TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article is unclear but I found 3 PA addresses for Kim in 1986 and 1987. One of those 3 addresses she shared with her mom and stepfather. The other two address have no family members so she lived alone. I won't reveal her addresses at this time but the shared address was in Ambler. Then Kim moved to King of Prussia. Then in 1987 she lived in Devon. These towns are not very far away from each other.

Ok, I missed the part in the article where she moved to Ambler with her mom and stepdad! Must work on my reading skills!Lol!

That's me lol

ETA - sorry I know it's petty but this person is infuriating me. Especially after I googled the KC person.

Wahayyy, funny!!

CW.net seems pretty quiet compared to here, is it always like that? Doesn't seem like there's much going on?

Really great post, thanks for sharing. As a young stepmom to 4 teenagers, I hope this is not always the case. I am always extra careful not to overstep my boundaries but to be supportive. I will say that the girls can be over dramatic at times. Not when it comes to me (as far as I know lol) but just in general. Being a teenage girl isn't always easy and a lot of things can seem like the end of the world. Anyway your post gave me a lot to think about. Thanks again

Well to be honest, I wasn't always the perfect kid. But when I wonder what I could do to be a better parent than my stepmother was, I always notice that she & I never had any personal time together. Say, she & I go out for ice cream or do something I wanted to do: it was always something she thought I *should* do, & I was never given any choice in the matter. (On the other hand, she always had time for her own children & was willing to let them choose an activity to do. Ostensibly it was because their ideas were "interesting", but I could tell the difference.)

I worry about this because my daughters are adopted, & sometimes I worry that there is no blood ties between us. I want them to feel that they have a real father. I find I achieve success in this when I play the games they want to play, do the activities they want to do, & try to have a conversation with them, rather than tell them stuff.

As for teenagers, I have been warned about a couple of things to be aware of when my girls come of that age. In a way, I'm dreading when that time comes, but I'm also looking forward to it: I'm more comfortable interacting with adults than kids.

I have to wonder if Kimberly's stepfather ever thought of these matters. And to be honest, you have to work at doing these things when the kid's not yours.

I have to say I am not sure I got one thing correct in this case. I still think she left town with someone. Maybe a big adventure for both of them. If she did not leave PA until 1987 or later, it does not leave much time for turmoil requiring identity change. Could it all be cause a teenage girl wanted to spite her mother...and as frost said...way leads on to way?

Wahayyy, funny!!

CW.net seems pretty quiet compared to here, is it always like that? Doesn't seem like there's much going on?

No clue. I joined today, with zero intentions of posting there again after tonight lol. Now she is claiming she never said any of that stuff. Crazy b!!

Wahayyy, funny!!

Signed up there yesterday but truthfully can't see spending much time there in the future. In the past on occasion I've been a bit frustrated with the way WS runs such a tight ship with no rumors, must be a VI or provide links, etc.
Now though...I totally get just why that is. So we can better rely on what we are reading instead of wasting time on imposters, lol.

Well to be honest, I wasn't always the perfect kid. But when I wonder what I could do to be a better parent than my stepmother was, I always notice that she & I never had any personal time together. Say, she & I go out for ice cream or do something I wanted to do: it was always something she thought I *should* do, & I was never given any choice in the matter. (On the other hand, she always had time for her own children & was willing to let them choose an activity to do. Ostensibly it was because their ideas were "interesting", but I could tell the difference.)

I worry about this because my daughters are adopted, & sometimes I worry that there is no blood ties between us. I want them to feel that they have a real father. I find I achieve success in this when I play the games they want to play, do the activities they want to do, & try to have a conversation with them, rather than tell them stuff.

As for teenagers, I have been warned about a couple of things to be aware of when my girls come of that age. In a way, I'm dreading when that time comes, but I'm also looking forward to it: I'm more comfortable interacting with adults than kids.

I have to wonder if Kimberly's stepfather ever thought of these matters. And to be honest, you have to work at doing these things when the kid's not yours.

On a personal level I truly appreciate your insight.

I have to say that his news has definitely confirmed my suspicions. When the original leak came from Derek of Taman Shud fame, I figured Colleen was the one who had solved it since I know that they have worked together in the past. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, but clearly Akoya had no idea what she was talking about since it was indeed DNA Genealogy that led to her identity and solved this case. As I have said previously here, having Lori's daughter's DNA in the two largest public databases was the answer. I just wish we always had the option to DNA test a living person to find an answer for all of the Doe cases. A huge amount of them would be identified pretty quickly and easily. Maybe someday in the future it will become possible to get DNA from remains into these types of databases. I sure hope so.

