Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

The bike in the newsreel looks like it could easily be identified. Did he wear jewelery? Wedding band or necklace?

Please watch this news story and tell me if I understand it correctly. From where this man entered the woods off of Rt. 276, it was 10 miles to where the body was found? Where was the body found exactly? Close to Cedar Cove and close to the water? Clearly the female reporter didn't walk 10 miles with him for the story, right? There is another way to get to the location? And is that other way by boat?

Even if these are his remains, it is almost even worse than never finding him. He will never receive the justice that he deserves. Just more anguish for his family members.

. . . not enough evidence (the usual). And then, for others, unjustly, life goes on . . . living happily ever after, as a clam at high tide, secure in the knowledge that they will never be charged.

Even if these are his remains, it is almost even worse than never finding him. He will never receive the justice that he deserves. Just more anguish for his family members.

. . . not enough evidence (the usual). And then, for others, unjustly, life goes on . . . living happily ever after, as a clam at high tide, secure in the knowledge that they will never be charged.
I’m not there yet. Remember, the Texas Rangers are involved now and they have some smart people with a ton of experience! There are at least two people involved in this, I think it’s safe to say. Those two people know other people. Imagine doing something like this . . .how do you deal with the guilt? You might drink and what do you do when you drink? You might get chatty. There is NO way that still only two people have knowledge about what happened that day. I think the investigators can solve this!

If I've missed it I apologize but? The blood in garage and bucket was confirmed to be MC but it wasn't fresh. Had been collected and preserved. How did someone else besides MC collect that blood?

If I've missed it I apologize but? The blood in garage and bucket was confirmed to be MC but it wasn't fresh. Had been collected and preserved. How did someone else besides MC collect that blood?
Personally, I am with PI Klein‘s view of the evidence on this one. Blood was not collected and preserved; it dropped from ears on a “dog walk” style while two people moved the body. Plus, if that blood was dropped from a vial, why is there blood smeared on a dowel that was close by? I think that the dowel was simply forgotten by the perpetrators when they were cleaning up. I also think that the perpetrators never thought, in their wildest dreams, that LE wouldn’t think the garage was the crime scene.

Here is the public link to Rains County CAD Property search. Once you are on the map. East Tawakoni in Rains Co is just past the 2 mile bridge. Cedar Cove / Cedar Creek is in this area. Interactive Map – Rains CAD – Official Site (There is also a Cedar Creek Lake about a hour away, not the same) Satellite option next to the printer option in upper right hand corner 2021 option is latest.

Last edited:
It has been a very long time since I posted here, but I want y'all to know I've kept up with the comments over the years. I can't comment on anything that's being asked b/c frankly we don't yet have answers. But just know that Papaw's granddaughter appreciate's y'all's caring about his case for so long, and the fact that y'all keep coming back each time there is news or a story run, means so much to me. I will update when we have any news from the testing being done.

As you know, I've thought a lot about this case recently. I recently re-watched the Disappeared episode and there are some things that I still hold very strong convictions about and there are some other things that I still have questions about. We don't know whether the body is Mr. Chambers but, assuming it is, I have some thoughts. I thought I'd express myself here:

1. Ever since coming on the case, PI Klein has said that people near Lake Tawakoni need to check their properties and especially when the water goes down. In a summer podcast (I forget which one), Klein mentioned that his team had a search planned for some of the sloughs around the lake. Is Klein simply smart or did he know something? This is related to point #2.
2. Last spring, a woman posted on the Hunt County Theft Reports FB page that she might know something about the Chambers case. She made it sound like someone told her something that might be relevant to this case. She eventually got a hold of Hunt County and PI Klein's office and Klein mentions this "tip" in a podcast from last spring. Klein made it sound like the tip related to where a body might be located. Very general, perhaps, but something to look into for law enforcement. Given that Klein and his team (with help from Texas Equisearch) were going to search some sloughs around the lake, I'm assuming those searches were related to the tip.
3. My theory is this: there were two people involved in the foul play. One person with brains and the other with brawn. I have really strong convictions about the blood in the garage. I think the perpetrators thought they had concocted the "perfect crime" but the main problem was that Mr. Chambers started to bleed out of his ear while on the ground. One person couldn't move him, however, and so while that person was waiting for another person to arrive, blood pooled on the concrete. Once the second person arrived, they moved him to a tarp near the door. That explains the blood drops moving away from the blood pool area.
4. The bike: I'm torn about this because I see there being two possibilities for what role the bike plays in this. Remember I said that I think someone with brains planned this out. The first possibility is that that person, all along, planned for a bike to play a role; specifically, that the bike would be placed next to the body and that it would "support" a theory of suicide. That person planted or fed that theory to Sheriff Meeks and he ran with it once he couldn't figure anything else out. The second possibility is that Sheriff Meeks came up with the theory because it absolved him of having to solve a crime and the bike was planted at the body location later once they saw an opportunity to bolster Sheriff Meek's theory. While both theories fit (I think), I tend to believe the first possibility.
5. The Disappeared episode mentioned that Mr. Chambers went back to the other side of Lake Tawakoni "around 2:30pm that day." That makes sense now considering where the body was found. I think that PI Klein said that his phone went dead around 5:50pm halfway on the 2-mile bridge. I don't know how to interpret that.
6. I am not from Hunt County or Texas so I have no idea about traffic near his house but there is a road across the street that takes you to the Hideaway Estates. How many people come out of that development and turn onto FM2101 during a given day? I understand that it's not something you'd be necessarily looking for, but is it possible that someone saw something that day? I don't know what coverage the trees provide on March 10 but it seems like someone had to see something!
7. I firmly believe that the Hunt County Sheriff's office and PI Klein have this largely figured out. I think the public does not know fully what they know. I'd bet that LE is pretty sure of who is involved.
8. When two (or more) people are involved in a crime, LE squeezes one to get to the other. They give some immunity to one in order to get the other. That's going to be what cracks this case, in my opinion. Loyalties and connections lessen over time. That's how this case will ultimately be solved.
9. I think 2023 is the year this case is solved and this family FINALLY gets answers. They certainly deserve it! Let's bring this case home and bring some justice for this family!

The found bike was included in news footage here in Texas. I will look for it to see if it matches. I think when I saw the footage, I thought, that's a much older model, faded bike...but we don't know how old MC's bike was.
Definitely looks like the bike.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back