Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The locked shop puzzles me a lot. Forgive me if this has already been talked to death here. There is so much reading involved with this case, I forget some of it. Or I can't remember if I read it, or just thought it.

I can't think of a reason for MC to have locked it himself, unless he was purposefully leaving with someone else. Like if he had called someone to take him to the ER because of his shop injury, or someone dropped by and they decided to go somewhere. But in either case, he would have taken his wallet.

But if the shop had been staged with his blood to look like either an accident or a crime scene, it doesn't seem like the person doing the staging would lock the shop up, because that doesn't really make sense, does it?

Just my confused opinions...

The locked shop puzzles me a lot. Forgive me if this has already been talked to death here. There is so much reading involved with this case, I forget some of it. Or I can't remember if I read it, or just thought it.

I can't think of a reason for MC to have locked it himself, unless he was purposefully leaving with someone else. Like if he had called someone to take him to the ER because of his shop injury, or someone dropped by and they decided to go somewhere. But in either case, he would have taken his wallet.

But if the shop had been staged with his blood to look like either an accident or a crime scene, it doesn't seem like the person doing the staging would lock the shop up, because that doesn't really make sense, does it?

Just my confused opinions...
Only the bottom was locked. It's the kind where you can just shut the door
and it's locked. (Provided you turned the knob from the inside). The upper one was not locked. You'd need a key for that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

It's time for HCSO to address the public, IMO. And why aren't local reporters asking the Sheriff any questions? Could the silence on the part of these parties mean the case is already on the Hunt County grand jury docket? The current grand jury has been meeting since July 24th. The last grand jury panel, which held its last session on June 23rd, "issued 43 indictments," "including three charges released sealed pending the arrest of the person or persons named in the indictments." Could one of these charges be related to PaPaw's disappearance (wishful thinking, I know ...)?
http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/gr...cle_bad22576-6fe2-11e7-8e34-6bd32c498c90.html

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/gr...cle_3fdc1272-5869-11e7-b55e-e7c0864990ed.html

<modsnip>

It's time for HCSO to address the public, IMO. And why aren't local reporters asking the Sheriff any questions? Could the silence on the part of these parties mean the case is already on the Hunt County grand jury docket? The current grand jury has been meeting since July 24th. The last grand jury panel, which held its last session on June 23rd, "issued 43 indictments," "including three charges released sealed pending the arrest of the person or persons named in the indictments." Could one of these charges be related to PaPaw's disappearance (wishful thinking, I know ...)?
http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/gr...cle_bad22576-6fe2-11e7-8e34-6bd32c498c90.html

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/gr...cle_3fdc1272-5869-11e7-b55e-e7c0864990ed.html

Very interesting! You are a rock star at finding stuff!

Very interesting! You are a rock star at finding stuff!
Thanks Midge - after being told by my 12-year-old my WS moniker is "cringey" (or is it "cringy"!?) just last night, I really needed that :).

But in all seriousness, there is a tiny part of me that wonders if the charges are sealed pending discovery of the body ... :(.

Thanks Midge - after being told by my 12-year-old my WS moniker is "cringey" (or is it "cringy"!?) just last night, I really needed that :).

But in all seriousness, there is a tiny part of me that wonders if the charges are sealed pending discovery of the body ... :(.

Why withhold that info from family? Maybe not tell them specifics but "hey were really close"?

<modsnip>

I don't know how you do it, but you do! Thanks for this info. I have, unfortunately, read my allowed free articles so I wasn't able to read this. But, this could truly explain the silence. I hope we have some arrests and answers soon. Thank you IMHO!

BBM.

Do you think they may have a lead on the location or that one of the persons arrested may lead them to it?

Why withhold that info from family? Maybe not tell them specifics but "hey were really close"?

Probably depends on who they think could be involved. They wouldn't want to show their cards to the family if there was a chance someone would get a heads up that they were coming for them.

Probably depends on who they think could be involved. They wouldn't want to show their cards to the family if there was a chance someone would get a heads up that they were coming for them.

Exactly what I was beating around the bush about.

ETA - I still feel very conflicted on the circumstances of MC disappearing and who may/may not be involved.

Apologies if I missed this, but do we know if the purpose for a grand jury is public knowledge?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Apologies if I missed this, but do we know if the purpose for a grand jury is public knowledge?

No, it's not entirely public knowledge. Some of the cases have been reported on, but the part of the grand jury that is most curious is the part that is sealed and won't be public until someone is arrested.

They are confidential until after their session and they decide to indict someone.

Basically the prosecutor presents information/witnesses (defense not presented) and the grand jury decides if there is enough to prosecute the case.

I personally believe the 2 daughters, and our VI family member here are sharp cookies on all levels, and they will find out the truth thanks to their love for MC, dedication, grace and perseverance.

I personally believe the 2 daughters, and our VI family member here are sharp cookies on all levels, and they will find out the truth thanks to their love for MC, dedication, grace and perseverance.

Agree, completely.

At this point, it really doesn't matter does it? From what has been stated about the rules for WS, we can't take anything the daughter in law, son, OR BC said on FB into consideration. None of it has been verified and could all be lies or rumors. Like I said, I understand how and why the WS rules are set up the way that they are. I'll stick to only commenting on news articles and public records searches, and no other info found will be posted or commented on by me. :)

Mod Note:

Posts have been removed.

Comments and posts by family members via their personal FB profiles on the Find FB page are off limits for discussion.

You can direct fellow posters to a particular comment by identifying the initials of that person and the date/time they made the comment, but the content of their comment(s) cannot be discussed here. We may revisit this the future, but at this time, if you read it on Facebook, please leave it on Facebook.

That said, if the comments get picked up and published in MSM, they will then be open for discussion.

Additionally, please abide by Websleuths' victim-friendly rule. Unless and until LE says otherwise, family members are considered victims and it is against the rules to accuse any of them of being involved or responsible for a missing person's disappearance.

:tyou:

Could someone tell me how to find the remarks of a person on a thread? I know there's a way to search a thread but I'm drawing a blank today. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82