TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another strange thing I just noticed is the posts about FLEK's business are dated 2005 but the blogger's profile says she has only been on Blogger since 2007. So strange. Blogger allows you to back date posts as well to make it look like you have been blogging for years. You can start a blog today and enter a year's worth of posts from 1998 if you want to. But I can't come up with any motive for that on the part of this blogger...Surely by 2007 those mystery shopping jobs had expired, why post them years later? Unless Lori was trying to make her business look credible to her husband's family. IDK, I'm at a loss to explain this strange blog. I looked again at all the posts on the blog Lori's business was posted on. There are other people's mystery shopping ads dating back to September 2004. Why would there be posts from 2004 on a blog started in 2007? 2004 would have been Lori's first year of marriage.

That would explain an odd fact about her online business that I noticed when I constructed a timeline of LEK's businesses, but didn't think it worth mentioning. Snipping from my notes:

* August 2003 thru September 2005 – Releases emails from TexasRecruiter@consultant.com recruiting for mystery shopper & product surveys
* January 5, 2004 - Marries Jon Blakely “Blake” Ruff in Denton County, Texas. Her name is now Lori Ruff. (Certificate #117737)
* 2004? - Obtains Texas driver’s license using married name Lori Erica Ruff. (Texas driver’s license)
* 2005 – “Told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – a claim Velling doubts.” Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XRBSHfZm
* 27 January 2007 – The email address listed on her resume csengineer2002@yahoo.com appears on a genealogy forum requesting information on the Ruff family history. http://genforum.genealogy.com/ruff/messages/825.html
* 26 July 2007 – The domain name “aneyefordetailconsulting.com” is dropped. http://www.justdropped.com/drops/072607com.html
* July 2007 thru August 2008 – LEK releases another series of emails (this time from studyrecruiter@verizon.net) recruiting for mystery shopper & product surveys

What is odd is that she worked her "mystery shopper" consulting for a couple of years, dropped it for over two years, then worked it for another year before she apparently put it back on hold when she had a baby in September of 2008. If AR had backdated her blogs on Blogger as a favor to LEK to make it look as if she had been in the business for a few years & give her some credibility in a business that is known to be sketchy, that might explain it. But then we have the problem that LEK had a website supporting her business for a few years until 2007.

It also doesn't help that archive.org apparently removed their captures of "aneyefordetailconsulting.com"; my old links to archive.org's captures don't work & searching for that website there returns nothing. (I wonder if the Ruff family asked them to remove that site, out of concern for their privacy.) Or my websearch skills are crummy as usual.

The other possible explanation is that when Blogger's servers were migrated to Google-operated servers & Blogger accounts were merged into Google's existing system, the original date she started her account was replaced with the date a Google account was created for her. And IIRC, Craigslist opened a subsection for her part of Texas in 2007, so maybe she transferred her attention to ads on Craigslist instead of posting on web forums & spamming people, which explains the gap between September 2005 & July 2007.

ETA: It's a Texas bank reporting the missing funds from 2014 so I wonder if that is what she had in her business banking account when she died. Sad.

I've flirted with a few of the ways to make money from online opportunities, & while it's definitely possible to be an online entrepreneur & get rich (e.g., have an income-producing blog), it requires a lot of work & online self-promotion that doesn't appear to be promotion, & one can still end up making very little because it comes down to needing a bit of luck too. While LEK strikes me as being hard-working, she lacked the smarts & social skills to make her business work (her logo for her "An Eye for Design Consulting" is practically creepy), & like most never had the luck to make the big bucks.

Still $800 is more than I was ever able to make from online entrepreneurship, so she was doing better than she might have thought.

I can still see a few pages of "An Eye For Detail Consulting" at archive.org
There are currently 13 captures of it between Jan 16, 2004 and May 20, 2006. The links in 2006 just have bar that says "page not found" but the links for 2004 and 2005 open up to a page with a scrolling text that says "Welcome to An Eye For Detail Consulting"

On 10/27/1997, an "assumed name" was filed by a Lori Kennedy to use the "assumed name" of Kennedy Lori. Unfortunately, there is no associated document to view. There were multiple Lori Kennedys in the area beside FLEK, but it could have been her filing.

https://roamdallaspropertyrecords.com/

What was FLEK doing in October of 1997?