I have to say I am not sure I got one thing correct in this case. I still think she left town with someone. Maybe a big adventure for both of them. If she did not leave PA until 1987 or later, it does not leave much time for turmoil requiring identity change. Could it all be cause a teenage girl wanted to spite her mother...and as frost said...way leads on to way?

Your right. It doesn't leave much time. Maybe that is why my mind keeps going back to mental illness. Could she have been paranoid? There is still so much we may never know!

aw, never mind, no need for what I posted...just read the article...

As I've said before, I just can't let go of a TT biological connection until DNA rules it out. The resemblance between FLEK and TT is just too uncanny. I hope we know soon!

I was thinking a lot about this. For all we know, the Turner family could be distantly related to the Cassidy or McLean families. I have a distant cousin (I'm bad with genealogy, but we share a great-great grandparent) and we look more like sisters than me and my half sister do.

It might not have had to do with her family though. If I'm reading this right, she left after she had moved out on her own.

We don't know what happened before she decided to leave. Maybe she had an abusive relationship or did some things she wasn't proud of and didn't want her family to know. Abusers will sometimes threaten family members of their victims. They tell their "girlfriends" they will kill a family member if she leaves them. It sounds extreme but it happens. What if Kimberly got involved with someone like that and she changed her identity to protect her family?

I know somebody who did exactly what Lori did--well, minus the identity theft part--but she has changed her name twice to avoid being tracked down by the obsessively possessive and sexually abusive stepfather who got her pregnant...

I

Ok, I missed the part in the article where she moved to Ambler with her mom and stepdad! Must work on my reading skills!Lol!

It's NOT in the article. I found their actual addresses. Maybe they only lived there a year or maybe they forgot which city they were in when Kim moved to King of Prussia. Or maybe the reporter left that part out--it's along complicated story and we were pushing them to get the story written fast, lol! I just looked up Kim's address history. I'm not revealing the actual addresses in case the family still lives there.

Thanks everyone for some interesting debate and sleuthing on this one. Can't say i saw this coming. Perhaps we can research those two years and it sounds like some have already gotten most of it mapped out. We might be down to a few lost months now. Kimberly got to remember to wish you a happy birthday next month. Sounds like you had no evil intent. Just trying to find your way.

Omg I have been only perusing the breaking news, my father in law passed yesterday and just have been scattered...can someone direct me to approximately post number where this info started breaking? Is it confirmed?

Have the mods all gone on holiday? I can't believe this thread is sooo long. Needs an identified tag and new name, too!

They're probably too engrossed in the unfolding story to remember such details. (Well I would be, so I'm not criticizing anyone.)

IMHO, at this point it would probably be best to wait a day or two before closing this thread & starting a new one. Or maybe the mods are trying to decide whether to close this forum because LEK has been identified.

Omg I have been only perusing the breaking news, my father in law passed yesterday and just have been scattered...can someone direct me to approximately post number where this info started breaking? Is it confirmed?

Post #2054 at 7:58pm my time (so just over 4 hours ago)

Sorry to hear about your father in law :(

If she told ss88 she left because she was having issues with her stepdad, why would she be living with her mom, who seemingly would have been living with said stepdad? Not questioning your truthfulness I just don't understand how that makes sense. Also you held out on us for a year! :)

Good question...Kimberly left to live with various relatives and bounced around for a while after her mother's remarriage. Then---she told S/S---her mother divorced the stepdad and relocated to Texas. Kimberly followed shortly after.

This was a lie. The woman she was living with in Texas was an unknown person, perhaps a distant relative, to whom she gave a fake name. I'm not going to disclose that here, because S/S was quite bullied here, including people speculating he was female, and I don't want to further breach his trust. Just wanted to confirm that his story matches the one that's available now, and also the leaked story from Abbott earlier in the year. If you search the threads, you'll see that he said she was an 18-year-old runaway from PA who used a *series* of false identities. The identity she used with S/S was an early attempt and she likely ran into difficulties without official ID, hence her getting the BST birth certificate the same summer.

As for Akoya...I've missed this whole drama. What did she say that doesn't match with Kimberly's story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam