Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by Derions family stepped up when Maleahs blood wouldn't?
Correct me if I'm wrong, OP, but I think this was referring to the information that has been reported about Derion's mother being the family member who cared for the children during the 6 months they were removed from BB's care. She probably could have chosen to take only the youngest child (her biological grandson) but apparently was willing to take all 3 siblings. It is pretty interesting that the two older children were not placed with anyone in BB or CD's biological family during that time, especially since several are expressing opinions or interests about custody now.

It was probably beneficial for the stability and emotional health of the 3 siblings to stay together, so IF she cared for them well during that time (not that we really know, except we don't have any reports of, you know, terrible brain injuries during that time...), respect to her. I bet she is devastated now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, OP, but I think this was referring to the information that has been reported about Derion's mother being the family member who cared for the children during the 6 months they were removed from BB's care. She probably could have chosen to take only the youngest child (her biological grandson) but apparently was willing to take all 3 siblings. It is pretty interesting that the two older children were not placed with anyone in BB or CD's biological family during that time, especially since several are expressing opinions or interests about custody now.

It was probably beneficial for the stability and emotional health of the 3 siblings to stay together, so IF she cared for them well during that time (not that we really know, except we don't have any reports of, you know, terrible brain injuries during that time...), respect to her. I bet she is devastated now.
Oh, I thought you meant the blood evidence found in the home!
As far as I know, the circumstances surrounding where the children were placed has not been explained.
Either way, the final decision would have been up to the judge.

<modsnip - speculation about extended family not named as POIs in this case>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO
Seriously
money from the public- you never heard of people around the world give money to a grieving mother of a child missing???
Money for pictures, interviews, future interviews, her lifetime movie, book deal... I can go on...
MOO
Yes, but I have not seen any evidence that she has been trying to get money because her child is missing. She knows she is dead. I have known people to start accounts to help pay for a funeral for families in need, though.
The remark about her getting a lifetime movie out of this was made by DV's father, who lives in another state and is repeating what someone told him. He seems to be very confused about the evidence in the case, did not know his son had a mail route for over a year, believes that Maleah was kidnapped, and denies important details made very clear by LE.
Maybe he saw one of her interviews where she talks about everything not seeming real and comparing it to what you would see in a movie and he is getting it mixed up with that. His memory doesn't seem so good. Imo

But that information comes from an awfully biased dad who practically declared his son as a Saint Derion. It might be true DV's mother took care of all three children for all 6 months, but I need to hear from a more reliable source first before I believe his story.

"The evidence shows that she's been murdered," Acevedo said, marking the first time that local authorities have publicly floated the notion that Maleah is no longer alive.
The lack of cooperation has extended beyond Vence, HPD Executive Assistant Chief Matt Slinkard also said during the news conference.

"We are not receiving the level of cooperation that we need from anybody involved," Slinkard said.
Acevedo: Reward upped for missing Maleah Davis, 4, as suspect refuses to talk
It's pretty clear that LE is frustrated by the family's lack of cooperation, which implies they believe family members are either not telling all they know or just plain lying.

IMO LE has multiple people on their radar. I won't be surprised if they start sharing more little nuggets from the investigation in the next few days.

Yes, but I have not seen any evidence that she has been trying to get money because her child is missing. She knows she is dead. I have known people to start accounts to help pay for a funeral for families in need, though.
The remark about her getting a lifetime movie out of this was made by DV's father, who lives in another state and is repeating what someone told him. He seems to be very confused about the evidence in the case, did not know his son had a mail route for over a year, believes that Maleah was kidnapped, and denies important details made very clear by LE.
Maybe he saw one of her interviews where she talks about everything not seeming real and comparing it to what you would see in a movie and he is getting it mixed up with that. His memory doesn't seem so good. Imo
Your question was how can she benefit?? and I answered how she could.
<modsnip - don’t discuss what you can’t post>
Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
But that information comes from an awfully biased dad who practically declared his son as a Saint Derion. It might be true DV's mother took care of all three children for all 6 months, but I need to hear from a more reliable source first before I believe his story.
It seems LE does not find him credible either. They really seem to be disappointed with everyone involved in this case. Imo

Your question was how can she benefit?? and I answered how she could.. In addition, I have seen evidence of her wanting money, but I can't post about it. Imo
I was responding to your statement that she "wanted" to benefit. Can you provide a link to support that? If not, we can't post it.
The reason I asked was I can't see why anyone would view the death of their child as a way to benefit in any way. Imo

I agree that the Dad was probably biased, but do you really think he is going to throw his son under the bus to the media. I think he was defending him because of the allegations BB made with the interview with QX against DV. (IE: being gay, sexual abuse etc.) But I do think he told some truths. I wouldn't accuse him of having memory problems though. Just like BB2 covered for BB in her first interview, IMO

DV's mother being married, BB2 couldn't handle 3 kids because she worked that's-alot of speculation with nothing in the media about them at all.
I'm assuming she worked because it was stated she was at work when Maleah had her accident and BB called her. Maybe she no longer works, I really don't know. I said maybe she lived alone because we know that BB and DV just recently moved out and there has been no mention that she has a husband. .I never said "she couldn't handle it." I said, Maybe she felt as if she couldn't take on three small children.
I did not say DV's mother is married. I said, "maybe" she is married.
I was just making general statements in response to the question of why the children were placed where they were. I also stated that we don't know the reason behind the judges decision, so basically it's all speculation. I hope that clears it up. Imo

Last edited:
Hello all. Im a very long time lurker on here and ive been following this case from the beginning. Also been trying to keep up with these threads but as you all are aware they move quickly.

I just have a few questions thats been bugging me about the case that im hoping someone can clear up for me if possible.
1). On the missing persons description of Maleah where the reward is offered she is described as last seen wearing a light blue Under Armor jacket, blue jeans and grey Under Armor trainers. But, i thought the image of her following DV into the apartment was the last sighting of her waering the pink tutu?.
2). Also police have the neighbours cctv footage. This shows Maleah entering the apartment with DV. BB has said she was also at home at this point waiting to go to the airport. We know BB has said she didnt see Maleah and that DV must have snuck her in, why has police believed her when she said this?
BB and DV were both in that apartment that morning on the last sighting and Maleah was never seen again. Why hasnt the police arrested BB too? There is no evidence to suggest BB didnt know Maleah was in there, so in this case she was 1 of 2 people to last see Maleah alive. What evidence has police got to rule out BBs involvment that morning before she left for the airport? Why hasnt she been arrested along with DV as she was present in the apartment.
3) DV has been charged with tampering with a dead body. Is it known what evidence police have for this? Why hasnt BB been arrested for the presence of Maleahs blood and tissue been found in the apartment considering she was present in the apartment that morning.

Im sorry if these questions have been answered in one of the previous threads.
That beautiful baby deserved so much, her short life filled with abuse. I hope those responsible suffer everyday in prison, horrendously.

Welcome Juby here and now posting.:):):)
Regarding BB, I also believe she knows far more than she is sprouting, and I am hoping she also will have charges against her very soon.
Reminds me of Janell Carwell, where the mother, after loads of lies, has also been charged.
Another mother, who neglected her daughter, to keep her pathetic man.
Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017
MOO.

The Chief said, "our focus is finding that little baby". He did a great job of keeping the focus on Maleah. He dismissed questions about her parents,

Well I guess that means she left her house at 9 30 am for a 4 30 pm flight? How far is the airport from the apartment? Hmmm...

This early leaving is very fishy, as someone here stated, that the airport is 38 miles away.
What happened in the intervening time: surely she didn't just sit in the airport kmitting?
Was there a plan (as something happened beforehand) that BB needed to leave the home, so DV can continue with their 'magic' ideas, and BB wouldn't be implicated ie to remove MD's body?
MOO.

This early leaving is very fishy, as someone here stated, that the airport is 38 miles away.
What happened in the intervening time: surely she didn't just sit in the airport kmitting?
Was there a plan (as something happened beforehand) that BB needed to leave the home, so DV can continue with their 'magic' ideas, and BB wouldn't be implicated ie to remove MD's body?
MOO.
Yes, apparently her flight was not until 4:30, according to Tim Miller. Although this has not been verified by LE.
So, if true, and she was only in the house for an hour and a half after we saw DV and Maleah on video, where did she go?
We still don't have evidence that she knew anything about the murder, but according to Kathleen (I can't remember her last name) the lawyer on the Nancy Grace interview, she was well aware that Maleah was being physically abused by the "stepfather."
We know she made an effort to hide that fact.
I still think it's possible that Maleah died as a result of long term, extensive abuse.
But now, since LE believes she was murdered, I'm not so sure it was not premeditated. I know it's still murder if she died by child abuse, but I'm wondering if they would refer to it as murder so soon since they wouldn't know all the details concerning the cause of death. I'm thinking there must be some reason they think she was intentionally murdered.
Either way I hope they do return to that mail route when they can. I have a feeling that's where he disposed of her body. Imo

Last edited:
Yes, apparently her flight was not until 4:30, according to Tim Miller. Although this has not been verified by LE.
So, if true, and she was only in the house for an hour and a half after we saw DV and Maleah on video, where did she go?
We still don't have evidence that she knew anything about the murder, but according to Kathleen (I can't remember her last name) the lawyer on the Nancy Grace interview, she was well aware that Maleah was being physically abused by the "stepfather."
We know she made an effort to hide that fact.
I still think it's possible that Maleah died as a result of long term, extensive abuse.
But now, since LE believes she was murdered, I'm not so sure it was not premeditated. I know it's still murder if she died by child abuse, but I'm wondering if they would refer to it as murder so soon since they wouldn't know all the details concerning the cause of death. I'm thinking there must be some reason they think she was intentionally murdered.
Either way I hope they do return to that mail route when they can. I have a feeling that's where he disposed of her body. Imo
I agree about the possibility of MD dying from long term physical abuse. Whether an accidental or intentional it's really to late for DV because of his actions. I believe LE will also be charged because if they find MD the boyfriends memory will come back. IMO.

That's what I thought too but now that I have listened to what Tim Miller and LE has to say about his family I really think they know. Especially his brother and father. They are ignoring all the evidence, they are refusing to cooperate with the investigation, and they are not being truthful. That LE found no DNA evidence is a lie. That DV was not dropped off in his own car is a lie. That there is no video of DV going in the apartment with Maleah is a lie.
Surely every person in that family can't possibly believe his story. No other person did. Imo
IMO DV had some help. IMO the help came from his family. Of course they are going to believe the Lie they probably helped him come up with. The brother got spooked about something and left town. I really hope LE has watched them.

Gosh, now I need to go back and relisten to that! I have no doubt there was abuse in that home. And you are probably correct that the incident in February coincides with the children returning home!
Yes I agree. But BB also physically abused MD so of course she didn't care what DV did to her children.

Possibly the man he once knew couldn't do these things. I pass it off as family defense. Some people think if they say it then its true. Everybody deserves a defense. LE has been wrong before. You know the drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member