TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys hear me?

There is a brand new profile on MyLife created to appear as KWJ. KWJ is linked to AL on several sites. Her name was Kim Werner Johnson. Someone just now made this profile... To throw us off? Strange since I just posted the mylife info on A laciner. Be careful with any new stuff. I believe we have a person on this board who is new that is giving is false info.

Did you guys hear me?

There is a brand new profile on MyLife created to appear as KWJ. KWJ is linked to AL on several sites. Her name was Kim Werner Johnson. Someone just now made this profile... To throw us off? Strange since I just posted the mylife info on A laciner. Be careful with any new stuff. I believe we have a person on this board who is new that is giving is false info.

I'm soooo confused.

I'm new but since I dont know what "my life" is.........hopefully I'm clear.

I don't think it is her. Whoever did it accidentally put male instead of female. I really can't find info on the real one.. It's strange.

Mylife is the new name of Reunion.com

My guess is either someone is just a jerk, Or we are making someone nervous. Either scenario works for me.

This forum is now coming up in Google on Page One for the name Lori. Let's hope there are some searchers for that name who come across this forum.

Lori in Google

That is great news! It also comes up at the top if you search Lori Ruff or Lori Kennedy. Earlier today I was searching for Buckeye Pilot images and kept getting hits to WS as well.

2021230760_zps7e866f53.jpg

BuckDip_small.jpg

The same Buckeye Pilot certificate?

Interesting thought. I wonder if the Buckeye Pilot certificate was also forged. I don't know why somebody would want to do that, but there are things on the certificate that are "off".

The typeset/font used to print the name "Lori Kennedy" and the words "Solo Flight" are different than the typeset/font used for the dates. Also note that the form of the certificate itself says "Solo Flight of a Buckeye Powered Parachute at ________." But whoever attempted to fill in that blank wrote September rather than a location. The certificate form goes on to say: "on this ____ day of _____, of 19__." (That last part was filled in with 7th day of September, 1996.)

I did some searching on Buckeye Pilot certification and found it basically means took 1 to 2 hours of instruction. The only other image I could find of that same certificate is the one Ngaio posted earlier today.

Does anybody remember how typing/word processing was done in 1996? I know we had a PC and I think an early Inkjet type printer. But some people were still using the old style electric typewriter.

There's no stamp or seal on that certificate which in itself is a tad odd.

moo

I can't think of any reason to forge it because you don't need a license to own and operate a Buckeye. The whole thing is so totally random in the first place.

My memory of 1996 was that we had big laser printers at the office, but no one had them at home. We had Microsoft word (Windows 95) at that point, but it would have been very hard to align the printing to fill in a form. I think I was still using a typewriter for a could more years but only to fill out forms.

I can't think of any reason to forge it because you don't need a license to own and operate a Buckeye. The whole thing is so totally random in the first place.

My memory of 1996 was that we had big laser printers at the office, but no one had them at home. We had Microsoft word (Windows 95) at that point, but it would have been very hard to align the printing to fill in a form. I think I was still using a typewriter for a could more years but only to fill out forms.

That is how I am remembering 1996, too. I think we might have had an early InkJet printer at home hooked up to the PC, but it was hard to line up printing to fill in a form. We didn't have scanners to scan in a document and edit it on the computer, or the software that would enable that.

She did mention that she was into photography and might have been using an Apple computer, which could explain some more graphic friendly software than most PC users.

Did you guys hear me?

anyone can read this forum without being a member. I joined so that I could post on the topics, but I read all the topics before joining. so, if it is someone messing around, there is nothing to indicate that it is an actual forum member

also, I just wanted to point out that the name Kim could be a male (you said that the person put male instead of female on the MyLife thing). I went to school with a guy named Kim.

That is how I am remembering 1996, too. I think we might have had an early InkJet printer at home hooked up to the PC, but it was hard to line up printing to fill in a form. We didn't have scanners to scan in a document and edit it on the computer, or the software that would enable that.

She did mention that she was into photography and might have been using an Apple computer, which could explain some more graphic friendly software than most PC users.

1996 was well into the age of laser printers -- I believe inkjets were just starting up but more expensive.

in any event, the information added to this certificate would have almost certainly been done on a typewriter in 1996. if you didn't reprint the entire certificate, then it would have been a typewriter.

the two septembers are, i'd guess, a typo in the case of the first one.

the lack of seal means little, i think -- what would the seal signify? what agency?

i'd still guess the reason this item was released were the the name of the witness who signed and to job the memory of others who might have taken the course. the instructor seems to be very easy to find and i'd imagine he's been interviewed.

According to the live chat held with the Seattle Times and some other information we have gathered, it doesn't sound like they have interviewed many of the people tied to the evidence presented.

Regarding the seeming "lack" of investigation some have mentioned....I would imagine Mr. Veiling has many many cases, some if not most of which involve significant financial fraud...this one is probably far down on his list as there is no indication- so far - that FLEK defrauded the government in a significant way.

Since we don't know if the family has hired anyone to dig into FLEK's background, and since the police have no reason to investigate her death, seems like it is up to us Web Sleuthers to try to untangle the web!

^^ I agree OC Lady, this case is way down on Mr. Velling's list of priorities. He even stated that fact. I think the big key to determining her true identity is to get the story out to national media. Somebody, somewhere has to know her.

Today, I read about a drug case that gave me some ideas why a young woman might have had to disappear quickly in the 80s. From 1986-early 1988, an American man named Brian Peter Daniels, who lived in Bangkok (and owned a strip joint there), devised a plan to distribute very large amounts of pot throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia. With the help of friends in several countries (some, ex-military), he succeeded in becoming the largest pot distributor of all time (moving 42 TONS in one shipment alone). The pot was brought, by ship, to the Pacific Northwest and distributed throughout the entire West Coast. One major base of operations was a ranch in Bakersfield, CA. The money was laundered in Reno, NV, which is where things unraveled after the arrest of the primary money mover. The entire syndicate was eventually dismantled, with the help of several key informants. People who played peripheral roles in this ring (and their families) were also affected. A couple of people who the feds wanted to speak with, disappeared. I could see a young woman who perhaps only dated one of the "small fish", having to take off.

If they were really desperate for some ideas they could run her dna through the system that tells what family's have the closest dna matches. I think they did that for the guy benjamin (John doe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member