Found Deceased TX - Lyrik Brown, 3 months, Gainesville, 8 June 2020

SammieJean

Reaction score
Have you seen this child? Lyrik Aliyana Brown

The Gainesville Police Department is searching for Lyrik Aliyana Brown, black, female, 3 months old, 15 lbs, with a birthmark behind her right knee. She was last seen wearing a yellow onesie with hearts and flowers. Police are looking for Jeremy Nathaniel Brown, black, male, 30 years old, 12/16/1989, 5'11", 181 pounds, black hair, brown eyes and last seen wearing khaki shorts and a black shirt with a Chicago bulls decal and black and white Nike shoes, in connection with this abduction. The suspect is driving a grey, 2011, Volkswagen, Jetta with Texas, temporary tag of 55432b6. The suspect was last heard from in Gainesville, Texas. Law enforcement officials believe this child to be in grave or immediate danger.

Here we go again. :(

This is alarming:

BREAKING: Amber Alert issued for 3-month-old

". . .According to a press release from the Gainesville Police Department, officers responded to the 700 block of North Howeth Street around 9 p.m. Monday, June 8 for a disturbance.

Upon arrival, officers spoke to an 18-year-old Gainesville resident. She told police she was riding in a gray 2011 Volkswagen Jetta with her boyfriend, who was identified as Jeremy Brown, and daughter.

The release states that she and Brown got into an argument that escalated to a physical altercation. Ortiz told police she was able to get out of the Volkswagen during the alleged attack. After the reported assault, police said Brown got back into the vehicle and left the scene with the baby girl inside. . ."​

Infant Found Deceased In Vehicle Pulled From Texas River, Father At Center Of Amber Alert Arrested
The Gainesville Police Department located the body of an infant Tuesday afternoon and arrested a suspect wanted in an Amber Alert. Police found Jeremy Brown, 30, in the Red River at I-35 next to an overturned, submerged vehicle. Officers removed Brown from the river and medical personnel were on scene to assess him for any injuries. He was taken into custody on the warrant issued earlier in the day. The vehicle was removed from the river and an infant was located inside the vehicle in a car seat. The family has been notified of this information and a positive identification is pending.

Not the outcome I was hoping for. Poor Lyrik and her mom. I feel horrible for both. I hope for justice for Lyrik and healing for her mother.

The mother of the Lyrik went to my high school. The information that I have gathered about the relationship was that it was turbulent 99% of the time. I and others that knew both think this was a suicide attempt and a way of really hurting her mother. Rest easy sweet Lyrik aka Babysita

Always amazes me how often the suicidal could murdered manages to save her or himself, while the child dies. Almost as if the adult finds the will to live just in time -- after depriving the child of that option. Horrific and pointless, as always.

Body Of Texas Baby Found In Car Overturned In Red River Identified As Missing Infant From Amber Alert
Brown’s girlfriend, who was the child’s mother, told Gainesville police Monday that she and Lyrik were riding in a car with Brown when she got into an argument and physical altercation with him. She said they stopped and got out of the car and continued the altercation when he returned to the car and drove away, the child still buckled in her car seat. Brown is in Cooke County Detention Center in Gainesville without bond, charged with assault with serious bodily injury relating to the altercation with his girlfriend. Jail records do not list an attorney who could speak on Brown’s behalf.

The death of 16-week-old Lyrik Aliyana Brown shook the community this past summer.

She was still strapped into her car seat in the rear of a Volkswagen Jetta that was submerged in the Red River when she was found June 9, law enforcement officials said.

The infant was the subject of an Amber Alert after her father got into a dispute with her mother. The public was asked to look for her and Jeremy Brown, who authorities believed had abducted her in the Jetta. She was found the same day the alert was issued.

Police say Jeremy Brown assaulted the baby’s mother before he fled in the Jetta with the infant in the back seat. The mother reportedly pleaded with Jeremy Brown, who was 30 at the time, not to take the child.

Jeremy Brown was seen later that afternoon underneath the I-35 bridge on the south bank of the Red River where he reportedly told a witness he wrecked his vehicle and needed to borrow a cellphone. When first responders arrived, Jeremy Brown refused to say where the child was, authorities said.

Jeremy Brown resisted arrest when Cooke County Sheriff’s Office deputies tried to detain him, according to a previous Register report. He had to be subdued and handcuffed, court records state.

Jeremy Brown faces a third-degree felony assault charge and a capital murder charge. He was indicted Aug. 19, according to District Attorney John Warren.

“If found guilty of capital murder it is automatic life in prison, no parole,” Warren said.

Those found guilty of capital murder in Texas could also face the death penalty.

Jeremy Brown remains in custody at the Cooke County Jail on bonds totaling $1.25 million, jail records show.
2020 IN REVIEW: The year from Hades

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa