Found Deceased TX - Maria Jesus Llamas, 69, San Antonio, 20 Nov 2016

This woman was found a very long ways away from where Maria went missing from, but I wanted to know what you guys thought.

https://patch.com/new-york/farmingdale/unidentified-woman-memory-loss-found-bethpage
Nice find! But I don't think so. The jaw line and chin look different to me. [emoji20]
058f3414d168b98cc5f7deaa71221bee.jpg
539dd839b5e7d0c32a84f04426bc6460.jpg

Thanks, Frank Trevino and Lamar Advertising for offering their billboards!!

One local man’s mission to help find missing people gets some high tech help

Though Frank Trevino is retired he's still very busy. Trevino helps keep up with Facebook book pages including the page of missing grandmother Maria Llamas and grandfather Pete Carreon.

Trevino says his passion for helping families of missing loved ones started more than 20 years ago. "She was a co-worker of mine, that was my very first search , I believe it was 1997."

Trevino says to this day she believes his former co-worker from California has not been found. Recently Trevino help get missing persons banners on various digital billboards in the city.

"I contacted Lamar, and they were very responsive." Trevino says Lamar Advertising told him as long as he provided the information they would run the missing persons ads when additional space was not taken by an advertiser.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...ng-people-gets-some-high-tech-help-03-08-2018
faca02748e369a8e5ff4dc2f43a0f5a5.jpg

NOV 13, 2020
These San Antonio residents vanished and have never been found (mysanantonio.com)
[...]
1200x0.jpg

Maria Llamas, a 69-year-old woman with Alzheimer's, went missing while visiting the Poteet Flea Market in November 2016.

Llamas was visiting the market with her husband. He stopped for a moment to admire a pair of boots. When he looked up, Maria was gone.

Surveillance cameras showed her walking off the property. A search group discovered Maria's purse hanging from a tree branch by Leon Creek, which runs near the flea market. She has never been found.

Family members told NBC that — as her Alzheimer’s progressed — Maria started to believe she was a young girl again on a ranch in rural Mexico. They feared she had tried to return to her parents, who had been dead for nearly a decade when she disappeared.

"We just want everyone to know that she is missing and to keep an eye out for her if they can," Margie Llamas said in 2017. "We are never going to give up searching. Our family will never be the same until we have her home."

Anyone with information about Llamas is asked to contact the SAPD Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660.

[...]

NOV 20, 2021
'We want her home': Local family remembers mother, still missing 5 years later | kens5.com
[...]

Named after her mother, ML said the family's matriarch taught the kids many life skills including cooking, sewing and gardening. However, the biggest lesson she taught her children was to never give up on family. Now, they spend every day never giving up on her.

[...]

With tips leading no where, the family has this tip for others with elderly family members.

"We now recommend to everybody who speaks to us about Alzheimer's is to get some type of tracking device," said Maria.

[...]

DBM

It was an old article that somehow came up as current news to me.

Last edited:
NOV 20, 2022
[...]

Last September, a human skull was found near the flea market and sent to the Bexar County Medical Examiner. After months of waiting, the family learned the results came back inconclusive.

"The remain was too bleached and they couldn't retrieve DNA," said Margie Llamas.

The skull is now at the University of North Texas. There forensic investigators are performing a deeper analysis, but it's on a first come, first serve basis. Family has been told the process could take months, or even years.

"We do have hope but it's just hard to be patient," said Margie Llamas.

The family said if those results also turn up incomplete, the remain will be sent to DPS for a forensic sketch.

[...]

Six years later | Family of missing Maria Llamas wait as investigators work to identify remains found

Maria Jesus Llamas was a wife, mother and grandmother who had Alzheimer's and vanished back in November 2016.

She was last seen at The Poteet Flea Market shopping with her husband where, at some point, she wandered off. Surveillance video captured her final moments walking through the market.

According to the family's Facebook post, dove hunters located a human skull on private land between the Poteet Flea Market and the area where Mrs. Llamas purse was found back in Dec. 2016.
The post says, no memorial has yet been scheduled but will be announced once arrangements are made.

The Llamas family released the following statement:

“While our hearts are broken by today’s confirmation, we can now begin the healing process and eventually have closure. We know there will always be questions left unanswered. These last six years have been extremely hard for our family, yet our faith and trust in each other and finding answers has never wavered. We are extremely grateful for the many across South Texas and parts of Mexico who were committed to helping us find answers.”
For six years, Frank Trevino has helped the Llamas family search for Maria. He sat down with News 4/Fox 29 about the journey it has taken to get to this day.

Trevino described Maria being in the "later stages" of alzheimers, stating the day she went missing she had merely strayed away from her husband.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back