On 10/27/1997, an "assumed name" was filed by a Lori Kennedy to use the "assumed name" of Kennedy Lori. Unfortunately, there is no associated document to view. There were multiple Lori Kennedys in the area beside FLEK, but it could have been her filing.

https://roamdallaspropertyrecords.com/

What was FLEK doing in October of 1997?

She filed for bankruptcy Feb 21, 1997. Could that entry be related to her bankruptcy case?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but the court order and the SSN application were typed. The part of the court order that was not typed was the date and the order number. So it was typed up before the court date, likely handed to the judge to sign right then. (Another clue that this occurred...the court record has Becky spelled wrong..but the order does not. Had the court been going off of the petition, they would have spelled the name wrong. This was typed by someone who knew the actual spelling.) I have been in court before where this was done when the order was to be simple and standard such as an uncontested divorce. (For complex/unique orders, they would have been typed up and signed later on, and would have included the date typed as well as the order number typed.) Also the SSN application was typed. I have had to get replacement SS cards and you go into the office and fill out the application by hand. They do not type it for you. Did she have access to a typewriter or did she really buy these documents ready to go from a broker? Did she carry one with her from Boise to Dallas? Did libraries have typewriters back then? If so, why go to a library to type the SSN application? The court order I could see doing..but the SSN app would be much easier to just write out by hand. She did not type the passport application 2 years later, interestingly.

What website was her business on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that 'Jennifer' is significant here. I also found in one of her survey marketing forums that she used to frequent, someone was promoting FLEK's services a little too over the top.... so much so, I am guessing that was FLEK trying to generate credibility and interest for her business under the name Jennifer M_____.

Big Big Forums

I can only find one post pertaining to Lori on those forums: http://www.bigbigforums.com/reward-...5-275-uv-study-many-needed-carrollton-tx.html

Are there more that I would find if I created an account there? The user who posted that study claimed to be a man named Tom.
He also posted one of Lori's studies here:
http://www.afullcup.com/forums/deal-graveyard/66235-200-blemish-study-carrollton-tx.html

He was missed on the BBF in 2012: http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/664633-what-happened-tsquared.html

But when I do a google site search of BBF using his username I cannot find any posts by him after 2009.
Is this the user you were thinking could be one of Lori's forum socks?
How does the name Jennifer fit. Direct me to the posts of Lori's business if you can. Thanks!

ETA: Not sure why my quotes posted out of order but he middle quote was first, then the top one.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but the court order and the SSN application were typed. The part of the court order that was not typed was the date and the order number. So it was typed up before the court date, likely handed to the judge to sign right then. (Another clue that this occurred...the court record has Becky spelled wrong..but the order does not. Had the court been going off of the petition, they would have spelled the name wrong. This was typed by someone who knew the actual spelling.) I have been in court before where this was done when the order was to be simple and standard such as an uncontested divorce. (For complex/unique orders, they would have been typed up and signed later on, and would have included the date typed as well as the order number typed.) Also the SSN application was typed. I have had to get replacement SS cards and you go into the office and fill out the application by hand. They do not type it for you. Did she have access to a typewriter or did she really buy these documents ready to go from a broker? Did she carry one with her from Boise to Dallas? Did libraries have typewriters back then? If so, why go to a library to type the SSN application? The court order I could see doing..but the SSN app would be much easier to just write out by hand. She did not type the passport application 2 years later, interestingly.

I don't think anyone has noticed those things before. Great attention to detail, milky mama! Her letter of reference was also typed.

I just put some lines from her SSN app and the letter of reference side by side for a comparison. This may be a minor detail, but I'm pretty sure looking at the two type samples that the letter of reference was done on a computer. Look how smooth and uniform the letter of reference letters are compared to the typed SNN application parts. This is important because it is an undated letter. I had been thinking she got the letter from whoever helped her in 1988 but now I think she made it up herself much later to explain a gap in her past.
attachment.php

Attachments

• typing comparison.png
    typing comparison.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 242
I have emailed the blogger so will update if I hear anything. On the one hand I don't hold out much hope since none of the other people I've contacted relating to this case have replied to me - however, the fact that she is involved in criminal justice hopefully means she at least has an interest in seeing mysteries get solved!

But when I do a google site search of BBF using his username I cannot find any posts by him after 2009.

If you click on the user's name in one of his posts, a popup window will appear with the options of "View user profile" & "View user posts". Click on the latter choice, & you will be presented with a list of some of his 27,700+ posts, starting with his latest. Looking at a few, they seem to be of the "I found this way to save some money" sort of postings.

If you click on the user's name in one of his posts, a popup window will appear with the options of "View user profile" & "View user posts". Click on the latter choice, & you will be presented with a list of some of his 27,700+ posts, starting with his latest. Looking at a few, they seem to be of the "I found this way to save some money" sort of postings.

Thanks! I was trying to avoid joining that forum. Actually, I tried to register there and couldn't get the answer to their random question correct--the name of the website. Since you seem to be a member, can you tell us if he posted after 2010? And did he post anything else of Lori's? It sounds like you are saying I've got the wrong user though. Can anyone link me to the other business posts by Lori Ruff on there?

I feel like we need a separate thread that lists all of FLEK's online activity (including screen captures of her website) since some of these things keep getting lost in the big threads and rehashed. I've tried to start a few new threads and they have not been approved. So if someone with new-thread-posting-abilities starts one I will make new screen shots of what is left of her website on archive.

Thanks! I was trying to avoid joining that forum. Actually, I tried to register there and couldn't get the answer to their random question correct--the name of the website. Since you seem to be a member, can you tell us if he posted after 2010? And did he post anything else of Lori's? It sounds like you are saying I've got the wrong user though. Can anyone link me to the other business posts by Lori Ruff on there?

I'm not a member. Never heard of the website before yesterday. I just followed one of the links you posted & clicked on the name of the poster, & followed the other steps I described.

I looked over the first 3-5 pages of his posts on BBF, & they were as I had described: almost entirely posts of URLs to visit if you wanted to save money. I suspect he made other kinds of posts since there was that thread about people missing him after several months of silence; IMHO posting the equivalent of free coupons on a frequent basis isn't how one makes friends. I was unable to see more than his last 200 posts, but got bored of him before I reached that limit. (I can't help picturing him as a lonely shut-in, & posting to BBF was his entire social life. How else would he find the time to make 27K posts?)

Anyway, AFAIK he only made one post about Lori Ruff, so he might have absolutely nothing more to do with her case. Maybe HerStory can drop a few crumbs & point us to the person she found there. If that person wasn't the one we're talking about.

I'm not a member. Never heard of the website before yesterday. I just followed one of the links you posted & clicked on the name of the poster, & followed the other steps I described.

I looked over the first 3-5 pages of his posts on BBF, & they were as I had described: almost entirely posts of URLs to visit if you wanted to save money. I suspect he made other kinds of posts since there was that thread about people missing him after several months of silence; IMHO posting the equivalent of free coupons on a frequent basis isn't how one makes friends. I was unable to see more than his last 200 posts, but got bored of him before I reached that limit. (I can't help picturing him as a lonely shut-in, & posting to BBF was his entire social life. How else would he find the time to make 27K posts?)

Anyway, AFAIK he only made one post about Lori Ruff, so he might have absolutely nothing more to do with her case. Maybe HerStory can drop a few crumbs & point us to the person she found there. If that person wasn't the one we're talking about.

Weird, when I clicked on his user name it said I had to be a
member of the forum to view his posts. Regardless, I finally managed to answer the question right and joined that forum.
He did indeed stop posting in 2012 with no explanation. The posts he made in 2011 and 2012 indicate he wasn't FLEK.
Although he could have known her, I don't think he's the user we are looking for. I hope he is ok, whoever he was.

I'm still trying to find other posts about Lori's business on those forums.

I can only find one post pertaining to Lori on those forums: http://www.bigbigforums.com/reward-...5-275-uv-study-many-needed-carrollton-tx.html

Are there more that I would find if I created an account there? The user who posted that study claimed to be a man named Tom.
He also posted one of Lori's studies here:
http://www.afullcup.com/forums/deal-graveyard/66235-200-blemish-study-carrollton-tx.html

He was missed on the BBF in 2012: http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/664633-what-happened-tsquared.html

Is this the user you were thinking could be one of Lori's forum socks?
How does the name Jennifer fit. Direct me to the posts of Lori's business if you can. Thanks!

