

And don't even get me started on her handwritten notes... those are driving me insane.

IMO the A is too far from the O to be a typographical error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74