TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great timeline!

I've wondered about adding "obtained mail box in Boulder City, NV" but I guess we really don't have a certain date for that :(

It is in there fred&edna, third point on the list. "Late 1980’s – Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada". According to the "Jane Doe: a quick description" list on the Seattle Times article she had that PO Box in the late 1980's.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone think that there is any importance in the name she chose herself Lori Erica Kennedy?

I don't know why but I think it IS very possible the entire name or at least parts of it were important.

Along the same lines, I found this ST comment (by zwingli) interesting:

There is a Lori Kennedy in her 40's who lived in Prescott AZ and now lives only a few miles from 7101 El Caballo in Boise and who also lived in Utah. Who knows, maybe her new name meant something to her when she picked it, family connection or just the internet capitalizing on randomness?

It is in there fred&edna, third point on the list. "Late 1980’s – Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada". According to the "Jane Doe: a quick description" list on the Seattle Times article she had that PO Box in the late 1980's.

Thank you. I'm not sure it's important for the timeline, but now I realize she had the PO Box before marrying Ruff.

The way I look at it is that you never know when some little tidbit of information might be important. I opted for adding what has been reported, rather than putting a filter on it.

I don't know why but I think it IS very possible the entire name or at least parts of it were important.

Along the same lines, I found this ST comment (by zwingli) interesting:

There is a Lori Kennedy in her 40's who lived in Prescott AZ and now lives only a few miles from 7101 El Caballo in Boise and who also lived in Utah. Who knows, maybe her new name meant something to her when she picked it, family connection or just the internet capitalizing on randomness?

Might have been important, might also have been picked out of a phone book. Would be interesting to see if the LEK in Boise recognizes her picture. My money says no. She seemed too painstaking in creating the identity to use a name connected with her past. But it has to unravel at some point, so maybe this will be the break.

I think the Boise newspaper has picked up the story off the AP wire, so I would imagine she knows about it by now. I hope well meaning weirdos are not calling her and knocking on her door.

I don't know why.... just a hunch... but I think if we ever find out, her real middle name will start with an "E." The new name she chose for herself with middle initial "E" and then named her daughter with the middle initial "E." She worked so diligently on Blake's genealogy because she hated hers, or either didn't have one to speak of. She wanted differently for her daughter.

Another reason I think she is older than she states is her daughter's name choice. (I don't want to put it here...) First and middle name are names common to the late 70's/early 80's. I believe she was of childbearing age around those times, and named her daughter the name she had always dreamed of. The name choice would be rather uncommon in 2010. MOO

• Claimed she was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died.

Struck me as an oddly specific thing to fabricate. Why 'failed' ... you'd normally use those words if you harboured some kind of resentment. It's a strange choice of words to describe an imaginary person.

Maybe she really was the daughter of a failed stockbroker.

Seems she wouldn't elaborate on her past, where she lived etc, yet named not only a profession but how successful he was at it when asked about her father. She could have said "he worked in an office" and kept it generic like all the other information.

'Failed' for a stockbroker I guess means racking up huge debts making bad trades or running a Ponzi scheme. If you run with the idea that she was talking about her real father for a second, him destroying the family name by malpractice would be a good reason to want a way out and a fresh start.

@ClaireNC .. to add to your list: she was a vegetarian.

Very good point on her child's name, T4Tide! I was born in 1959 and have suspected all along that she was probably about my age based on the age progression of the photos and the clothes/hair styles in the various pictures. I gave birth to my children in the late 1980's (when I was 26 - 29 years old) and the names she chose for her daughter were very popular at that time. Not so popular in 2008, when her daughter was born.

Edited to respond to Nickynoodles^^.

Keep in mind that the words "failed stockbroker" were the words of the reporter that wrote the story, not necessarily FLEK's actual words. "Back in the day" before stock trading was all computerized, being a stockbroker usually meant that you were rather well off. (Keep in mind that there was a bit a of financial crush in the US in 1987, when many stockbrokers suddenly found themselves suddenly broke). She tried to pass herself off as being from a rich family, so she might have gone through the list...Doctor, Lawyer, Stockbroker... Doctors and Lawyers require public knowledge of degrees. Stockbroker, would be a logical choice. GWIM?

I have added vegetarian to the list.

Struck me as an oddly specific thing to fabricate. Why 'failed' ... you'd normally use those words if you harboured some kind of resentment. It's a strange choice of words to describe an imaginary person.

Maybe she really was the daughter of a failed stockbroker.

Duh, there was a financial crash her in the US in 1987.

I was a young-enough young adult that it took NickyNoodles comment to remind me!

And, I worked at a savings&loan at the end of the '80's, another phase of that financial storm. ( I can operate most any shredder available in the US then. )

IIRC, brokers literally jumped from buildings on Wall Street.

Yeah, NickyNoodles, you have one great idea here!

Laughing

On the other hand, maybe she was a movie fan:

Hiding Out In High School, 1987

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093186/

A stockbroker hides out in high school while waiting to testify against a mob boss. The stockbroker claims to be from Texas.

Wall Street, 1987

Wall Street (1987 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlie Sheen's character becomes a cutthroat broker following the example of Michael Douglas. Charlie's character cheats his own father, played by Charlie's father Martin Sheen.

Oh, Boise, please remember this woman!!! :banghead:

That was the address she used on her application for the LEK Social Security card, not birth certificate. What makes you think it is a business address?

On another point, has anybody checked into the company names and towns listed on her resume? I have not.

Because all the other places that must be located nearby are business. It must be a multi-story building or some sort of complex.

Looking up a few numbers on the scribble sheet: One number came back as Sayco Air Conditioning and Repair in Arizona. http://sayco.com/contact-us

This company has been in business for ~60 years. Will try to find an old phone listing to see if this has been the phone number for a long time.

Perhaps someone worked at this phone number who she knew and/or was trying to help LEK form her new ID.

602 used to be the area code for all of Arizona until around 1995. The scribble sheet must have been written late eighties or early nineties.

In Ancestry.com I found the following addresses for Lori E. Kennedy with DOB 7/18/69:

3146 Hudnall St., Dallas, Texas 75235
14400 Statler Blvd, Fort Worth, Tx 76155
2436 Harwood Rd. Apt. 387, Bedford, Texas 76021

and...this one I am not so sure because it comes back as a business when I googled it:

Lori E. Kennedy (DOB July 1969)
1111 W. Airport #147, Irving, Texas 75062 (phone number 355-0747)
then it lists:

200 Bear Creek Dr. Apt. 219, Euless, TX 76039 (1995)
P.O. Box 543344 #219, Dallas, TX 75354
3901 Oakridge Ct. Apt. 3815, Fort Worth, TX 76155 (1993)
P.O. Box 810, Euless, Texas 76039 (1995)

In Ancestry.com I found the following addresses for Lori E. Kennedy with DOB 7/18/69:

3146 Hudnall St., Dallas, Texas 75235
14400 Statler Blvd, Fort Worth, Tx 76155
2436 Harwood Rd. Apt. 387, Bedford, Texas 76021

and...this one I am not so sure because it comes back as a business when I googled it:

Lori E. Kennedy (DOB July 1969)
1111 W. Airport #147, Irving, Texas 75062 (phone number 355-0747)
then it lists:

200 Bear Creek Dr. Apt. 219, Euless, TX 76039 (1995)
P.O. Box 543344 #219, Dallas, TX 75354
3901 Oakridge Ct. Apt. 3815, Fort Worth, TX 76155 (1993)
P.O. Box 810, Euless, Texas 76039 (1995)

I'm wondering if she used those private mailbox places.

This caught my eye in the expanded timeline:
• She was very religious
• She was a vegetarian

This may be neither here nor there... (and as I type it sounds like a stupid question/observation, but who knows...) there is a university in Washington State that is religious and vegetarian, Walla Walla University. It is 7th Day Adventist, which had caught my eye and the only reason I know that many in that religion are vegetarians. So could she have been a 7th Day Adventist originally?

http://www.sdada.org/position.htm

p.s. Two of my immediate family members are vegetarians, so I know it doesn't usually have anything to do with religion.

Yes... Well, I don't mean she knew it when it happened, but might have known of the tragedy. For instance, I am aware my husband's grandfather's brother died at age 12 in a freak accident with a plow. I wasn't around, or alive.... but I heard family members tell the stories. Not saying it is the most probable, but it still is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, that is what I mean, you knew the boy on a personal/family level, not just some random kid from your city that you had no ties to, or you would not have remembered.. that is why it could be a good clue, unless she bought the info..

Ok, here is a picture from the surviving child of the fire's (Terri Jo Turner dob 2/15/67) high school year book on Ancestry ... 1983 San Antonio California Eagle Mountain HS. Look at the smile, the hands.. her name is Kim Burrer and she was a Freshman in 83... the SMILE, the HAIR, the HANDS, the EYES!!
I am going to do more research on this girl and see if she dropped off the face of the earth in 1988..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86965940@N05/9153988413/

and look for her class pic, frontal pic... I hope the link works... she could be her twin - BIG TOOTHY GRIN... I put a link above , I don't think the picture was showing up, not sure what I did wrong..

What is the link between TJ T and the person in these pictures that you call KB? The picture does look similar to FLEK, but I don't see how they link to the case. Are you assuming that FLEK is younger or older than the sister TJT? Most accounts put her as older than the claimed birthdate of 1969.

What is the link between TJ T and the person in these pictures that you call KB? The pictures are not showing up in WS, but do certainly look like a match.
This girl KB went to high school with the sister (TJT) that survived the fire.. and was closer to Lori Kennedy/Jane Doe's age...sister born in 1967 - But if my research is correct and I am not an Ancestry expert, this girl KB married in 1993... but I am not 100% the Kim that married in 1993 is the same KB yet, but probably is... which would mean in 93, she was not missing... :banghead: She looks so much like the Boise ID photo, more than anything I have seen so far... I am crushed...:please:

Ok, here is a picture from the surviving child of the fire's (Terri Jo Turner dob 2/15/67) high school year book on Ancestry ... 1983 San Antonio California Eagle Mountain HS. Look at the smile, the hands.. her name is Kim Burrer and she was a Freshman in 83... the SMILE, the HAIR, the HANDS, the EYES!!
I am going to do more research on this girl and see if she dropped off the face of the earth in 1988..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86965940@N05/9153988413/

and look for her class pic, frontal pic... I hope the link works... she could be her twin - BIG TOOTHY GRIN... I put a link above , I don't think the picture was showing up, not sure what I did wrong..

- this resemblance is particularly astonishing to me. If this was not 'our girl', I would think a sister! Very interesting. Her mouth and lips/teeth are there.. The dark eyes and brows... Looks like a young happy fresh Lori Kennedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther