Not open for further replies.
The contact info is in the flyer they link to:

Joseph J. Velling
Special Agent in Charge
SSA Office of the Inspector General
(888) 250-4172 ext 18417 wk
(206) 553-1002 fax
Joseph.Velling@ssa.gov

I would love to call, but I honestly have severe telephone anxiety and am hoping someone else will be kind enough to lol. :silenced:

Just a thought, in the notes, the "40" looks just slightly different in size to the "2 months". So Maybe it means 40, in 2 months. Wouldn't someone say 33 1/2 years rather than 402 months?

Bill

BTW

"402 months"

LA Times June 25, 1988 says Hoban gets 27 and 6 for good behavior and time served. 27 + 6 = 33. 396 months.

Hoban had served Jan 1984 to June 1988. 54 months. 324 + 24 + 54 = " 402 "

The paper with the 402 months on it looks so much like scrap type papers I have had when applying for jobs and setting up bill payment arrangements. Most people don't keep those for long, so its probably something more...but what? Why keep it? Anyway, the 402 months looks similar to a "pay 40 for 2 months" type of arrangement to get caught up on a bill. But...who really knows for sure?

Just a thought, in the notes, the "40" looks just slightly different in size to the "2 months". So Maybe it means 40, in 2 months. Wouldn't someone say 33 1/2 years rather than 402 months?

Bill

I think it says 402. Look at all of the other places she wrote 2 in her paperwork. I would say that I've worked for the same company ten years rather than 120 months. I agree. But, google sentenced 120 months. I think using months to describe a length someone sentenced is common.

Here's a guy that was sentenced to a maximum of 402 months exactly....

http://articles.mcall.com/1984-12-05/news/2441580_1_sentencing-guidelines-co-defendant-robbery

Convicted of rape in Bethlehem, PA in 1984. So 402 months could be a prison sentence...

A jury on Feb. 9, 1983, found Torres, a native of Cuba, guilty of forcing his way into a Bethlehem apartment, robbing two occupants at gun-and knifepoint and raping a 19-year-old woman.

Grifo fixed Torres' term at 201-402 months

I've been thinking of the possibility that when she left her old life, she used the PO Box to keep in contact with one person. So, I thought of two possibilities:

1. She left/changed identities because she was afraid of something.
2. She left/changed identities because she was ashamed of something.

I really don't think she left due to simple debt...its a lot easier to file bankruptcy than to do what she did. And she filed BK later, so its not like she was unaware or opposed to it.
Afraid- could be she committed a crime, stole $ from drug dealers, was the victim of a crime and was afraid due to testifying (the rape article above?) - something along those lines. Fleeing an abusive husband even. Maybe she used the PO Box to receive letters from one trusted person (like her mom). Maybe her whole family knew why she left so never reported her missing?

Ashamed - maybe she had a child and put it up for adoption (back in the 80s being unmarried and pregnant could be a much more shameful experience than today, especially depending on her family, maybe she abandoned the child as a newborn somewhere even. If she put the child up for adoption, sometimes the adoptive parents would agree to send yearly updates to a PO box with pictures, etc. Maybe Ben Perkins set up the adoption?

My only question with this would be, where did these letters etc go? Maybe she was paranoid enough to destroy them, maybe she had them in a safety deposit box, maybe they got lost when she moved. Maybe she set up the box and no one ever sent anything.

I couldn't find any info on what exactly she received in the box, so this is all guesses obviously.

The other possibility I thought of is that her name really was original LEK, but she was homebirthed, homeschooled etc (like the girl in the news recently) and had to get documents in order to be "legal" so she did it in a scammy way. If this was the case though, I would think it wouldn't be something worth hiding...it isn't shameful and no one would care.

Back to the idea of losing a child previously -

With the breakdown associated with marriage troubles and her child/custody problems...I am leaning toward the trigger event being something where she either lost or gave custody away (voluntary adoption, CPS taking custody, leaving husband due to abuse and losing kids, maybe abandoning a newborn somewhere) This would be a defining moment in anyone's life - and maybe it was enough to make her want to just start fresh and new with a brand new name...then when she had in laws being too inquisitive, she got paranoid. When her marriage split up - more paranoid. Custody issues - full fledged breakdown. Perhaps she had married Blake because he seemed easy to control/non threatening and it backfired because of his family. Maybe she was back at square 1 that she had tried to overcome for 20 years (being shamed by losing a child/called unfit?) So she considered her options - start over again? So much harder now - she was older, much more sophisticated technology now/harder to get away with id changing - she didn't want to do it again. Deal with things as they were? She didn't feel she could. So, the only option was to end it all.

I think that tracilynne0822 means strange because iirc, Flek enjoyed Cuban food. That's just off the top of my head though.

If you google the guy's name he was a DJ. He was interviewed for a newspaper after his building caught fire in the 80s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think she was ever reported missing. I personally think at least one person from her former life knows she left intentionally. They may not know have known why or exactly what happened to her after she left, but they wouldn't consider her "missing", at least not involuntarily.

There is a facebook profile with the name Lori Ruff and location of Leonard, TX. Every few weeks the person changes the profile/background pic, it’s usually something with a crude saying. I’m sure it’s nothing actually related to this case but I wonder who it is and why they decided to use LEK’s info for a facebook profile.

This was in my news feed tonight... I kinda gasped at the similar looks! Possible stories started swirling in my mind... She was found in PA....

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-carbon-county-beth-doe-20141129-story.html#page=1

7145f4bf376a40e5a6b3ed2a3b9c9a0c.jpg

if I remember correctly wasn't Beth Doe pregnant? why do you think they are connected Linda9681?

There is a facebook profile with the name Lori Ruff and location of Leonard, TX. Every few weeks the person changes the profile/background pic, it’s usually something with a crude saying. I’m sure it’s nothing actually related to this case but I wonder who it is and why they decided to use LEK’s info for a facebook profile.

I noticed a FB profile for Lori Erica Ruff a while back. I posted about it, post #492.

I looked again, I see one profile but it now shows Virginia and the profile says it cannot be found?

Like you, I'm confused as to why anyone would use her name and sometimes use details that match with FLEK's life? It's very strange.

if I remember correctly wasn't Beth Doe pregnant? why do you think they are connected Linda9681?

The physical resemblance caught my eye. I still believe FLEK was LOOKING for someone per the way the notes page is laid out and its content . The Pennsylvania connection ( however vague) .. Could this possibly be a relative?
abb571e5f74f411c431457e996c24c51.jpg

Last seen date is 9/88, however someone wanting to go missing could get all their paperwork together in advance of actually leaving. I can't find a photo of Rebecca Ferguson. I did find some newspaper articles that stated family members speculated she disappeared voluntarily, possibly to go into the witness protection program or for other reasons.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/7350

Rebecca sounds promising I mean if you are going to steal an identity BST why not get the same name ! though it shows her from Alabama, you would notice an accent if she was from there originally do you know if Rebecca was from there?

I can't find much info on Rebecca, but I have known people from that area and not everyone from AL has a noticeable accent...it depends on where in AL and the family's speech patterns also. Plus, FLEK was very determined to change her life...I can see her deliberately changing her speech. Actresses do it for roles all the time, so its possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member