GUILTY TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests* #2

This is just horrific. Poor baby girl, how dare they!! Sahara Ervin or whatever her name is should hang her head in shame!! Abuse your little girl to death and have the audacity to SMILE in your mugshot?! Maliyah never had a chance being in the ‘care’ of these monsters.

Sweet baby girl, if only we’d have known, there are hundreds of people who didn’t even know you who would have taken you in and shown you love, warmth, a full belly, cuddles and a goodnight kiss. Just the very least that you deserved.

I can’t remember but did ‘she’ and ‘he’ attend Maliyah a funeral? If so how dare they :mad: if not then it speaks volumes as to how much they cared about her.

I made a promise that I would see this to the very end, so that is what I will do. I just feel like this is going to get even worse as more information comes out.

Houston police said on Monday they again brought the couple in for questioning "after evidence of their involvement in the disappearance of Maliyah was discovered." They were arrested and charged the following day.
Maliyah Bass' body was put in storm drain, prosecutors say | khou.com

Ugh. From the article linked in the above tweet:
Warning! Graphic details follow...

According to court records, the autopsy showed Maliyah had a broken left forearm and extensive superficial blunt force trauma in the form of looped-pattern bruising all over her body. The medical examiner believes she was beaten with either an extension cord-like object or a hanger-like object.

The police investigation found Maliyah was last seen alive on security video at 12:40 a.m. on Aug. 20.
[Thompson] told police she beat her daughter with a hair brush on Aug. 20 because she was crying and would not go to sleep. Records say they then put her in a broom closet, naked. When they woke up on Aug. 21, Maliyah was dead.
Maliyah's body was dumped in storm drain, mom's boyfriend told police

I guess a paddle brush would leave loop shaped marks.

I can't bear to think of her alone, naked, dying in a broom cupboard overnight :(:(:(

This one isn't a grandma. She's the brief boyfriend's mother
I'm not sure if she's even his biological mother. At one point she was referred to as the "adopted" grandmother. Thompson had only been dating Maliyah's mother for four months.

We have only heard his version of the story so far. We already know he's a liar, and he pointed fingers at LE for not doing enough to find Maliyah. He claimed the search dogs "passed out" and the helicopter "ran out of gas."

I wouldn't be surprised if he was minimizing his role in the abuse that this child endured during her short life. I doubt this was the first time she was beaten, and I doubt it was only with a hairbrush. I'm sure the ME can tell the difference between marks left by a hanger or electrical cord and a hairbrush. They should also be able to tell if she had any older injuries and whether or not she was malnourished.

I don't know if the autopsy report will be released to the public, but I'm guessing the details will be far worse than what the boyfriend has described so far.

Grandma states "I want to hurt them both". It seems that "Grandma" Angela Harris is not even the mother of "her son" Travion Thompson. How she could be called Maliyah's grandmother after 4 months of knowing about her is absurd to begin with, and I don't understand why the media is giving her any air time or credibility as a victim.

The following report from a Crime Stopper's advocate who dealt with Sahara is shocking, knowing that she was mainly focused on getting money as a victim when MB's body was found. It makes me wonder if she is a drug addict, and getting money was a desperate need. The other explanation of her callous behaviour is that she didn't give a damn about Maliyah, which is harder to accept.

Victim advocate Andy Kahan of Crime Stoppers of Houston recalled the couple’s peculiar behavior last August when Bass’ body was found in Brays Bayou.

“I remember mom was asking me about any victim compensation. I just thought that was a little bit odd,” he said. “That’s the last thing you’re concerned about is anything you’re entitled to.”

Kahan said that sparked him to start pulling up Thompson’s record.

“When you look at his criminal history, he’s had five convictions since 2017,” he said.

Court records show Thompson was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon while on probation, but the court failed to revoke his probation.

‘I want to hurt them both:’ Mother of man linked to death of Maliyah Bass says they deserves to be in jail

I don't know why, but I just felt this "grandma" knew and it is a little disrespectful to Maliyah's real grandmother to be calling herself the grandma so soon.

Maliyah's real grandmother did say in an interview last night that BF was really teaching her ABC's and 123 as per the video she saw.

Poor grandma, maybe she needed a break, she had that right to do so. its Sahara"s child and her responsibility. She and her BF both gotta be on drugs.

Grandma states "I want to hurt them both". It seems that "Grandma" Angela Harris is not even the mother of "her son" Travion Thompson. How she could be called Maliyah's grandmother after 4 months of knowing about her is absurd to begin with, and I don't understand why the media is giving her any air time or credibility as a victim.

The following report from a Crime Stopper's advocate who dealt with Sahara is shocking, knowing that she was mainly focused on getting money as a victim when MB's body was found. It makes me wonder if she is a drug addict, and getting money was a desperate need. The other explanation of her callous behaviour is that she didn't give a damn about Maliyah, which is harder to accept.

Victim advocate Andy Kahan of Crime Stoppers of Houston recalled the couple’s peculiar behavior last August when Bass’ body was found in Brays Bayou.

“I remember mom was asking me about any victim compensation. I just thought that was a little bit odd,” he said. “That’s the last thing you’re concerned about is anything you’re entitled to.”

Kahan said that sparked him to start pulling up Thompson’s record.

