TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then don't pick a fight. I replied to your personal message you sent. oh, and you spelled behavior wrong.

Easy Linda....AND Sherwood.

And Linda, it is "behaviour" up here in Canada. Just like, "my neighbour's behaviour is weird."

And Linda, it is "behaviour" up here in Canada. Just like, "my neighbour's behaviour is weird."

yes m'am. Our borders separate and I am not educated on Canada just yet... but you know you are my favorite Canadian.

I promise to be nice...and learn more about Canada. I do have an old military friend who married a Canadian and they moved back there. I will have to drill her for the scoop..most of her stories are about snow. ;)

O.K., I'll behave. I'll be a nice Canadian :truce:

HS, if you ever want to make cha-ching for all your researching skills, come on out here, now is a great time of uprising and certain groups could really use your skills!

Any chance she had fertility problems because she was likely more close to 45 when she got pregnant? She was supposedly 40 when she had her daughter, (if she was born in 1968). If she lied about her birth year, that would put her age >40. It is hard to get pregnant at that age, statistically speaking. If she was actually older, perhaps her fertility problems were due to her age, and not an underlying condition. :twocents:

I certainly hope all is well everyone (above posters), as we try together to find out who FLEK is as a group. I think we all do a fantastic job and continue to enjoy WS ..together, because that is what make WS so great.
Despite researching non victims/ family members who shall not be named... I feel we've done a terrific job on the up and up and for the deepest respect for all families involved in this case.

I am Canadian! btw....Nothing like a little Canadian humour on mild winter's day... eh?

O.K., I'll behave. I'll be a nice Canadian :truce:

HS, if you ever want to make cha-ching for all your researching skills, come on out here, now is a great time of uprising and certain groups could really use your skills!

I try my hardest you use my gifts and skills to earn extra money as a SAHM. I sometimes feel like, outside of my child's activities, I am one of the busiest 'unemployed' people that I know of. But maybe not....I also recently undertook selling Jamberry Nails (which I LOVE) and writing a column in a local newspaper.

I sent you a pm.

I think we made up. Right Sherwood?

I would like to say "sorry" to the forum for a couple of things. First, I am very interested in this case and really enjoy spending time here. I am sorry for making it a bit uncomfortable with personal posting yesterday. Sometimes this feels like "my" case and I get defensive. That sounds a little crazy right? Maybe I just miss investigating for a living..

Second, I have been guilty of posting "sloppy". I sometimes post without backtracking to check facts. Honestly this is due to my crazy busy schedule where sometimes my post times out before I can finish it due to multiple interruptions. However that is not really an excuse, as it derails the research sometimes. I will be more diligent in the future.

Finally, there are some FINE people on this board who do awesome research and stay within the guidelines of posting. I have always been a maverick in that area, and it is VERY hard to reign it in. It was my weakness as an investigator, and I had to be very careful not to break the law. There really is soooo much red tape when you are on the good guy side and your resources are limited...

one thing to remember however, is a good investigator follows EVERY lead, no matter how off the wall. You would be surprised how things sometimes are connected.

Thanks to all for putting up with me, especially the Canadians.

ps.. where the heck is Astrokitty?

Any chance she had fertility problems because she was likely more close to 45 when she got pregnant? She was supposedly 40 when she had her daughter, (if she was born in 1968). If she lied about her birth year, that would put her age >40. It is hard to get pregnant at that age, statistically speaking. If she was actually older, perhaps her fertility problems were due to her age, and not an underlying condition. :twocents:

HI! Yes is is suspected that she was older. The chances of naturally conceiving a child dramatically falls off after age 35 per statistics, but can happen. Lots of older moms can do IVF or egg donation. The investigator has not shared detailed information that he may or may not have on this issue.
Quoted directly from below referenced resource:

What things increase a woman's risk of infertility?

Female fertility is known to decline with—

Age. Many women are waiting until their 30s and 40s to have children. In fact, about 20% of women in the United States now have their first child after age 35, and this leads to age becoming a growing cause of fertility problems. About one-third of couples in which the woman is older than 35 years have fertility problems. Aging not only decreases a woman's chances of having a baby but also increases her chances of miscarriage and of having a child with a genetic abnormality.

Aging decreases a woman's chances of having a baby in the following ways—
Her ovaries become less able to release eggs.
She has a smaller number of eggs left.
Her eggs are not as healthy.
She is more likely to have health conditions that can cause fertility problems.
She is more likely to have a miscarriage.
Smoking.
Excessive alcohol use.
Extreme weight gain or loss.
Excessive physical or emotional stress that results in amenorrhea (absent periods).

Resource:
[url]http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/Infertility/Index.htm[/URL]

Of course there are studies that say the opposite, but egg quality has shown to decline with age ( you are born with your eggs you will have for life, so they get "old", but really its much more complicated than that)

I think we made up. Right Sherwood?

I would like to say "sorry" to the forum for a couple of things. First, I am very interested in this case and really enjoy spending time here. I am sorry for making it a bit uncomfortable with personal posting yesterday. Sometimes this feels like "my" case and I get defensive. That sounds a little crazy right? Maybe I just miss investigating for a living..

Second, I have been guilty of posting "sloppy". I sometimes post without backtracking to check facts. Honestly this is due to my crazy busy schedule where sometimes my post times out before I can finish it due to multiple interruptions. However that is not really an excuse, as it derails the research sometimes. I will be more diligent in the future.