ETA: Not sure why my quotes posted out of order but he middle quote was first, then the top one.

Gardener~~~You might be onto something here!!! I searched the username on this website and found a thread saying "Thread: T-Squared's picture" and here is a transcript of what was said...

Rain_cries: 06/10/2003, 7:58pm: Here ya go TSquared. (Smiley face) She’s lovely! (at the bottom) MOUSE POTATO: The on-line, wired generation’s answer to the couch potato. dark_water_falls@hotmail.com
Tsquared: 6/10/2003, 8:06pm: thanks for posting the pic rain cries......this is the gal from Ohio that i am seeking to find.....knew her for 2 GLORIOUS years and want to know she is ok..... i want her to know i still care and cant find her (picture: don’t be stupid)
Ladytiger: 06/10/2003, 8:17pm: Good Luck T!!
Biglyd1, 06/10/2003, 8:22pm: Good luck, T. Hope all works out and that everything is fine. (MsPiggy44, 06/10/2003, 9:32pm: I sure hope ya find her T.
Widgetsx3, 06/10/2003, 10:02PM: I hope you find her....have you tried classmates.com to see if she registeredNoFoolPrice: 06/10/2003, 10:07pm: How romantic! Oh I do hope you find her, she's a beauty!
Tsquared: 06/11/2003, 3:18pm: Jennifer is very pretty and a pretty independant woman at that, but with her medical problems i just want to know all is well...and i have this feeling that she has found someone else to be with and that is cool....cause she deserves the world...however i need to know for sure she isdoing ok.....
Tsquared: 06/11/2003, 12:20pm: thanks fireball
Magicwoman19, 06/11/2003, 1:12pm: Tsquared, did you say she works for Walmart?? Have you tried calling the walmart that she worked for, and seen if she is still at that one? Ususally they will tell you if she has gone to a new store. I sure hope you find her, she is lucky to have you as a great friend!
Magicwoman19, 06/11/2003, 1:21pm: Plus if someone here works at Walmart, (I used to, but I don't anymore) and she is still a Manager, they can email her from Walmart and tell her you are searching for her. I wish I still worked there so I could do it for you. She should have a walmart email at work. I hope that is some help for you.
MsLynn, 06/11/2003, 1:24pm: what is her name, have you tried places like anywho.com?
Kybeauty, 06/11/2003, 4:15pm: I hope you can find her T! She is a beautiful lady!..Good luck in your search..if there is anything I can do to help..just let me know!

http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/309823-t-squareds-picture-2.html?highlight=tsquared

I haven't registered for the site~~~wish I could see that picture!!!!!

Wow, interesting find BigCityAccountant! You might want to edit your post to take out that email address so the Mods don't have to do it. I just went over there and unfortunately the picture is gone. I'm logged in and I see nothing, not even a broken link where the picture used to be :(

T posted a bunch of ads for Survey/consultant/mystery shopping jobs in Carrolton, Texas which makes me think he is local to the Dallas area. He may have been on some of the same Recruiter groups as Lori and that's why he posted her ad.

When I first read this Information I IMMEDIATELY thought that the names were code.
Some of the comments even seem " off". Especially the ones about her being pretty. Maybe it's a stalker network. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that there is something that seems a little "off" when I read T's posts over there Linda. I don't think he was looking for Lori because he posted 2 days after that picture post that he had found the gal he was seeking. http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-top...und-jenn-thanks-not-news-i-wanted-though.html

Surely by 2003 , Lori was pretty impossible to find by anyone from her past, let alone by email. Plus, do we know when in 2003 she met Blake? No mention by T that his gal had another man in her life. He makes her sound pretty lonely but he doesn't mention doing anything to help her. Lori had a steady job at Key Automation in 2003 if we believe her resume. I had to sift through a bunch of T's posts from 2003 to find this one. About a week after this he was posting that he was going to Nebraska for work and going to stop and meet a lady friend he had been chatting with online on the way (not Jenn). Seems like he forgot his long lost love "Jenn" pretty fast. I would love to see that photo but I strongly suspect this was posted as some bid for sympathy from his forum friends and not a person who had really gone missing or gone into hiding. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick