Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember anyone saying this was a locked box. Could well be I'm not paying attention. I wonder how big this box was and if you needed a key to access it. Also, I don't recall anyone saying where in the shop the lockbox was found.
I think you're right, Razz, and I call it a lockbox perhaps by mistake. I don't currently have a link that describes exactly what it is, but it's been called a box, a safe, and I've used all those terms I think. I'll try to stick with "box."

I don't remember anyone saying this was a locked box. Could well be I'm not paying attention. I wonder how big this box was and if you needed a key to access it. Also, I don't recall anyone saying where in the shop the lockbox was found.
You're right, Razz, and I've used box, lockbox and safe to describe the money in the shop. I know I've seen all 3 terms used, but I don't recall seeing a confirmed description or whether it had a key-operated lock, a combination, or what. I admit I assume it was some type of lock box. I'll try to use "box" or just "money" from now on!

:( I think it's time for an update of some sort, if anybody's out there? Please, pretty please. I am discouraged, but know it's nothing compared to what Papaw's family feels.

I agree, any kind of update would be appreciated. But I haven't seen any VI on in awhile. Does anybody know if they ever determined an identity on the body that was found in Gun Barrel City?

Just checked the Thomas Brown thread and even though it said investigators (Klein) are close to a breakthrough, nothing has been said in about 3 weeks. Maybe Klein is tied up in other investigations right now. But yes, a small bit of progressive info would be great right now. From anybody.

Just checked the Thomas Brown thread and even though it said investigators (Klein) are close to a breakthrough, nothing has been said in about 3 weeks. Maybe Klein is tied up in other investigations right now. But yes, a small bit of progressive info would be great right now. From anybody.
And it doesn't even have to be much of a tidbit, Razz, does it? Anything that helps to keep a case in the public eye, keep and get people talking- you just never, ever know what might bring Papaw, or any of the missing, home. Sometimes it's the seemingly tiniest detail, or re-awakened memory, or someone new with a fresh set of eyes.

Hunt County has to be the saddest place in the USA.Since I've been waiting for an update on Michael's case I decided to read up on some of the other cases in the county between the abuse of power from elected officials and corrupt police and unsolved murders and missing persons how is this not a bigger story.If this was happening to citizens in another country and the stories I have been told make my blood boil.Sadly there will be more Papaw's unless thing's change there.

Hunt County has to be the saddest place in the USA.Since I've been waiting for an update on Michael's case I decided to read up on some of the other cases in the county between the abuse of power from elected officials and corrupt police and unsolved murders and missing persons how is this not a bigger story.If this was happening to citizens in another country and the stories I have been told make my blood boil.Sadly there will be more Papaw's unless thing's change there.

There is a great new podcast called "Buried" that highlights a missing girl from Hunt Co. She went missing from Quinlan in 1991. They made mention of the FB interview Sheriff Meeks did regarding MC's case in one of the last episodes. Worth your time to listen.
Buried

There is a great new podcast called "Buried" that highlights a missing girl from Hunt Co. She went missing from Quinlan in 1991. They made mention of the FB interview Sheriff Meeks did regarding MC's case in one of the last episodes. Worth your time to listen.
Buried
This is a fantastic series. I was thrilled to hear that there are more episodes coming.

I rarely added anything to the threads for Mr. Chambers but he’s still in my watched threads and I pray for his family often. Wishing someone could get something done about the thins I see wrong in regards to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard