Identified! TX - Midland, living Male, 13-17, can't communicate his name, found near Ward & Shandon, 30 Jan 2023 - Cordarius Lashun Pegues

Also mentioned within the thread and the posted links -- Adji was ruled out by DNA testing.
Was Adji conclusively ruled out? It seems enough time has passed now for him to have been, just curious as I do not remember seeing an update. I remember LE saying they were pretty sure this young man was not him, but do not remember any follow up. Thank!

Also mentioned within the thread and the posted links -- Adji was ruled out by DNA testing.
I don’t think Adji has been conclusively excluded, but LE doesn’t think it’s him and Adji‘s mom visited him and said she has an instinct that he was not her son. The ages also don’t line up (Adji would be 20, this boy is estimated to be 13-17). There is a photo of him and a photo of Adji that look really similar side-by-side, but I don’t think it’s him. DNA results have not been publicly revealed and I can’t find an update more recent than early March.

I don’t think Adji has been conclusively excluded, but LE doesn’t think it’s him and Adji‘s mom visited him and said she has an instinct that he was not her son. The ages also don’t line up (Adji would be 20, this boy is estimated to be 13-17). There is a photo of him and a photo of Adji that look really similar side-by-side, but I don’t think it’s him. DNA results have not been publicly revealed and I can’t find an update more recent than early March.
My heart breaks for poor Addis mom! Has her life improved since the day her son went missing? (Living situation wise)

He looks like he's doing so well! I can feel his joy through those photos. The difference between his found pictures and his current pictures is stark -- he was clearly not receiving the care he needed in the past.

If he was able to identify his foster siblings by name, logically, he's probably able to identify himself by name as well. It makes me think his name really is Cordarius.

Perhaps he will learn sign language or storyboards to communicate!

So grateful to the fosters for bringing so many opportunities to him!
iPad with one of the versions of Proloquo is the way, if they can get funding. So much more customisable than storyboards or old style PECS laminated cards. They can customise the buttons for him, make them relevant to his level and his communication needs. He's got a good degree of ability and some pre-existing literacy there, or he couldn't have written his name, they just have to build on it.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back