Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

Yes, most likely. There was one article that said she was last seen at the intersection near there at 11:30 PM on Thanksgiving night. I think it is most likely her car was seen on camera at that intersection at that time, but it was only the one article that mentioned 11:30 PM. That would mean Michele's car and daughter were most likely left there around midnight and the daughter spent the night in the car or on the street before being found at the store. I can't imagine Michele doing this no matter what her state of mind was. It must have been scary for that little girl. The only alternative scenario I can come up with is that Michele took her daughter to "a friends" house for Thanksgiving. Maybe something happened to Michele there and maybe the "friend" dropped off the car around midnight so it wouldn't be seen at their home and then dropped off the daughter at the store the next day. But the little girl should be able to tell if she was at someone's house. Unless she was frightened and threatened by someone not to tell anything. No matter what explanation I think of, I just keep thinking of that child and how scared she must have been wherever she spent the night. And the sequence of events as told does not make sense. How could Michele's husband go to sleep on Thanksgiving night after coming home to the house rearranged without at least being concerned about where his daughter was? Michele had not replied to his messages or answered his calls and he got that strange facebook friend request at Thanksgiving dinner. Why did he not call police right away when his daughter and wife didn't come home that night? Did Michele often take their child and disappear for a night? Nothing makes sense here. :gaah:

This whole thing. I agree with everything you've said, 1000%.

I would love to get some simple facts, like what time was Michele supposed to go to where her husband was staying for dinner. What time did he go to the house and discover that she wasn't there? Simple questions. What time did her Mother speak to her that day?

Wouldn't some kind of verified timeline be wonderful? I'd like to see video footage, or factual, concrete, times as to where Michele was, or what she was doing that day. The only thing I think we have is the phone call with her mom, but I'm curious as to her phone records, before and after she vanished.

Try calling again, tomorrow.

New article. Not much new but worth a read. Another opinion piece. Where are you Michele?

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion...last-thanksgiving-laurence-reisman/853882001/
There are a number of new things in this opinion piece.

One thing I learn is related to timing:

Boyd called her mother to wish her a happy holiday.

“She sounded very busy,” like she was wrapping presents, Roode said. The daughter told her mother she did not want to spend the holiday with Seth Boyd.

About the same time, Boyd began texting his wife to finalize a time to meet at his brother’s house. She never responded. He went to her home, only to find his daughter, wife and her car gone.

Seth Boyd got even more worried after Thanksgiving dinner when he and others received a bizarre Facebook friend request with a picture of his wife apparently taken that afternoon. The requester used a different name.

I don't know if I missed this from the prior opinion piece but the timing of when her husband started texting about coming over for Thanksgiving allegedly started at or near the same time as the call to her mother. Also, and I am pretty certain it went by me in the previous opinion piece, it seems as if her husband went to the house and found no one there and then went back and had dinner.

I would be curious as to what, if anything, was said in the friend request and what that name was.

We also learn that:

In the wee hours the next morning, police called and said his daughter was found safe alone outside a San Antonio store.

So now we know that the police were called and involved at the time of the discovery of her daughter. The timing might also have been better defined depending on whether the writer's use of "wee hours" is not just poetic license since that usually is defined as between 1am and 4am. It would be nice to know which store so we can understand its location in relation to where he car was. Also whether or not Michele or her vehicle was seen on surveillance cameras in the vicinity of this store or in the store.

Her car would be towed the next morning. Also, the police were called for that per the prior article but it was stated that the car hadn't been reported stolen.

So, in the space of a few hours we have police involvement with her daughter at a store and police involvement concerning her vehicle. How is it that these two things don't get put together? Why does it take until a missing persons report is filed?

Even then the writer opines that San Antonio Police view this differently despite the fact that apparently the writer has not received any information to base that opinion on.

San Antonio police, who seem more interested in investigating Michele Boyd for abandoning her daughter than finding her, did not return my phone calls or emails.

I don't believe the timing of Michele's phone being in Eastern Florida was mentioned before but it is here.

Police, Seth Boyd said, told him that shortly after the disappearance her cellphone might have been used in eastern Florida.

It would be nice to know just how soon after her disappearance this happened, and actually if it happened since it is said "might have".

I also wanted to make an observation about what the person from the Heidi Search Center said.

“If there was a trail I believe we would have found it,” said Laster, whose agency has found 98 percent of missing people in the past 26 years, including 94 percent alive. “They turn up at some point.”
This sentence is written rather oddly to me. On the one hand it talks about the agency and its success rate in finding missing people but on the other is the part I put in bold. This sentence seems as if it was constructed from two different questions and responses.

Something I missed that is in both opinion pieces:

Boyd, who in her first marriage was convinced she couldn’t get pregnant, was ecstatic to have a daughter in 2011. But as 2016 rolled around, she began to act oddly, family members said.

Is the writer referring truly to her first marriage or her second marriage, since we know the marriage to Seth was her third marriage?

I think she left willingly and is living under an assumed name. Lord knows why though. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There are a number of new things in this opinion piece.

One thing I learn is related to timing:

I don't know if I missed this from the prior opinion piece but the timing of when her husband started texting about coming over for Thanksgiving allegedly started at or near the same time as the call to her mother. Also, and I am pretty certain it went by me in the previous opinion piece, it seems as if her husband went to the house and found no one there and then went back and had dinner.

I would be curious as to what, if anything, was said in the friend request and what that name was.

We also learn that:

So now we know that the police were called and involved at the time of the discovery of her daughter. The timing might also have been better defined depending on whether the writer's use of "wee hours" is not just poetic license since that usually is defined as between 1am and 4am. It would be nice to know which store so we can understand its location in relation to where he car was. Also whether or not Michele or her vehicle was seen on surveillance cameras in the vicinity of this store or in the store.

Her car would be towed the next morning. Also, the police were called for that per the prior article but it was stated that the car hadn't been reported stolen.

So, in the space of a few hours we have police involvement with her daughter at a store and police involvement concerning her vehicle. How is it that these two things don't get put together? Why does it take until a missing persons report is filed?

Even then the writer opines that San Antonio Police view this differently despite the fact that apparently the writer has not received any information to base that opinion on.

I don't believe the timing of Michele's phone being in Eastern Florida was mentioned before but it is here.

It would be nice to know just how soon after her disappearance this happened, and actually if it happened since it is said "might have".

I also wanted to make an observation about what the person from the Heidi Search Center said.

This sentence is written rather oddly to me. On the one hand it talks about the agency and its success rate in finding missing people but on the other is the part I put in bold. This sentence seems as if it was constructed from two different questions and responses.

Something I missed that is in both opinion pieces:

Is the writer referring truly to her first marriage or her second marriage, since we know the marriage to Seth was her third marriage?

All of these are very good points, especially her car being towed and her daughter found in the same time span !

It is certainly possible. I guess it's easy enough to do, if that's what your planning. But was there that much of a disconnect from love and concern at least for her daughter? She could have left the kid almost anywhere but abandoned!

It is certainly possible. I guess it's easy enough to do, if that's what your planning. But was there that much of a disconnect from love and concern at least for her daughter? She could have left the kid almost anywhere but abandoned!
That's the part I don't understand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi all, I just read this entire thread from start to finish, and am equally baffled as many of you in this case. I'm on the fence as to whether this was a voluntary departure or if there were more nefarious circumstances behind her disappearance. I do agree with those that have posted regarding the two best potential leads - the surveillance cameras/footage in the area where her car was found, and her daughter and what she knows or witnessed. However, if police are not investigating her disappearance with the possibility of her being in danger and/or harmed, I doubt that they would invest the time or resources to track down and watch surveillance footage or interview the child more, especially if there is a protective father in the background (not saying he is prohibiting further LE contact, just a theory).

Two sad cases come to mind - Dr. Teleka Patrick (voluntary with serious mental health issues, but found deceased) and Tricia Todd (portrayed as having serious mental problems and likely to have left on her own by her murderer - her ex-husband, who killed and disposed of her in the most cruel and dehumanizing way).

On one hand, I have seen cases where mothers have abandoned families, just up and left to start a new life. On the other, the location and circumstances under which she chose to do so don't add up. She could have just gone to her ex's house for Thanksgiving with her daughter (a presumably safe place) and made up some excuse to step out or go get something and then carried out whatever plans she had. On the other other hand, if she was truly under mental duress and not thinking clearly, then she may not have been capable of making rational decisions.

Regardless, I hope that she is found safely, or if not found, living somewhere in a healthy state of mind and body.

Does anyone know what store her daughter was found at?

Does anyone know what store her daughter was found at?
It hasn't been mentioned but her husband and her brother know for sure per comments on the Find page on FB.

Question?
I know I could read back and throught msm but are there times of when Michelle spoke to her mom and when Seth came home to find wife and daughter gone?

Question?
I know I could read back and throught msm but are there times of when Michelle spoke to her mom and when Seth came home to find wife and daughter gone?

No exact times have been given. A recent article said it was "around the same time".

Michele Roode Boyd Timeline and Media links

16 Feb 2005 – Michele files for chapter 7 Bankruptcy (Background report, Thread #1, Post#373)

2006 –
Michele first met her current husband, SB, in an online game of World of Warcraft. She was working at Indian River Estates and living in Vero Beach, FL at the time while SB lived in San Antonio, TX (TCPalm).

– Michele moved to San Antonio and eventually married SB (TCPalm).

– Michele and SB’s daughter was born (TCPalm).

– Money became an issue in Michele and SB’s marriage (TCpalm).

Oct 2016 –
Michele asked SB for a divorce. SB agreed to a trial separation and moved out of their house (TCPalm).

Nov 2016
- A couple days before she went missing she chopped her hair off really short and dyed her hair blondish orange with the front of her hair dyed bluish (Khou News, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016, THANKSGIVING DAY-
Michele was last seen at her home in the 7000 block of Calvary Stage, San Antonio. This is in Leon Springs on the Northwest Side (KENS5 News, My San Antonio News).

24 Nov 2016
- Michele’s husband (SB) texted her to finalize a time when she and their daughter could meet at his brother’s for a holiday meal. He didn’t get a text back. No one answered the phone (TCPalm).

24 Nov 2016, early Thanksgiving afternoon
– Michele’s mom, SR, spoke to her on the phone from Sebastian, FL. She was the last family member to speak to Michele. “She sounded very busy,” like she was wrapping presents, SR said. Michele told her mother she did not want to spend the holiday with her husband (TCPalm, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016
, after Thanksgiving dinner - SB and others received a bizarre Facebook friend request with a selfie picture of Michele apparently taken that afternoon in her car. The fb requester used a different name. The picture of Michele used on the new facebook profile is the picture family later used on the missing flyer-- it is of Michele with short hair dyed orange and blue and is the most recent picture (TCPalm, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016
– Michele’s husband returned home to find her and their 5 year old daughter gone (TCPalm).

24 Nov 2016
, 11:30 PM - Michele may have been seen in her car at the intersection of WW White and Rigsby in San Antonio (Wilson County News).

25 Nov 2016, BLACK FRIDAY, Early Morning -
Michele’s new 2016 Ford Focus SEL with paper plates was towed from the alley behind Taqueria Los Dos Laredos at 4703 Rigsby Avenue on the Southeast Side of San Antonio. Her wallet, keys, personal items and luggage were found in car. SB said she left her social security card, and has no ID, no credit cards, no money and no cell phone with her (My San Antonio News, KENS5 News, Khou News, Wilson County News).

25 Nov 2016, Early Morning -
SB got a call saying their daughter was found alone outside a San Antonio store (TCPalm).

25 Nov 2016
– SB, JR and others searched the area where the daughter was found. The daughter said Michele threw her phone in a dumpster so they also searched area dumpsters (TCPalm).

29 Nov 2016
- Police located Michele’s car in a private impound lot. It had not been reported stolen. (Kens5 News)

1 Dec 2016
– A search party combed the neighborhood surrounding Dellcrest Park near Loop 410 and Rigsby near where her car was found and passed out flyers in the area (News4 San Antonio, KENS5 News)

9 Dec 2016
– A $1000 reward was offered (News4 San Antonio).

14 Dec 2016
– Michele’s family offered a $2,000 reward for her safe return (KENS5 News).

25 Dec 2016
– Michele’s daughter was sent to Florida stay with her grandmother (Michele’s mother) for Christmas, to give Michele’s husband SB time to look for her. Michele’s brother JR said in a Dec 29 interview he believes Michele could be in Florida with her daughter (Khou News).

26 Dec 2106
– Michele’s 42nd birthday. She is still missing.

31 Dec 2016
– Michele’s nursing license expires (license# Rn9279990) without renewal.

29 Jan 2017
– A coworker of Michele’s claims to have seen her near Medical Drive and Wurzbach Road. She was reportedly wearing jeans and a dark hoodie covering her head. The coworker said she called out to the woman and went looking for her after turning her car around, but she was gone moments later. The coworker says she may have gone into some apartments on Medical Drive across from the CVS right before Wurzbach Road (My San Antonio News).

Abt May 2017 –
Michele’s husband (SB) had to move out of their house due to foreclosure (TCPalm)

1 June 2017 – Reward increased to $10,000 (My San Antonio News).

Other Possibly Important Case Details
Biographical and Descriptive Info:

Michele is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds with red hair and green eyes.

She has a vine tattoo on her left ankle.

Her nickname is Shelly (News4 San Antonio).

Michele has a 5-year-old daughter and two step children (My San Antonio News). Michele had been unable to have children with her previous husband
so her daughter is her only biological child and was extra special to her. (TCPalm).

Michele is previously from Vero Beach, FL (TCPalm).

Info on her employment/Quotes from her coworkers:

Michele is a registered nurse in the Christus Health system. She worked at Christus Santa Rosa hospital in San Antonio (News4 San Antonio).

She worked on open-heart surgeries and in the intensive care unit. (TCPalm).

A colleague says she was spotted crying at work before she disappeared (News4 San Antonio).

"It doesn't matter how crazy the shift is and how overwhelmed. She is always asking what she can do to help you," one colleague said. (Khou News)

“She was a very ambitious, loyal worker,” MM, a co-worker at Indian River Estates, said of Michele Boyd. “Her child was the most important thing to her. That’s why nothing makes sense.” (TPalm)

Info related to her marriage/Info and quotes from her husband SB:

Michele and SB were both divorcees before marrying in 2008 (TCPalm).

SB gave up his job to stay home with their daughter (TCPalm).

After her disappearance SB started a job delivering pizzas to make ends meet (TCPalm).

SB said “She’s lost touch with her current reality,” He says Michele’s been disoriented and exhibited signs of paranoia. Her husband also claims her coworkers noticed a change in her behavior (News4 San Antonio).

SB said that prior to going missing Michele became increasingly paranoid about her internet privacy (TCPalm).

SB said: “There were just a lot of strange things going on,” and noted he did not suspect infidelity. (TCPalm).

SB said: “I’ve gone through every scenario you can possibly imagine in my head,” “Nobody has a really good idea (of where she is). There’s no paper trail.” (TCPalm).

After five months, SB no longer obsesses over his wife’s disappearance, but remains on edge (TCPalm).

SB said: “Every time I’d hear a noise at the door I’d think it was her,” “This just never ends. One day I think she might be dead, the next I think she might be homeless, the next somebody took her, the next she’s starting a new life because she has amnesia.” (TCPalm).

Quotes and Info from her brother JR:

Michele liked Texas so much she convinced her younger brother, JR, to move there. JR got a job in SA and also got married there. He spoke to his
sister at least weekly before she disappeared. (TCPalm)

Her brother, JR, says she may have experienced a “mental break," and she started exhibiting strange behaviors, but they don’t believe drugs are involved. (My San Antonio News)

Despite the suggestion she may have had a “mental break”, her brother JR says she has no history of mental illness nor any history of drug use. (My San Antonio News)

JR suggested reactions to prescription drugs, not painkillers, his sister took legally might have led to her odd behavior (TCPalm).

Her brother JR also described Michele as “Very Responsible”and the “sole breadwinner of her family.” (My San Antonio News)

JR says that Michele read an anonymous online book about the tech world, “Iterating Grace,” and became obsessed with finding the authors. JR says his sister claimed she was so close to identifying them a cult began targeting her online, even placing images of her relatives in online ads (TCPalm).

JR said: "That day there was a weird Facebook friend request from a different name and it had my sister's picture, and that's the picture on the flyer with the short hair, the most recent picture,” he was confused, he thought it was a fake Facebook account or spam. “I thought you know her computer got infected and hacked yeah." Reports were made to Facebook and the page was taken down (News4 San Antonio).

JR said: "We think that she's just not well right now, and needs help," Boyd's brother fears his sister may be wondering the streets of San Antonio."She could have hitchhiked, she could have gotten picked up by somebody, I mean anything is possible," (News4 San Antonio).

Other possibly important details:

“There are facts related to this case police are not releasing at this time, hoping to develop better clues” (KENS5 News)

San Antonio police have been tight-lipped, refusing to release information on the case except for sending a reporter a heavily redacted report (TCPalm)

Police did tell the family they tried to locate Michele Boyd’s cellphone using global positioning system data. It showed she might have been on the east coast of Florida sometime after she went missing (TCPalm).

A message sent to Michele’s email address suggests she might have tried to set up an account at a Safeway store in California (TCPalm).

A post to the find Michele Facebook page states she is suffering from mental illness and may not know her real name. She may be using an alias. It also said information suggests she may be in California, possibly San Francisco, or Florida. She may also still be in San Antonio (My San Antonio News).

Some people claimed to see her in the area where her car was towed. Her brother JR suggests she may be near a shopping center in the area or near a Mexican meat market. “I honestly think she doesn’t know where she is,” Roode said in an interview. (My San Antonio News)

A woman fitting Michele Boyd’s description was reported to have argued with a store clerk in the neighborhood where her car was towed. SB and JR say (AFATK) there was no surveillance video showing mother and daughter (TCPalm)

There are conflicting reports about whether her car was left locked or unlocked at the restaurant. KENS5 News reported that family members said it was found unlocked. Michele’s husband says that is not correct and it was locked. For additional information possibly from Michele’s husband see post#105, Thread #1. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nio-24-Nov-2016/page7&p=13056322#post13056322

Media Links:
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/search-underway-for-local-mom-missing-since-thanksgiving/359591494
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/family-searching-for-mother-who-disappeared-on-thanksgiving
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...her-went-missing-on-Thanksgiving-10780264.php
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...-in-michele-boyds-disappearance/273-369735918
http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...nurse-missing-for-more-than-a-month/380122949
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/search-for-missing-mom-we-just-want-her-back-no-matter-what
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/search-for-missing-woman-heats-up/361356820
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ng-Thanksgiving-possibly-spotted-10897752.php
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...of-missing-woman-gives-family-hope-01-31-2017
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...or-missing-sa-nurse-family-says/273-394736570
http://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion...nurse-still-missing-digital-extras/101207772/
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3700117-Michele-Missing.html
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...d-10-000-missing-SA-nurse-mother-11188336.php
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/reward-increased-to-10k-for-info-on-missing-nurse/444726037
https://www.wilsoncountynews.com/news/2016-12-21/Breaking/Missing_person.html
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/help-us-find-michele-roode-boyd
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1001279273333658/
https://www.facebook.com/Cheley.Roode
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1202698152293.31127.1373775515&type=3&theater
http://www.theheidisearchcenter.org/missing/michele-roode-boyd/

Bumping timeline. Sorry I still have not had time to update it. I believe a recent article implied he returned home to find Michelle and daughter gone PRIOR to his going to Thanksgiving dinner. I also have not added her two previous marriages/divorces. Anything else that needs to be added/changed? If someone would like to make a list I will try to update later but no guarantees I will get to it (the holidays are here and I am super busy now). If anyone else wants to update/add to it please feel free. Thanks!

Bumping timeline. Sorry I still have not had time to update it. I believe a recent article implied he returned home to find Michelle and daughter gone PRIOR to his going to Thanksgiving dinner. I also have not added her two previous marriages/divorces. Anything else that needs to be added/changed? If someone would like to make a list I will try to update later but no guarantees I will get to it (the holidays are here and I am super busy now). If anyone else wants to update/add to it please feel free. Thanks!
Yes, holidays! See ya in January Gardener1850!

Still thinking of Michele. Some human remains were recently found in a park in Kerrville, TX: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...remains-discovered-by-hunters-in-12421726.php

Probably not Michele, but this park is just under an hour's drive from her home: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cal...c04d6460a730ea!2m2!1d-99.1218524!2d30.0096286
Thank you for the article. I hope they can identify this person soon. It wouldn't be a stretch to think it could be Michele. Edit: I just read that foul play is not suspected, so maybe it is a stretch after all. Thanks again for posting, and keeping Michele's thread alive!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back