“When you look at his criminal history, he’s had five convictions since 2017,” he said.

Court records show Thompson was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon while on probation, but the court failed to revoke his probation.

‘I want to hurt them both:’ Mother of man linked to death of Maliyah Bass says they deserves to be in jail
Last year, a 19-year-old got shot and killed in WA, by a 17-year-old. It was terrible, over some stupid argument. The funeral was paid for, he was a foster kid and his mother was never in his life much. She made a page for donations, people called her out on it, warning everyone that the funeral was paid for and she claimed that the donations were for "expenses". These people don't care about anyone, it's just the money and the drugs. Me, me, me.

The updated details on how this child lost her life are astoundingly heartbreaking. I can't imagine having a broken arm and spending the night in a broom closet as
an adult woman. The terror this child must have felt! I know she wished she never left the comfort of her Grandma's home where she was loved and cared for.
My heart breaks for her. And, no, this is not the whole story. That man had a part in her death.

Prosecutors: Video shows man charged in Maliyah Bass case dumping trash bag into storm drain

Video shows Thompson taking garbage bag to a bin near storm drain, then dumping bin down storm drain that leads to bayou.

Although we dont know all the details, we were told Maliyah was face down naked in bayou.
She was put naked in closet on last night of her life.
I wonder if the other items were disposed elsewhere: her clothing, extension cords or hangers, pillowcase/bedsheets etc.?
Or were they in the trash bag also?
Maliyah was spotted from the road by a jogger, who reported a child in bayou. I doubt they would have called 911 over seeing a trash bag in the bayou. So, is there possibility they had the storm drains searched? Some items might have got snagged and stuck in drain pipes.
Maybe the rest disposed elsewhere... I hope the dumpster by that convenience store had the pickup date tracked to landfill.

Last edited:
I have kept checking the ME's report. The box marked Place of Death is still listed as BAYOU. That's all the info they had to work with at the time.
I wonder if they will soon change the place of death.

Prosecutors: Video shows man charged in Maliyah Bass case dumping trash bag into storm drain

Link is to video of couple appearing in courtroom.
Both handcuffed behind the back.
Courtroom security described as "heavy" with visible police stationed at doors.
Thompson's attorney won't speak to press.
Ervin's attorney asks for reduction of her $175,000 bail. Judge says no.
He has no amount because of criminal history and video showing him dump garbage bag in drain.

Last edited:
Maliyah's biological father reacts to arrests:

Maliyah Bass' biological father reacts to mother's arrest

Octavious Bass said:
he had invited Sahara and Thompson to the funeral but they didn't show up

Sahara X'd him out of Maliyah's life "when she got the dude".

Says he doesn't care if you're on drugs or booze or got things going on in your life it doesn't give you the right to take your anger out on the child.

Says she deserves to get life in prison, she should never get out, he hopes she rots in prison.

Last edited:
Maliyah's biological father reacts to arrests:

Maliyah Bass' biological father reacts to mother's arrest

Octavious Bass said:
he had invited Sahara and Thompson to the funeral but they didn't show up

Sahara X'd him out of Maliyah's life "when she got the dude".

Says he doesn't care if you're on drugs or booze or got things going on in your life it doesn't give you the right to take your anger out on the child.

Says she deserves to get life in prison, she should never get out, he hopes she rots in prison.
This is ridiculous and makes no sense. Why would this poor excuse of a mother stop allowing her child's father, who actually cared, to contact the child? Why? I don't see that dude wanting to be a daddy to someone else's child despite of the whole "I teached her the ABC's and the 1 2 3's" story. Did he tell her to stop talking to Maliyah's father and that's why she stopped letting him contact their daughter, or did she just really want her new boyfriend to be her dad?
And then, they don't even bother showing up to her funeral? I mean, not even the mother? She was scared to be pressed about what happened. These people are trash. I feel terrible for Maliyah's dad.

Maliyah Bass: Mother, boyfriend dumped Houston toddler’s body in sewer drain after beating death

Sahara's bond is high not just because of the crime, but she is a flight risk. People in Dallas and Michigan have sent her money and she tried asking her mom to live with in Arkansas and mom said NO.

This article also says Thompson hit Maliyah with a blunt object.
I thought it said he told detectives that the mother beat the child with a hairbrush and then "they" put her in the closet, naked. He is charged with not doing anything to help Maliyah, and both for failing to seek medical attention.

Not that I wouldn't believe he's more involved than what he says, but where did it say he also beat her with the hairbrush?

Last edited:
Watch: Deeper look into the death of 2-year-old Maliyah Bass | The West Australian
Australian news had this video of interview with Andy Kahan, fox news Isaiah Carey show.
We already know Sahara asked victims advocate Kahan about compensation money as LE were taking her dead daughter's body of the Bayou.
But here he stated Sahara also called him the next day, continuing to ask what money they were entitled to!
He says in thirty years he never had that happen.

He also tells he discovered that twice Travion Thompson was out in a program for young men to rehabilitate from a life of crime and both times Thompson failed! Fighting, breaking rules etc.

Discusses talking with Tim Miller and they both knew what was really going on.
Excellent interview.

Watch: Deeper look into the death of 2-year-old Maliyah Bass | The West Australian

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back