Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its believable she would not take maleah with her. Plane tickets are expensive. Especially cross country ones.
It would likely not be allowed while Maleah was in state's custody. If it was, it would involve a lot of coordination, the state where they were visiting would have to do a home visit of where they would be staying and sign off and they would conduct background checks on anyone else who would be staying there. Probably too much work for mom with no guarantee it would be approved. Easier to leave her at home with her abusive fiance...

If it turns out that BB had not yet left for the airport as it's looking now, and even if somehow the story continues to be that she didn't know Maleah had been "brought back" by DV, his not bothering to wait until her departure means he did not have any concern about her discovering his efforts to be alone with Maleah in the apartment. Which obviously speaks to her complicity, probably over a long period of time.

What if the "fight" QX talked about before her trip was not about explicit phone photos at all, but about Maleah? This is pure speculation:
* BB is home on Tuesday morning getting ready for her trip. DV leaves with the kids to do the daycare drop-off.
* He returns at 7:54 and Maleah is with him. BB is genuinely not pleased about this, so they fight. Maybe she tells DV to take Maleah to daycare. He knows she won't do anything, so he either lies and says he will, or he just refuses.
* BB believes her trip is still more important than her child's safety, so instead of delaying or canceling her trip, she hopes for the best and leaves for the airport.

Honestly, her intentions could absolutely be way more horrible than this, too. I think this might be the best possible scenario in terms of how BB truly cared for Maleah.

Great post

Too bad SM images aren’t allowed. Smh. I do hope he tells more info soon.

. Doesn’t look like he’s sneaking her in to me either in that surveillance video. She’s walking right behind him.
Ita !

Ok. That's what we've been wondering.
BB was there while Maleah was still alive.
Both of them were the very last to see this babygirl.
What the heck happened ?
I think there will be another arrest.

Maybe. But then again BB is a moron so it’s entirely possible they had time and this is the best they came up with. Am I allowed to say that or is that too “mean-spirited” because we’re still continuing the charade she’s a victim?
Emph. mine

Good post.

Not if she was in that apartment and was also the last of two people to see Maleah.
BB tried to get people to believe she left for the airport and left Maleah in DV's care.
And that she didn't see Maleah either after she (MD) went to sleep the night before or briefly that morning after she left for the airport.
Now we know she walked back into the apartment with DV and Maleah.

My guess is this was just fake crying for the media.
Wonder what her 'community organizer' has to say about her now ?

A few notes:
  • LE has verified via flight records that BB left the state via airplane
  • DV stated he left the apt on Friday around 7 p.m.
  • DV said that during the assault/abduction, the suspects would stab him when his son KV cried out
  • DV showed LE light lacerations to his chest that he said were made by the kidnappers while he was in their pickup truck
  • DV said he walked with his 2-year-old and eventually got a ride from an unknown female to the hospital
  • At 11:21 p.m. DV made an outcry that Maleah was missing
Thanks Pommy. So we know she flew out of state but we still don't know what time?
We now know that DV returned just before eight in the morning with Maleah, so we really need to know her flight time!

Wow! I wonder if that's enough probable cause for LE to up DV's charge to murder?

I think LE will buy themselves time to find a body if they can. It would allow them to have a more formed theory of what happened to her and, potentially have cause and manner of death. I would think that the least optimal way to prove murder is without a body, even though they have blood evidence, video of her never leaving the apt, video of him with the basket, and the decomposition hit by the dogs.

Were you able to view them without paying a fee? I wasn’t able to.

yes, the Complaint- Charging doc is a total of 3 pages and basically outlines what the prosecutor outlined in the hearing (timeline and basics of evidence collected supporting the charges) and the Motion for high bond consists of 3 pages (including proposed order for judge to sign for $1mil bond)

I am able to download them, again, I think it is because I am registered to the site.

But I can bet if she said to CPS there is a funeral she had to go to and no one could keep the baby for her except a man who she believes is molesting her that they could have easily made arrangements for M.

Not to mention, she clearly had other options for her children's care during the week, particularly Maleah and her oldest son. If the 5-year-old could easily be with his father and/or father's relatives, there is no reason she could not, except if BB was intentionally leaving only her with DV for some horrendous reason.

I know this is all hypothetical, but I also think BB was extremely committed to her lies and deception concerning the CPS case and caseworkers, and probably would never have asked them for support in protecting her kids.

If it turns out that BB had not yet left for the airport as it's looking now, and even if somehow the story continues to be that she didn't know Maleah had been "brought back" by DV, his not bothering to wait until her departure means he did not have any concern about her discovering his efforts to be alone with Maleah in the apartment. Which obviously speaks to her complicity, probably over a long period of time.

What if the "fight" QX talked about before her trip was not about explicit phone photos at all, but about Maleah? This is pure speculation:
* BB is home on Tuesday morning getting ready for her trip. DV leaves with the kids to do the daycare drop-off.
* He returns at 7:54 and Maleah is with him. BB is genuinely not pleased about this, so they fight. Maybe she tells DV to take Maleah to daycare. He knows she won't do anything, so he either lies and says he will, or he just refuses.
* BB believes her trip is still more important than her child's safety, so instead of delaying or canceling her trip, she hopes for the best and leaves for the airport.

Honestly, her intentions could absolutely be way more horrible than this, too. I think this might be the best possible scenario in terms of how BB truly cared for Maleah.
I think it’s very possible crap hit the fan when she discovered M was home. And I do believe she knew.
Makes me wonder if she left soon after & didn’t take time to make arrangements. No excuse tho. People miss flights all the time for a host of reasons.
Can’t wait to see her in flight phone log.

(Perhaps DV thought BB would be gone around 8ish, & felt the coast was clear @7:54).

But I can bet if she said to CPS there is a funeral she had to go to and no one could keep the baby for her except a man who she believes is molesting her that they could have easily made arrangements for M.
Yep! I do respite for families with open cases as well as foster families. The number one reason I end up doing respite care is the parents (or foster parents) need to travel and can't take the child(ren) with them.

Obviously heart strings get pulled in a case like this. But without a professional, competent defender, these criminals can (and still do) tie up the courts for years and in some cases get off because of bad defense. It creates an excuse. I hope each defendant in this case has the best defense possible so the case is tried properly the first time. Guilty is guilty.

This case is just mind blowing. I agree with all posters who think those scratches are from a trip into the brush/woods.

BBM
Absolutely!

If the scratches are on his arms, yes. On his back? I think someone helped him put them there. Unless he deliberately took his shirt off in a thick wooded area to get said scratches.

Can someone post again how far the location of the car being found and their apt?

Jason Miles on Twitter
.. I shared pic yesterday that #MaleahDavis’s mom claimed shows Vence removing cleaning supplies and a garbage bag in a laundry basket from their apartment. Vence was taken into custody this afternoon at brother’s home in Sugar Land. @KHOU #khou11 #htownrush
D6UWOj8WAAEtxwe.jpg
D6UWOk_WwAIDKk8.jpg

4:56 PM - 11 May 2019 from Houston, TX

Stepfather of Maleah Davis arrested, charged with tampering with evidence
The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders and Fugitives Task Force arrested Darion Vence around 2:40 p.m.
Just randomly jumping in here...have we talked about what looks like blood on his pants?

My questions:

Was the outfit she was last seen wearing (tutu) found in the apartment or is it missing?
Same question for the articles of clothing DV claimed she was wearing? Have they been located or also missing?
We know from the video stills outside apartment (him carrying laundry basket) what his clothes looked (white hoodie with red and black checkered like detail down arm and red and black lettering on chest area, black sweat pants with white trimmed in red down outer leg and what appear to be black kicks) but the hospital video still shows he is wearing large baggy short sleeve plain white tee and what appears to be dark colors pants or jeans.

Wondering if the outfit Maleah is seen wearing on video, any rags, towels or blankets used to clean up crime scene and his own clothing was what the gas can was about.
I've wondered about wet towels and the weight of them. Add in bathmats (since blood was found in the bathroom) that may have gotten wet in the clean up and all the other things you mentioned. Those would all have to be disposed of. I don't if there's more suspicious stuff in the videos that hasn't been released yet. We only know of this one trip. So, if he had a big mess to clean up, he either took more than one trip or she was taken out some other way, like a suitcase, perhaps; which conveniently BB was leaving for a trip on the 30th. The clean up could have been done later. This is purely speculation. This case is so twisted with truth and lies.

According to the Amber Alert:
Maleah Davis was last seen wearing a light-blue Under Armor jacket, blue jeans and grey Under Armor tennis shoes with pink and white details.
Amber Alert Issued For 4-Year-Old Houston Girl Reportedly Abducted By 3 Males
Thanks, Tippy Lynn !

I knew the missing description said she was wearing something other than what the security camera revealed.
So, did they change her clothes ?

Also wondering if DV will start dishing out dirt on BB , after what she claims he did ?
He has to be p.o.'d
We should brace ourselves; it's going to get totally wild !

And I suspect more horrifying. :(

Eta : Notice she is not wearingher protective helmet. Did she ever wear it at their home, or did they think it was too much of a 'bother' and take it off her ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member