Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

I do not believe this article has been posted yet - if so - just ignore it! :)

Jan. 26, 2023
Just weeks after a judge warned the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office had a “widespread” problem with police departments not turning over evidence until just before trials begin, a murder case in the same judge’s court was delayed because Dallas police supplied evidence at the last minute.

Nina Marano was scheduled to stand trial this week on charges of murder and tampering with a corpse in the 2020 slaying of Marisela Botello Valadez, who was visiting Dallas from Seattle. But Marano’s lawyers asked for a delay after prosecutor Robin Pittman informed them on Friday of additional videos and photos in the case that Dallas police had not previously provided.

State District Judge Amber Givens granted the request to delay the case, defense lawyer Valerie Baston said. A hearing to determine whether all the case evidence was submitted is slated for next week. [Jan. 30, 2023]

more in the article.

JAN 27, 2023
[...]

Hilda Duarte, a member of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), told The Dallas Express that she has been advocating for the family since October 5. LULAC is a civil rights activist group that has advocated for the family of Botello-Valadez.

“I was at the hearing on Monday for 9 hours,” she said. “Detectives Ramirez & Ortiz failed to submit more than 325 pieces of evidence; audio, body cam videos & pictures! Due to this failure, the case for Nina Marano was reset to March 27th. Cases for Beltran & Dykes will be heard in Feb & April.”

[...]

“Judge Amber Givens did an excellent job in reprimanding and scolding State attorneys (Pitman & Brown), for the ‘botched job’ and DA Creuzot was summoned twice to the court: the 282nd,” Duarte continued. “The family was disappointed but preferred the delay to a mistrial or appeal.”

[...]

PommyMommy from article said:
snipped...

"I was at the hearing on Monday for 9 hours,” she said. “Detectives Ramirez & Ortiz failed to submit more than 325 pieces of evidence; audio, body cam videos & pictures! Due to this failure, the case for Nina Marano was reset to March 27th. Cases for Beltran & Dykes will be heard in Feb & April.”

I do not know WHERE she is getting these dates - the court site doesn't show any of those, except for Beltran has his trial scheduled on 3/27/23. Could she have mis-heard??

Here is the next hearing for them all:

From the court site -
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts/

Marano is due in court for a Discovery hearing on 1/30/23.
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty...ViewDocument&overlay=Print&overrideFormat=PDF

same for Beltran:

https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty...ViewDocument&overlay=Print&overrideFormat=PDF

also added for Beltran on 1/25/23:
Appointment of Counsel for indigent defendant:

and for Dykes - same Discovery hearing on 1/30/23.

but I shall keep my eye on the court site - and see if anything changes there - maybe after the hearing on Monday.

Monday, January 30th:
*Discovery Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX) - *Lisa Jo Ahmed Dykes (57/now 59) (aka Lisa Beltran & Lisa Ahmed) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) & arrested (in Orange County, FL on 3/27/21), charged (3/27/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. Released (5/4/21) on bond & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 Bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back in Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial was set to begin on 1/23/23 but the cases were severe. No further dates.
Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 1/20/23 reference post #589 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-30

1/19/23 Update: State's Motions sever defendants-granted. 1/20/23: Motion for trial continuance-granted. 1/24/23 Update: Marano's trial was supposed to begin Monday, 1/24/23 but the trial was delayed after it was discovered Dallas Police detectives had not turned over all the evidence in the case. Prosecutors said they received a thumb drive over the weekend from the lead detective with more than 300 pictures, audio recordings & body camera video they had never seen. Prosecutors said in court they repeatedly asked Dallas Police for the evidence – including body camera footage of searches & interviews with witnesses. Prosecutors say they are still missing a video from the search of a home & were told the lead detective would bring the video to them Monday morning, 1/30/23, but they say they never received it. Next discovery hearing on 1/30/23.

ALSO:
*Discovery Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX) - *Nina Tamar Marano (49/now 51) (aka Nina Tamara Oliver & Nina Beltran) arrested (in Miami, FL on 3/25/21), charged (3/25/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. (Was in Miami-Dade County jail-Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center & transferred to Dallas County jail on 4/9/21). Bonded out (4/29/21) & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back to Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial was set to begin on 1/23/23 was continued, no further dates.
Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 1/20/23 reference post #589 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-30

1/23/23 Update: Defendant’s Motion to list State's witnesses. The judge dismissed the jury panel & reset the case for 1/30/23 the State entered 399 pieces of evidence & the State is still waiting on mitochondrial info on the hair they recovered in the Audi trunk.
1/24/23 Update: Marano's trial was supposed to begin Monday, 1/23/23 but the trial was delayed after it was discovered Dallas Police detectives had not turned over all the evidence in the case. Prosecutors said they received a thumb drive over the weekend from the lead detective with more than 325 pictures, audio recordings & body camera video they had never seen. Prosecutors said in court they repeatedly asked Dallas Police for the evidence – including body camera footage of searches & interviews with witnesses. Prosecutors say they are still missing a video from the search of a home & were told the lead detective would bring the video to them Monday morning, 1/30/23, but they say they never received it. Next discovery hearing on 1/30/23.

ALSO:
*Discovery Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX, 15 miles south of Dallas) - *Charles Anthony Beltrán (31/now 33) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) for capital murder. Arrested (in West Jordan, UT on 4/1/21) & extradited (4/22/21 to Dallas County), charged (4/22/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with capital murder. $500K bond.
Trial was set to begin on 1/17/23 is continued on 1/23/23 & continued on 3/27/23 could be continued due to late DNA evidence.
Case & Court info from 4/2/21 to 1/6/23 reference post #577 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-29

1/11/23 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 1/20/23. Motion for Discovery & Inspection of Evidence filed.
1/20/23 Update: Filed Motion for Discovery, Motion for Continuance: State has not given all the discovery to dense. The State still has scientific testing that is outstanding, specifically DNA testing & is expected to be exculpatory and/or mitigating evidence. Defense will need time to consult an expert or retain a testifying expert. Filed: Defendants Request for Notice of State's intention to use evidence of extraneous offenses at trial, Motion for Discovery of all information obtained by the police from the "Crime Stoppers" program, Motion in Limine re prior convictions & extraneous offenses. Motion to Arraign defendant outside the presence of the Jury. Motion for voir dire of expert witness. Motion for Recess at close of State's Case-in-Chief. Motion invoking "The Rule": Request to be made to exclude all witnesses so that they cannot hear the testimony of other witnesses. Motion for Discovery of exculpatory & mitigating evidence. Motion for Discovery of punishment evidence. Motion to Limit State's Argument. Motion for Jury Questionnaire. Next trial announcement hearing on 3/22/23 @ 8:30am & trial is now set to begin on 3/27/23 @ 8am.
1/24/23 Update: It was discovered Dallas Police detectives had not turned over all the evidence in the case. Prosecutors said they received a thumb drive over the weekend from the lead detective with more than 325 pictures, audio recordings & body camera video they had never seen. Prosecutors said in court they repeatedly asked Dallas Police for the evidence – including body camera footage of searches & interviews with witnesses. Prosecutors say they are still missing a video from the search of a home & were told the lead detective would bring the video to them Monday morning, 1/30/23, but they say they never received it. Next discovery hearing on 1/30/23.
1/25/23: Appointment of Counsel for indigent defendant. Appointed Kenneth Weatherspoon & 2nd Chair appointment Arceola Warfield.

I got this off of Marisela's Justice page.

There was an emergency the day before and it got rescheduled for Feb 7th. no clue what type of emergency, I didn't get details about it. I spoke to the District Attorneys office this morning to see when the trail was set for and they told me the hearings not happening today that it was postponed last night but They are pretty sure the trial will begin March 27th though.

link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/34...4804559561&notif_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

So I shall move them all to 2/7/23. The court site yet to be updated - but I shall keep my eye out on it.

I got this off of Marisela's Justice page.

There was an emergency the day before and it got rescheduled for Feb 7th. no clue what type of emergency, I didn't get details about it. I spoke to the District Attorneys office this morning to see when the trail was set for and they told me the hearings not happening today that it was postponed last night but They are pretty sure the trial will begin March 27th though.

link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/34...4804559561&notif_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

So I shall move them all to 2/7/23. The court site yet to be updated - but I shall keep my eye out on it.
They're closed today, along with other TX courts, due to the weather. I don't know about yesterday though... MOO

Due to inclement weather, Dallas County offices (all non-essential employees), the Courts, and Jury Services will be CLOSED tomorrow, January 31.

An ice storm slamming Texas this week is crippling roads, closing schools and canceling flights.

The freezing rain began Monday and is expected to last through Thursday morning.

They're closed today, along with other TX courts, due to the weather. I don't know about yesterday though... MOO

Due to inclement weather, Dallas County offices (all non-essential employees), the Courts, and Jury Services will be CLOSED tomorrow, January 31.

An ice storm slamming Texas this week is crippling roads, closing schools and canceling flights.

The freezing rain began Monday and is expected to last through Thursday morning.

Yes - I saw the weather reports on the Dallas area. I think it started Monday - like you posted above - freezing rain. I shall keep my eye on the court site over the next few days - and see if it gets changed.

Court site has been updated for the Discovery hearing. Not too sure about Beltran since he too was included in the Discovery hearing. I shall put him there with the other 2 even though the court site says 3/22.

Docket update:

Marano:

B060
SET FOR DATE 013023 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS DISCOVERY_____________
STATES RECOMMENDATION __________________ KIOSK ___ REC NO 01 _

B060
SET FOR DATE 021323 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______

Dykes:

B060

B060
SET FOR DATE 021323 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______
STATES RECOMMENDATION __________________ KIOSK ___ REC NO 01

Beltran:

B060

B060
SET FOR DATE 032223 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS TRIALANNO_____________

B060
SET FOR DATE 032723 SET FOR TIME 0800 SET TYPE TRIL PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ______________________

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/search

Was a great show… Mel keeps the videos for replays on his YouTube… another one coming up soon. There was so much info explained.

Wow, the interview with Beltran's friend! Lisa clearly has what I call "power of persuasion". The poor guy believes he has been jinxed, or whatever he calls it.

Not too sure IF Beltran is going to be in this Discovery hearing - from the last article it sounded to me like they ALL will be there for this one. The Court site does not show Beltran at this hearing though.

Monday, February 13th:
*Discovery Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX) - *Lisa Jo Ahmed Dykes (57/now 59) (aka Lisa Beltran & Lisa Ahmed) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) & arrested (in Orange County, FL on 3/27/21), charged (3/27/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. Released (5/4/21) on bond & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 Bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back in Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial was set to begin on 1/23/23 but the cases were severe. Tentatively scheduled for 3/27/23.
Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 1/20/23 reference post #606 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-31

1/24/23 Update: Marano's trial was supposed to begin Monday, 1/24/23 but the trial was delayed after it was discovered Dallas Police detectives had not turned over all the evidence in the case. Prosecutors said they received a thumb drive over the weekend from the lead detective with more than 300 pictures, audio recordings & body camera video they had never seen. Prosecutors said in court they repeatedly asked Dallas Police for the evidence – including body camera footage of searches & interviews with witnesses. Prosecutors say they are still missing a video from the search of a home & were told the lead detective would bring the video to them Monday morning, 1/30/23, but they say they never received it. Next discovery hearing on 1/30/23.
1/30/23 Update: Per twitter: There was an emergency the day before and it got rescheduled for 2/13/23. No clue what type of emergency, I didn't get details about it. I spoke to the DA’s office this morning to see when the trial was set for & they told me the hearings not happening today that it was postponed last night but they are pretty sure the trial will begin 3/27/23 for Marano. 2/1/23: Pass slip to appear in court on 2/13/23.

ALSO:
*Discovery Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX) - *Nina Tamar Marano (49/now 51) (aka Nina Tamara Oliver & Nina Beltran) arrested (in Miami, FL on 3/25/21), charged (3/25/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. (Was in Miami-Dade County jail-Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center & transferred to Dallas County jail on 4/9/21). Bonded out (4/29/21) & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back to Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial was set to begin on 1/23/23 was continued, no further dates. Trial severed from Marano.
Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 1/23/23 reference post #606 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-31

1/24/23 Update: Marano's trial was supposed to begin Monday, 1/23/23 but the trial was delayed after it was discovered Dallas Police detectives had not turned over all the evidence in the case. Prosecutors said they received a thumb drive over the weekend from the lead detective with more than 325 pictures, audio recordings & body camera video they had never seen. Prosecutors said in court they repeatedly asked Dallas Police for the evidence – including body camera footage of searches & interviews with witnesses. Prosecutors say they are still missing a video from the search of a home & were told the lead detective would bring the video to them Monday morning, 1/30/23, but they say they never received it. Next discovery hearing on 1/30/23.
1/30/23 Update: Per twitter: There was an emergency the day before and it got rescheduled for 2/13/23. No clue what type of emergency, I didn't get details about it. I spoke to the DA’s office this morning to see when the trial was set for & they told me the hearings not happening today that it was postponed last night but they are pretty sure the trial will begin 3/27/23 for Marano. 2/1/23: Pass slip to appear in court on 2/13/23.

ALSO:
*Discovery Hearing-MAYBE! (@ 8:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX, 15 miles south of Dallas) - *Charles Anthony Beltrán (31/now 33) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) for capital murder. Arrested (in West Jordan, UT on 4/1/21) & extradited (4/22/21 to Dallas County), charged (4/22/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with capital murder. $500K bond.
Trial set to begin on 3/27/23 could be continued due to late DNA evidence.
Case & Court info from 4/2/21 to 1/24/23 reference post #606 here:

1/25/23: Appointment of Counsel for indigent defendant. Appointed Kenneth Weatherspoon & 2nd Chair appointment Arceola Warfield. Next discovery hearing on 1/30/23.
1/30/23 Update: Per twitter: There was an emergency the day before & it got rescheduled for 2/13/23. No clue what type of emergency, I didn't get details about it. I spoke to the DA’s office this morning to see when the trial was set for & they told me the hearings not happening today that it was postponed last night but they are pretty sure the trial will begin 3/27/23 for Marano. Court site for Beltran shows a trial announcement hearing on 3/22/23, no discovery hearing on 2/13/23.

FEB 13, 2023

Dallas judge holds hearing on missing evidence in murder trial for suspect accused in woman’s death

Here is what I got out of this video - and can not find any others on what happened after this report.

Discovery hearing: Has gone on for 4 hours & the judge is not happy. Not heard from the lead investigator. Dallas PD officer Cory Parker took the stand & said that 300 pieces of evidence not turned over & 18 videos were automatically deleted which showed officers executing search warrant. Judge wants to know WHEY these were deleted. No other info available.

Discovery hearing MIGHT be continued on 2/14/23. Any luck @PommyMommy in finding out the end of this hearing? I see you posted that about 2 1/2 hours ago. Boy - you are up late! :)

Here is what I got out of this video - and can not find any others on what happened after this report.

Discovery hearing: Has gone on for 4 hours & the judge is not happy. Not heard from the lead investigator. Dallas PD officer Cory Parker took the stand & said that 300 pieces of evidence not turned over & 18 videos were automatically deleted which showed officers executing search warrant. Judge wants to know WHEY these were deleted. No other info available.

Discovery hearing MIGHT be continued on 2/14/23. Any luck @PommyMommy in finding out the end of this hearing? I see you posted that about 2 1/2 hours ago. Boy - you are up late! :)
In addition to YouTube, the video is on WFAA's website and I expected to see a corresponding article but there doesn't seem to be one. (Yes, up late following the shooting @ MSU :( )

In addition to YouTube, the video is on WFAA's website and I expected to see a corresponding article but there doesn't seem to be one. (Yes, up late following the shooting @ MSU :( )

Oh no - another shooting!!??

Unfortunately, I can not access that article - it is Forbidden here! LOL! Not kidding - that is what it says! :)

Looked this morning - but nothing. And court site isn't updated with any new hearing dates...

Oh no - another shooting!!??

Unfortunately, I can not access that article - it is Forbidden here! LOL! Not kidding - that is what it says! :)

Looked this morning - but nothing. And court site isn't updated with any new hearing dates...
There is no article - just the same video as the YouTube above. :( So, you didn't miss a thing. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back