TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming everything was legal and above board? The car(s) could have been cash purchased privately and no paperwork involved?

That isn't legal though?

You have to officially have the title transferred, and (at least in my state) register for a license plate in your name.

Was she overly bothered by legalities? Assuming there was nothing legal about using Becky Sue's identity either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recently, we have had threads about live-in employees, hired to care for children or older people. We know of the stories -- The Nanny Who Wouldn't Leave and Mystery Disbarred Attorney -- because things went wrong.

If, and it's a big if, Lori lived with a family in exchange for child care or elder care or pet care or even house sitting, she could have had access to cars for those years. Maybe that's why someone brought her stationary from an exotic hotel?

Don't ask me how this fits in with that exotic dancer bit....

It's in the one article on her. Washington Post IIRC. Just waking up

I found the answer to the DNA. Pretty sure it's also been uploaded to 23andme.
One of the 3 articles also had a chat (link below) where agent Velling said a lot more

She stole another’s identity, and took her secret to the grave. Who was she?

Searching deeper

Velling obtained samples of her DNA and had it compared to the genetic material in other databases. No match. More recently, he entered it into a nationwide archive of missing and unidentified persons, called NAMUS. He also made an entry on ancestry.com, a genealogy website, hoping that, at some point, her DNA would find a family match.

Rewind: Live chat about the Jane Doe case

Unless we believe that she actually lived in boulder city NV and Boise ID in 1988, then she prob drove to those places. Also how did she get to TX? Did she drive there? Most people drive. So I'm wondering about the Honda corp. financed car that was named in the bankruptcy in 1997. If she purchased it with a trade in, then is there any way, through DMV records or whatever, to find out the previous owner of that trade in? Who was it registered to? because that would have had to have been her previous identity before she was Becky Sue. (Assuming she used the car to drive to the PO box in boulder city that she used as an address when getting the fake Becky Sue ID.) In fact, in order to trade it in for the new Honda, she probably had to pretend to sell it first to her new identity or do a title transfer of pink slip or something through the DMV from her old (real) identity to her fake new one (Lori). But maybe there was no other car. Maybe she rode buses and public transportation everywhere? How can we find this out? Who has access to old TX Dept of Motor Vehicle records? The only other possibility I see (to her owning a car under her real ID or taking public transport everywhere) is that there was someone else involved who's car she drove. Most likely a boyfriend. And I have suspected that all along. Isn't there always a man involved? Especially when there is a boob job.

I actually think that she may have had a previous assumed identity while living in California and /or arizona and/or Nevada. I also think that former assumed identity could have been Jennifer Perkins (from the notes page). I found two deceased infants by that name in the right age range. Just don't know where I can get with it from there. In any event, if you're looking for a previous vehicle, it could have been in the name of a Jennifer Perkins if in fact that was a previous assumed identity. Just a few thoughts.

Recently, we have had threads about live-in employees, hired to care for children or older people. We know of the stories -- The Nanny Who Wouldn't Leave and Mystery Disbarred Attorney -- because things went wrong.

Don't ask me how this fits in with that exotic dancer bit....

If, and it's a big if, Lori lived with a family in exchange for child care or elder care or pet care or even house sitting, she could have had access to cars for those years. Maybe that's why someone brought her stationary from an exotic hotel?

Do any of you think it might be possible that she worked for Chung Chu Stalder/Jennifer Chu Stalder at some point? It looks like C.C. Stalder (if it is the same Stalder) did have trouble with the government while she was the owner of her business in California. Did C.C. Stalder and her husband have a son? If so, was FLEK possibly friends with their son? They would be close in age.
If FLEK is hiding her identity, I don't think she was tell people she worked at Stalder's business knowing that Stalder had been disciplined by the government.

Okay, another possibility. I was watching investigation discovery or some show tonight. A murder in North Las Vegas in 1986 along with a string of rapes. Conviction in fall of a1987. Now, I can't find any articles online about this part, but on the show, there is a woman named Geraldine (no last name given) who was a kind of girlfriend of this murderer/ serial abductor and rapist. Get this: she became his girlfriend when he tried to abduct her. She didn't report him and they started a relationship. She cooperated with the police; as did the perp's sister. It's the timing 1986/87, and the geography and this mysterious woman that made me think if FLEK. Would like to know Geraldine's last name. Can't think where to look online except to try to find all of the court of appeals opinions to see if she testified. Anyone want to help?!!! Here's a link to an article that has the perp's name etc.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/crime-courts/feeling-pain-three-times-over:

We may find some other gems here: http://vegasmurderwatch.com/nvdr.html

We looked at California and Texas crimes, thought I'd look at Nevada.

Just trying to catch up but Lori's inlaws sound like a nightmare.

Just trying to catch up but Lori's inlaws sound like a nightmare.

FLEK was a nightmare for them. The family was looking out for the wellbeing of their son/brother. In the end their suspicions of FLEK proved to be correct.

FLEK was a nightmare for them. The family was looking out for the wellbeing of their son/brother. In the end their suspicions of FLEK proved to be correct.

I agree. If I tried to welcome someone into my family and she was evasive and refused to talk about her family or past, I would be suspicious. I'm a very reserved, introverted person and even I will offer up some information about my family and my experiences.

I may just be jaded, but I've known someone who created a whole fictitious life and had many names (once you started probing, you could figure it out). There was lying, cheating, crime, manipulation—everything. I see a *lot* of similarities with FLEK and with my experience.

Okay, another possibility. I was watching investigation discovery or some show tonight. A murder in North Las Vegas in 1986 along with a string of rapes. Conviction in fall of a1987. Now, I can't find any articles online about this part, but on the show, there is a woman named Geraldine (no last name given) who was a kind of girlfriend of this murderer/ serial abductor and rapist. Get this: she became his girlfriend when he tried to abduct her. She didn't report him and they started a relationship. She cooperated with the police; as did the perp's sister. It's the timing 1986/87, and the geography and this mysterious woman that made me think if FLEK. Would like to know Geraldine's last name. Can't think where to look online except to try to find all of the court of appeals opinions to see if she testified. Anyone want to help?!!! Here's a link to an article that has the perp's name etc.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/crime-courts/feeling-pain-three-times-over:

We may find some other gems here: http://vegasmurderwatch.com/nvdr.html

We looked at California and Texas crimes, thought I'd look at Nevada.

FYI and as a follow up, I could not find Geraldine's last name in any of the court of appeals opinions. I could not find anything on Geraldine's last name in any of the court of appeals opinions.

My theory on why "Lori's" ex-boyfriend mentioned she worked at a gentleman's club & had a lot of problems (according to him) is

1) it was a simple way to refer to a sort of lifestyle that many cocktail waitresses and exotic dancers live...substance abuse, using men as sugar daddies, and coasting from relationship to relationship for different reasons. This is a very easy way to "live off the grid" (boyfriend pays bills, provides housing, puts name on car notes & other government paperwork.)

2) people who survive childhoods full of abuse and neglect often spend decades recovering from the damage. "Lori" may have not realized her personality came off so badly to the boyfriend who ended up talking to reporters after she died. She probably spent all of her years before being married to Blake in a "Survivor Mode" mentality.

I entered in the address in Boise, ID listed on the Becky Sue Turner ID, and it's an actual house. This makes me wonder if the landlord of that house from the late '80s could be tracked down and asked about who was living there at the time. He would possibly have the name of FLEK before she became BST or at least might provide some kind of clue/more info.

My gut feeling is that mental illness is at the heart of this. Childhood abuse and/or criminal activity in addition to the identity theft, perjury, fraud, etc. that we already know about might have intensified whatever paranoia she felt and helped shape the person seen by Blake's family and friends.

I noticed that her doctor felt she was untruthful about her age and at least one source mentioned that she had multiple miscarriages prior to becoming pregnant with her daughter. Has anyone explored the possibility that FLEK may have given birth to living children prior to her marriage to Blake Ruff, and in fact may have been a noncustodial mom? At least one fake miscarriage could have been used to explain away the physical changes that would have occurred to her uterus as a result of a pregnancy prior to FLEK & Blake's relationship.

If she lost custody of her child(ren) in the 80's and she reinvented herself, it might explain her extreme attachment to her daughter. By 2003 that child would be at least 14 and could show up at any moment. By her separation from Blake Ruff a few years later the fear of losing custody of another child could have been too much to bear.

I entered in the address in Boise, ID listed on the Becky Sue Turner ID, and it's an actual house. This makes me wonder if the landlord of that house from the late '80s could be tracked down and asked about who was living there at the time. He would possibly have the name of FLEK before she became BST or at least might provide some kind of clue/more info.

Hi D.O.V. , before you go looking into more info for that address, there was a series of posts over several months ago about connections to the Boise, ID address. I can't seem to find what thread it was under, but if you are able to find them, it might help answer some questions you have. Sorry about not being able to provide the link right now.

Hi D.O.V. , before you go looking into more info for that address, there was a series of posts over several months ago about connections to the Boise, ID address. I can't seem to find what thread it was under, but if you are able to find them, it might help answer some questions you have. Sorry about not being able to provide the link right now.

I think that discussion was in the general discussion thread. I can't find it right now either. We were able to track down the owners of that house through property tax records. It was owned by a family and they lived there during the time FLEK claimed to live there. The investigators did interview the homeowners (or maybe it was the children of the homeowners) and they had no knowledge of Becky Sue Turner or anybody else matching the description.

I think that discussion was in the general discussion thread. I can't find it right now either. We were able to track down the owners of that house through property tax records. It was owned by a family and they lived there during the time FLEK claimed to live there. The investigators did interview the homeowners (or maybe it was the children of the homeowners) and they had no knowledge of Becky Sue Turner or anybody else matching the description.
Oh wow. Didn't know about any of that. She just picked a random street address then....this is crazy.

IMHO (I just lurk here)
The fact she was so obsessed over the baby makes me think of a loss on her part. Weather it was accidental or on purpose the fact she was afraid and didn't want the family near the baby makes me think maybe she had a husband or ex take her children away? Is there a way to look up adoption records or people looking for their parents?

I'm sure these things have been mentioned numerous times, sorry for the repeat.

Also, the fact she was looking up the 400+ weeks makes me think she was nervous of the identity theft, for a first offense it can result in up to 5 years but usually 1 (depending on severity) and a fine. However, if this was not her first offense the penalty can go up to 30 years or 400+ months. Maybe the key is to figure out how to look for historical identity thefts, in or around the surrounding area?

I had an epiphany today. Mockingbird in Dallas is the road Love Field is on.. It's the smaller airport that Southwest flies out of... Could she have been a flight attendant?! That would explain how she traveled, and she could have maintained separate fake IDs in different states that way, but working under her real identity!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74