Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tina2798, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djgirl76

Djgirl76 Well-Known Member

Yea it’s just something beyond my comprehension :(

2. ILikeToBendPages

ILikeToBendPages Well-Known Member

Why would the men scratch him? Why even keep him if a little girl was their goal?

3. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

Thank you for this.

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Ha! Exactly.

That was one of probably a dozen problems that people had with his little fairytale.

Just your standard child abduction committed by three men, who also kidnap the father.

Because that has so much precedent...

HayLouise, TRB, IHAVENOCLUE and 7 others like this.
  5. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Maleah and the 5 yo boy have the same father, CD. The baby (either 1 or 2) is DV’s child.

6. carmenugt

carmenugt Well-Known Member

The airline no longer assists you in these matters.

Mo Thuairim, MsFacetious and MsBetsy like this.
  7. astansell

astansell Well-Known Member

No, that’s the last seen image of her.

8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

True, but if he beat her or did other unspeakable things to her that resulted in her death, my guess is he would not call 911.
    We know he is deceitful. He invented a ridiculous story for fear of getting caught. If he did burn the body, I wonder if he did so for a particular reason. If he buried her or placed her body in a dumpster an autopsy can reveal signs of sexual abuse and analyse every wound to determine cause of death and the extent of the injuries.
    But burning a body helps cover up evidence like that.
    I do think she died from injuries as a result of abuse, maybe partly from complications from the serious head injury. She wasn't wearing her helmet. ( Another reason caseworker should have been checking in on a regular basis)
    But I also think she suffered a brutal and violent death, whether he intended to kill her or not. Imo

9. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Yes I thought it was an Aunt who picked up the oldest child on Friday also. Turns out is was Dad-Craig Davis, glad that has been corrected.

The oldest child and Maleah both belong to CD. The toddler is DV's child.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  10. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Initially I thought he & BB may have fought, but that would make the scratches fours days old on Friday. IMO they are self inflicted just like the bulls-eye on his forehead.

LaLaw2000, Aston, IHAVENOCLUE and 8 others like this.
  11. ILikeToBendPages

Right, and to left a witness to identify them. Who knows if he had been "grooming" Maleah before, but this would of been his best opportunity to have her for more than a bath. There was no other reason to keep her with him, especially if mom had dumped him before she left.

12. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

Is DV talking or has he lawyered up?

13. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Great first post! Welcome to WS!

LaLaw2000, IHAVENOCLUE, abr and 6 others like this.
  14. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

I'm very troubled with this whole line of thinking that only a bio father should bathe a daughter. I honestly do not think here in the UK we would generally agree with that at all. It implies all step dads could be perverts. In this case, we're talking about one individual who has *probably* abused a little girl considering the facts we do know, altho the only person to outwardly claim this SO FAR is BB.

15. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I agree with this completely. When was it made common knowledge that a biologically unrelated male *obviously* is going to molest a female child if left alone/diapers/bathing etc. I think it’s really sad and I think this way of thinking and reacting to such actually makes more space for this kind of predation..

musicaljoke, mrsmmm, LadyL and 5 others like this.
  16. carmenugt

carmenugt Well-Known Member

I am an ER nurse and see abused women all the time. Let me say this. We have a problem in American on issues concerning women. There are many barriers to leaving. It is a fallicy that women can just get up and leave. The barriers are often financial and availability of housing. There are so very few shelters that accept women with shelter and have therapeutic services. In my city, it is impossible for women to just get up and leave. Numerous times, I have paid for hotel rooms for women in the middle of the night.
    On a side note, I just don't think women should leave their children home with men who are not their fathers. Especially, when there is a history of aggression towards the children that are not their own.
    I don't believe in spanking. However, culturally spanking is acceptable.
    I come from a family of CPS workers. It is interesting that the CPS complaint was "unfounded" and determined to be due to a fall.
    My biggest question is did BB have a job or was Derion the primary bread winner in the home.
    Recently, we had a case like this in my city. The mother left the children with her boyfriend. He had a history of violence. He killed all 4 children in the middle of the night.
    In my clinical practice, I report whenever there is a hint of question. Let CPS figure it out. However, my colleagues who are not so diligent.
    I just think we as a society need to report any concerns. We have to do more to protect the most vulnerable in society, elders and chidren.
    The sad thing is I am no longer surprised when this stuff happens. I spend my focus on forensically searching the dynamics of the family and how they got to this point.

17. spicyrock

spicyrock Well-Known Member

The oldest and Maleah are full brother and sister.

IHAVENOCLUE, gitana1, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  18. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Thank you, glad it's not just me

mrsmmm, cp0510 and Dre like this.
  19. ILikeToBendPages

He worked in warehouse and I'm sure he's used box cutters many times, and have scratched himself several times. In the photo's taken in the hospital he has three little strips of tape across the top of one of his injuries and that's it.

20. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Somewhere Between Here And There

Possibly those scratches on DV were done by acrylic fingernails??

HayLouise, lucylulu, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.