Finally, there are some FINE people on this board who do awesome research and stay within the guidelines of posting. I have always been a maverick in that area, and it is VERY hard to reign it in. It was my weakness as an investigator, and I had to be very careful not to break the law. There really is soooo much red tape when you are on the good guy side and your resources are limited...

one thing to remember however, is a good investigator follows EVERY lead, no matter how off the wall. You would be surprised how things sometimes are connected.

Thanks to all for putting up with me, especially the Canadians.

ps.. where the heck is Astrokitty?

~~ I don't know where Astrokitty is but I have a question for you....
Regarding your friend who resembled FLEK :) where are we with that? He was going to have his DNA done?
Thanks!
Peaceout!

~~ I don't know where Astrokitty is but I have a question for you....
Regarding your friend who resembled FLEK :) where are we with that? He was going to have his DNA done?
Thanks!
Peaceout!

without putting too much info out there ( i am restricted on one side of this, but not the other)...
both sides want a DNA test.. the family DNA is "sitting in ____ " right now.." being tested against "someone"per person that knows stuff about the situation. I hate talking around stuff...see why I am a maverick?!

This confuses me because I thought once you ran the profile, it was like a photocopy to be stored and could be compared via computer...but I did not press the issue. I am not a lab geek ( oh how I wish I was)

My friend is slightly hesitant because he is worried about his adopted mom getting upset ( or investigated)...so see where its sticky...

I will contact him today and see where he got with the adoption records issue..I was on vacation last week and really didnt speak to anybody but imaginary characters and my family....lol
I would be over the moon if he was a match.

I have a theory and I'm sorry in advance if I'm putting it in the wrong place or if it's been discussed but there's just so much in these threads!

We know that FLEK ordered her BST birth cert in 1988, but how do we known she assumed that ID in that year? Perhaps shes lived her life thus far as BST and she orders her birth cert for whatever reason and discovers in fact that her parents or whoever raised her gave her that false ID... now she's pissed so she goes and changes her name to LEK bc she wants to own her own identity... and spends the rest of her life trying to find out who she really is?

She's ashamed by the whole thing so she is private and standoffish. And she keeps her research in a lockbox in the closet and asks her husband not to look. And it haunts her her entire life until she can't take it anymore.

I have a theory and I'm sorry in advance if I'm putting it in the wrong place or if it's been discussed but there's just so much in these threads!

We know that FLEK ordered her BST birth cert in 1988, but how do we known she assumed that ID in that year? Perhaps shes lived her life thus far as BST and she orders her birth cert for whatever reason and discovers in fact that her parents or whoever raised her gave her that false ID... now she's pissed so she goes and changes her name to LEK bc she wants to own her own identity... and spends the rest of her life trying to find out who she really is?

She's ashamed by the whole thing so she is private and standoffish. And she keeps her research in a lockbox in the closet and asks her husband not to look. And it haunts her her entire life until she can't take it anymore.

That's a really interesting thought... not one I've seen put forth before, but I'm not fully read up on all threads. I'll be very curious to hear what others who have done so (or have a more encyclopedic memory) might have to say.

tcg

It came up when my sister and I were chatting. We have an... Interesting fami,y history. My grandmother was raised by her grandparents but the woman she thought was her older sister was actually her mother. He real mother died quite young so they never bothered to tell my grandmother the truth, but she came across some documents early in her life and kept the secret until just before she died at age 84, purely bc she was ashamed of being illegitimate. Then, as an adult, she gave one of her three daughters to an aunt to look after when money was tight and, well basically never went back for her. So these things do happen. And I can see how it would be very emotionally trying to live like that.

To me this would explain why she bothered keeping the box rather than trying to cover her tracks completely. It also explains her over-the-top attitude with her own child.

That's a really interesting thought... not one I've seen put forth before, but I'm not fully read up on all threads. I'll be very curious to hear what others who have done so (or have a more encyclopedic memory) might have to say.

tcg

I'm a newbie and this is just my opinion but I think it's more likely she is someone that was reported missing, someone that has been overlooked or talked about. Though she may have never been reported missing at all.

I think it is more important to rule people out at this point. Some ideas being expressed IMO are a little far fetched. Even though anything is possible.

The idea that FLEK might not have known her own true identity is an interesting one. It would explain the weird notes and the fact that she kept them in the strongbox with the BST stuff.

tcg

I REALLY like the out of the box thinking on this! Bravo! Yes in my family we had a cousin who's real mom had a nasty drinking problem and he was "adopted" by his aunt at age 2.5. The family knew but was forbidden to tell him and nobody ever talked about it. The real mom never spoke a word about it ( she moved away)...I wonder if he knows now?! ( this was a distant cousin, and this fam lived about 4 states from us)

This is the best theory I have seen on this case so far. It's common sense, it *makes* a lot of sense, and it explains why she still kept some info on her previous life around, rather than disposing it. It also explains why none of the missing women we've looked at are particularly great matches--she was never reported missing.

If you look at it this way, FLEK isn't the mystery. The mystery is why her parents gave her a fake identity. And there are many possibilities for that.

and it makes sense that it seemed like SHE was the one searching for something when you look at the notes page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK