TX - Malik Faisal Akram 44, shot dead by LE in hostage situation @ synagogue, Colleyville, Jan'22

I would not be surprised to learn that this Synagogue was chosen because it's the closest to DFW airport. It's less than 10 miles away. I wonder if he hasn't been here more than a couple days.

Malik Faisal Akram named as British citizen shot dead after taking hostages in Texas

The hostage-taker’s brother Gulbar said that the family is “absolutely devastated” that he was killed by police.

He added: “We would like to say that we as a family do not condone any of his actions and would like to sincerely apologize wholeheartedly to all the victims involved in the unfortunate incident.”

In the Facebook post, Gulbar said: “Although my brother was suffering from mental health issues we were confident that he would not harm the hostages.

Last edited:
Wonder how he got the gun

I'm sure it was very easy, if purchased within the state. There are no requirements for buying guns between individuals here. (Only restrictions are for licensed dealers.) I could go online and be meeting someone to buy a gun in the next 30 minutes. If there was a gun show around, he could have easily walked in and purchased one. Private parties sell at gun shows, as well as licensed dealers.

(Just want to clarify...I do not randomly buy guns from people, or even own any. This is general knowledge of knowing plenty of people with guns and living locally.)

I'm sure it was very easy, if purchased within the state. There are no requirements for buying guns between individuals here. (Only restrictions are for licensed dealers.) I could go online and be meeting someone to buy a gun in the next 30 minutes. If there was a gun show around, he could have easily walked in and purchased one. Private parties sell at gun shows, as well as licensed dealers.

(Just want to clarify...I do not randomly buy guns from people, or even own any. This is general knowledge of knowing plenty of people with guns and living locally.)

Could be, but I'm wondering if he had help getting it. There are people all over the interwebs feeling sorry for this guy and saying the woman he was defending is NG. I never heard of her before, but apparently it's a well known case.

Could be, but I'm wondering if he had help getting it. There are people all over the interwebs feeling sorry for this guy and saying the woman he was defending is NG. I never heard of her before, but apparently it's a well known case.

Could be! People who are not legal residents or citizens (unless they have a hunting license) are not allowed to purchase guns. With that said, many people sell guns to anyone.

If someone here sold him or acquired the gun for him knowing what he was going to do, they can be held criminally accountable. I hope they can trace where he got it from. I'm sure they will. (This is all assuming he got the gun while here.)

rbbm.
Texas rabbi: Captor grew “belligerent” late in standoff | The Star
''COLLEYVILLE, Texas (AP) — A rabbi who was among four people held hostage at a Texas synagogue said Sunday that the British man who held them captive became “increasingly belligerent and threatening” toward the end of the 10-hour standoff.

Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker of Congregation Beth Israel, near Fort Worth, credited security training that his congregation has received over the years for helping him and the other hostages get through the situation. He said in a statement that without that instruction, “we would not have been prepared to act and flee when the situation presented itself.”

Could be! People who are not legal residents or citizens (unless they have a hunting license) are not allowed to purchase guns. With that said, many people sell guns to anyone.

If someone here sold him or acquired the gun for him knowing what he was going to do, they can be held criminally accountable. I hope they can trace where he got it from. I'm sure they will. (This is all assuming he got the gun while here.)
bbm
Yes, that will be a huge factor.
Possibly this could lead to finding a sleeper cell within the area ?
Enablers of a like mind.

Otoh, if it was sold to him in good faith and the perp used false identification, that will not be the seller's fault if they believed it was a legitimate purpose.
My coworker's husband is a long haul truck driver and he's been robbed before, when he started working.
After that he began to legally carry and has a CC permit for his own protection, and I don't blame him.
Imo.

JMO, but this is truly a terrorist case. I do hope that it is classified as such.

I sure hope so, too. News stations and government leaders here are calling it as such. The president did as well. He came to the US 5 weeks ago legally. I'm thinking now that the synagogue was chosen because it's one of the closest to the federal facility in Ft. Worth that the prisoner he wanted freed. I can't think of any other reason, as it's just now known for anything on a national, or really even state wide scale. I can't think of a reason he'd come there specifically, other than proximity.

Revealed: 9/11 rant of Blackburn terrorist: Texas synagogue hostage taker, 44, who was shot dead in siege was banned from court 20 years ago for raving about terror attack - so why WAS he let into the US?

EXCLUSIVE Blackburn terrorist, 44, ranted about wishing he was on board one of the 9/11 planes | Daily Mail Online

Today it emerged that Akram's family had been working with police in Texas to convince him to give himself up during the 11-hour siege at the Congregation Beth Israel synagogue in Colleyville, 27 miles from Dallas. Last night two teenagers, who have not been named, were arrested by British counter-terrorism officers in south Manchester last night and remain in custody.

His younger sibling Gulbar said he and other relatives were called into Greenbank police station in Blackburn to speak with his older brother, who was armed and claimed to be carrying a bomb. In a live Facebook feed of a service he was heard shouting at the congregation in a strong northern British accent: 'If anyone tries to enter this building - everyone will die'. He added: 'I'm gunned up. I'm ammo-ed up. Guess what, I will die. I am going to die, so don't cry for me' before hurling anti-Semitic insults.

FBI finally admits the Texas synagogue siege WAS an anti-Semitic terror attack | Daily Mail Online

Obviously.

He didn't choose a synagogue by happenstance.

I guess now that they know he had a radicalized terrorist background, a man who said 2o years ago that he wished he'd been on one of the 9/11 planes, it's finally ok for them to state he was trying to kill Jews.

How the UK and US let him come to America is a huge failing on both sides.
Yet strangely the perp did not go to the one place where presumably he would find many Jewish people to try and intimidate,- Israel - why is that? imo. because they are always ''crazy'', but never that crazy, speculation.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back